Quote:

Irish_farmer, in the past your discussion contributions had some quality and contained some real, serious arguments. I have the impression that this is currently lacking. You're mostly concentrating on insulting people. There is a lot of bitterness in your posts. I don't know what happened to you in the last months, maybe you crossed the border or something, or you're just too offended when someone discusses the bible in some critical way. In that case however you're free to walk away from such a discussion.

On the surface, you're right. I'm just trying to have a little fun at other's expense (for instance, the Matt thing), and so on. If you were to read my posts more literally than I meant it, then it would probably come off the wrong way. Also, if you were to read my posts the way I meant then it would still come off the same way. I'm mostly just trying to be sarcastic and whatnot, though.

I think if you knew me in real life, you would get it. I'm very opinionated, and though I don't mean to offend others, it definately can come off that way.

Also, I'm not here for serious in depth discussion anymore. My obsessional drive to go as in depth with the evolution topic as possible has ended. Now, I'm just trying to add my two cents whenever a topic piques my curiosity.

Quote:

I indeed sort of admire Asimov because I think he was one of the great creative minds of the 20th century.

I have no doubt he's a smart guy. I'd bet money on him being much much smarter than myself. In fact, to call his book 'anti-religious', as I put it, is...incorrect. He was writing his book from the perspective of a non-religious person. Which doesn't necessarily mean he was trying to bash it.

Quote:

And what you're telling here disdainfully about the view of women is not my view but the bible's view.

Well, the only reason I said that is because you're reading into it. There's no where in the bible that it says eve was created for his sexual pleasure. In fact, the initial way the bible describes her is as a helpmeet.

Women, while required for procreation, also serve many other useful purposes. Which is why I found it strange that you jumped right onto the sexual thing, out of all the other possibilities.

Either way, the important thing is that the bible doesn't say, "Adam named the animals and therefore got to have a sexual toy." He named the animals, found none that suited him as a proper companion and so Eve was created. That they have sex is basically coincidental in the grand scheme of things, as far as I see it.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."