Quote:

Uhm, Jehovah is a modern reconstruction of the ancient Hebrew name for God but in itself it's an artificial word so you can't link through like that.

I put question marks after the words, because I didn't know if I was using the correct english equivelant. However, regardless, I was using the directly translated words. In other words, looking at the exact passage where the word "God" appears in english, finding its equivelant in the Hebrew and Aramaic Dictionary. I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like the dictionary always provides the exact english word, just the pronounciation key or whatever its called. So I was tracing the original word, and attempting to the best of my ability to come up with the english for it, and then looking at its roots which is how I found the meaning of hayah. Whether or not I used the right spelling or whatever isn't relevant to what the word means.

Quote:

I thought you had the version which included those? Anyways, it doesn't matter, the Vine's dictionary is very interesting nevertheless.

It has the 'best of'. I wanted the original book to make sure I have the whole picture when possible.

Quote:

I'm talking about dozens of errors when looking at the ancient Hebrew and the translations in KJV, nothing special, search the web for some examples, I'm sure they can be found. I currently do not have the time to provide some.

I did a quick search, and all I could find were sites outlining the debate between people who think any translation besides the KJV was written by Satan, and people who don't think that.

Quote:

I hope you're not claiming the understanding of the bible hasn't changed, because that's silly and definately wrong, just look at the religious sects or movements throughout history, believing in slightly different things. Infact the whole concept of 'church' doesn't quite originate in the bible, am I right? Well, eventhough I think they simply wanted/had power, they do claim to have been 'guiding the(ir) people'.

You're right, which is why its important that at the very least, christian leaders are well equipped to refute error and heresy. Its also why, me being the person that I am, I want to know as much as possible about the original writings so I can critically examine these 'variants'.

That there are false doctrines, false teachers is an unfortunate truth. I've examined these different sects to a small extent, and to me its pretty plain to see why they're wrong. For instance, Mormons claim that Jehovah is the son, and Elohim is the father (two seperate entities). As you can see in the passages above, Jehovah claims to be Elohim. So which is it? I would take that to mean that the mormons are 'false teachers'. So I agree that perspectives and ideas change, but as I said that just shows the importance of understanding what you believe, and understanding the truth, so that you're not led astray.

I'm not specifically sure what you mean by 'church'. I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, I literally am not sure what you mean. Do you mean churches like church on the corner? Or the church as a whole, which just includes a metaphysical binding of all believers? Or the corporate existence of an entire church, ie the Catholic Church?

Either way, I'll have to admit that I don't know enough to give an answer. I'd have to look into it personally.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."