Quote:

true, in stills the explosions don't look good at all, but with your destruction shader, in motion they look really great, and do you really think the terrain looks blocky? or do you mean the metal platform looks stretched?

Well, everybody won’t see the explosions in motion before they judge the game and leave(much easier and probable that they see a screenshot first), and I really doubt those explosions look good in motion o.o... I’m sorry, but I do, so can you show us a video clip and clear my doubts? >.<

Any way, I have just added some simple so make effects and have a proposal/suggestion on how you may change the explosion, but I understand that you probably wont, because what you have now some how maybe is how you want them to be :], but any way, here is a image.

I personally like the feeling of power when i blow something up, and for me, that comes from fire, smoke and those weird lines shooting out from the center, and it gives me even a better feeling of power if I see small gibs and particles flying away from the explosion too, like parts from the bomb and the structure, and even snow and mud from the ground :]
But maybe that’s not the style of your game, but I have seen many anime fights with smoke first of all, and I have seen really men with those lines from the center, and they can be there even if there is no smoke and the explosion is perfectly round else to.

Any way, this is just my thoughts…

I’m looking forward to see more of this, I love mechs ^^

__________________________________________________ / Gafgar The Goblin... http://www.Goblinsoftware.tk/