Mark: Fstlane has posted a video some time ago about his project. A learning simulation, multiplayer, the way many students can interact with the world and study physics, etc. It has proven to work and even physics and all the things worked on all the clients, seamless and without any bigger lag.

Just because YOU can't do something, it doesnt mean that others can't. I have been working on a multiplayer shooter project called Prototype some time ago. Basically I didn't quit doing it because of 3DGS' incapability, but more because there wasnt much more than code. My so-called partners left me alone, and they were responsible for modelling and levelling. Code-wise everything works, and even an internal test proved that we do not have much lag. It works just as fine as any professional engine(as Unreal for example). IF you actually KNOW how to use it right and how to do things right. YOu have to understand the matter you are working in before you can really claim if it is good or not.

Yes, there were many prorotypes of Prototye(strange sentence huh?) and I had big problems getting the lag away(even in LAN!) but with every time i did understand it better and better, the lag has gone away and my multiplayer moevemtn code(even shooting using trace, which does mean the you could use a MG ingame without wasting bandwidth for transmitting the position of a dummy model that moves along) proved well working, stable and lag-free even withmutliple players over INTERNET.

You have to know what you are doing.

Oh in case you dont belive me, you can download the full source(code, levels, models, anything) in the USer ocntributions forum, as i providided it to the community to continue working on it or just using the code i have done.

Yes it is dirty, but this was simply a project to learn about 3DGS' multiplayer capabilities as many people were claiming that it is just *crap*, just like you did. But it did result in that it is capable of MANY things, using the native provided 3 basic functions: send_var, send_string and send_skill. YOu do not need anything more, besides od knowledge, and time to learn the functionality of 3DGS.

As for, try to run the source of my game, try it over internet with your friends. And then tell me again if it is possible or not

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku