There are no links and no public evidence atm.

I could provide you with screenshot with 10000 people and "10000 clients!" in big red numbers, but what would that prove? That I can use photoshop, that's what.

We aren't ready to open a server up for everyone to test it and thus, until that stage, it's merely my word (and others) that 3DGS can do what it can. I know all too well the downfalls of putting up a sample that is not ready for prime time having been at that stage many times before.

Remember, I have no stock-options in Conitec and thus I have no vested interest in the software aside from what it can do for me. I too was pissed at the beginning of my development at Conitecs reticence at telling us what the engine can do. But now we have more people working with it and at least 3 people that independently claim, from independent efforts and independent code, that it can do what we claim it can. If it couldn't handle 50 people, I gah-ran-f'n-tee you I would be the first to post it on every game engine board from here to mongolia...but it does... so I don't.

Yes, it still remains to be seen if one server can handle 100 much less 1000, yet all signs (right now) point to yes. Unless there is some weird DX9 Dplay juju that breaks the way things are scaling (and if there are articles on this I would love to see them!), then with our proven 50 clients and 2% resource use, I have confidence that we can acheive 500 clients and keep resource use to under 50%... and 500 is my magic number that proves that 3DGS (and our system) is "MMO ready". We'll see, but I remain optimistic as ever...

Running the 3DGS Server apps:
2x Xeon Duo Core 3.2
2x Raid-0 SATA HD
2x Gigabit NICs
2x 4 gig RAM (8 gig total)
1x 256 MB Nvidia (forget model)

Running the MySql server:
2x Xeon 2.6
2x Raid-0 SATA HD
2x 10/100 NICs
2x 1 Gig Ram (2 gig total)
1x 128 MB ATI (forget model)