Quote:

Besides that, if there is no earth, where do you put the man?

Well, obviously you don't even need an earth for a man to exist. A God would be able to create in any order they'd wish anyway, right?

Besides, some things would perhaps make some vague sense physically speaking even if in a different order such as 'created light -> created earth' OR 'created earth -> created light'. It's still a contradiction though if lateron or previously there has been a statement about it in a different order.

Quote:

You don't have to assume anything!

No, just follow blindly and you'll be fine. Come on, you can't ignore socalled facts being in a different order. In this case it's a legit question. If something is said to you a second time, different then the first then you can think two things. 1.) Ow, what has been said previously was wrong. 2.) I think they've made an error, because I've read before ... etc. So again, it's legit.

Quote:

They're looking for ways to be confused by the text.

I don't need to look for them, they're all over the place, starting on the first page the text(s) begin.

Quote:

If mal'ach means angel, how can it also refer to God? Because context determines meaning. So therefore, I would maybe examine the way you're looking at the text.

While for the point I was trying to make it wasn't really about what it stands for, it was moreso about the fact that plurals had been used.

I came to the same conclusion as you just did; If mal'ach means angel, how can it also refer to God? That's confusing indeed, especially when Angels are not supposed to be Gods and Gods are not supposed to be Angels. I guess in this case we're both biased,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software