Quote:

I dont think you read the article, and if you did you apparently arent able to follow it.

I was able to follow it, but the conclusions aren't worth two cents. I'm sure you'll follow this up with some intelligent reposte like, "But you're wrong because someone disagrees with you."

Such is the state of the intelligence of atheist argumentation.

Quote:

Isaac Asimov was a respected physicist and writer on many subjects.

Agreed, but he was not a historian, nor a biblical scholar. He had an anti-religious agenda and there is no reason to take him seriously. He was out of his field.

Quote:

Perhaps there's one God with an ego problem? Calling multiple Gods stupid is just as narrow minded eventhough saying that is kinda easy off course, because thinking the exact opposite as unlikely, may be just as narrow minded.

I'm not calling polytheism stupid. I'm calling a person stupid who believes in multiple gods when one God claims to be the true God.

Quote:

However since the bible is generally considered 'truth', what about those 'facts'?? If it's not really a contradiction, then I really wish to know why it's written like this. I don't mind errors in a text at all, as long as they can be explained in a realistic way. The angels argument fails, the 'plural gods but singular verbs' also fails although it's better than the angels argument. What other explanations would be possible?

I've already given explanations and you failed to address them specifically.

Quote:

The famous a sparrow is a bird yet not every bird is a sparrow kind of reasoning fails in this case. It's causality and context that matters too, revealing the 'problem'. You're right, in itself the sentence makes sense and they probably didn't litterally mean earth but wanted to be a tad more specific, however in this context what they mean for sure is 'land'. Something was created on the land, what other land could they possibly mean than earth?

In every other context, the word erets refers to specific plots of land on a much smaller scale than the earth. You have to provide some other reasoning for assuming erets is referring to the earth in its entirety besides, "I believe that's what it means."

Also, I apologize to Dan Silverman for jumping to conclusions about his abilities to address matters of contradictions in the bible. I admit that I don't know fully his ability to address biblical contradictions, and I admit that his abilities are more than I gave him credit for. I didn't mean to imply anything derogatory about Dan, but I admit that it probably came off that way due to me being a poor communicator also I did misjudge him based on faulty assumptions.

Last edited by Irish_Farmer; 12/05/06 03:51.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."