I have just a few questions. I am planning on eventually making a commercial game. Do I need to do anything like give credit in the credits or anything like that if I use populace, you know.. after paying the 50$.

Another thing I wanted to mention was that, (and by this I mean no offense) after looking over the documentation for populace, I didn't really find anything that I couldn't do with 3dgamestudio's wdl language anyway. Now I don't know about speed, but since I do trust locoweed (lol what choice do we have, how many tutorials and other contributions has he made for us all?) I guess populace is faster. Now although faster = better 99% of the time, the lack of tutorials also hurt this maybe superior multiplayer expansion (i say maybe because I can't confirm it). One final problem is the simple fact that it's a DLL. The problem with a DLL is that when A6 updates or even when A7 comes out, it might cause problems. These are some of the reason I stopped bothering with populace at all. Although 3dgs multiplayer might suck ass... alot... badly.. (lol), it will remain to be supported and debugged throughout every update. If you bought a DLL for A5, it's now useless in A6, and sometimes even after some slight A5 updates.

Now I don't mean to bash Populace. In all honesty the people who are working to bring it to us for the small 50$ fee are great people. They really did try helping me a lot. I want to thank them 100% and I wish all service providers could be like them. Maybe now with locoweed coming out with a tutorial and my better understanding, I will use populace again, but I still fear the whole A6 upgrading and the DLL causing a headache in the long run. But then again I might be wrong with the DLL (I had a few bad experiences with A5 dlls)

The way i see it it's reliability vs performance.

Last edited by PrenceOfDarkness; 01/06/07 06:34.

"There is no problem that can't be solved with time and determination." -me
prenceofdarkness for instant messages on AIM.

Looking for a model designer
PLEASE, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE OR EMAIL IF YOU'RE INTERESTED.