Quote:

I believe in one of his more recent posts he claims his university is funding his "analysis" of the 3DGS connectivity and he has 2 full time interns working on it..

Yeaup... still trucking along though it's the governemnt, the state, and private investors, not my university since I'm not affiliated with any one university.

Quote:

Every player who has attempted any kind of multiplayer connectivity with 3DGS beyond 4 players has been forced to go to a third party network layer.

Not true. We acheive tens of simulatnous clients every day with 3DGS' native layer.

Quote:

In plain english the client software "connects" to the server software but does nothing with the connection as in there is no 3D object handling, movement or any kind of interaction other than the initial connect between the clients and the servers.)

Not true. We do plenty of interactons every day.

Quote:

Beyond all of that, the very nature of how 3DGS connects clients makes it virtually impossible for linked servers to hand off client objects to each other.

Not true. We do this every day hundreds of times a day.

Quote:

In plain english the client software "connects" to the server software but does nothing with the connection as in there is no 3D object handling, movement or any kind of interaction other than the initial connect between the clients and the servers

As you can see above, not true. We have acheived that and more.

Once 3DGS fails us, you'll know it... we wont' be shy about it... but so far it hasn't and your assertions about the 3DGS network layers capabilities are just plain wrong and misleading.