Quote:

You would have to have a pretty open mind to believe in multiple gods, one of which claims to be the only true God. Actually I believe the name for that is 'stupid.'

Perhaps there's one God with an ego problem? Calling multiple Gods stupid is just as narrow minded eventhough saying that is kinda easy off course, because thinking the exact opposite as unlikely, may be just as narrow minded.

However since the bible is generally considered 'truth', what about those 'facts'?? If it's not really a contradiction, then I really wish to know why it's written like this. I don't mind errors in a text at all, as long as they can be explained in a realistic way. The angels argument fails, the 'plural gods but singular verbs' also fails although it's better than the angels argument. What other explanations would be possible?

Quote:

"Isaac Asimov's guide to the bible."

Perhaps he wanted to make a point.

Quote:

The bible doesn't have to imply that they were a late add on, since the word they use (erets), refers to small scale plots of land.

The famous a sparrow is a bird yet not every bird is a sparrow kind of reasoning fails in this case. It's causality and context that matters too, revealing the 'problem'. You're right, in itself the sentence makes sense and they probably didn't litterally mean earth but wanted to be a tad more specific, however in this context what they mean for sure is 'land'. Something was created on the land, what other land could they possibly mean than earth?

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software