Quote:

While linguïstically they are right, this isn't completely 100% true. The order in which things have been written do infact still matter. Even in Hebrew it wouldn't make sense to say something like this: "God creates Adam, God had created Earth, God had created Light" and still assume 'light' has been created as first!! Because exactly this is the case in the original Hebrew text.

Its about perspective, in any case.

Besides, outside of linguistics, what other way is there to look at these accounts to consider them innaccurate?

Quote:

"God creates Adam, God had created Earth, God had created Light" and still assume 'light' has been created as first!!

You don't have to assume anything! The exact order is given in the first account. Besides that, if there is no earth, where do you put the man? And besides even that, the second account starts out by stating that the heavens and the earth have been created. It doesn't mention light because a detailed description of the account has already been entailed. At that point, its about mankind, and that is where the perspective comes from in a sense.

There are only two ways I can think of someone being confused by this:

1). They don't know of the other account of creation.

2). They're looking for ways to be confused by the text.

Quote:

By the way, about that 'plural God' thing, the site doesn't quite refute anything, this still stands in my opinion;

Like I said, e-mail tekton and see how it turns out. As for myself, I can't (at the moment) refute you. Not enough time.

Quote:

Infact angel in Hebrew is mal'ach. The Bible refers to Mal'ach Yahweh, which is the only 'angel' referred to in the earlier biblical literature. Most even assume that with Malách Yahweh is infact simply God meant. So there goes the 'angels' argument in my opinion.

If mal'ach means angel, how can it also refer to God? Because context determines meaning. So therefore, I would maybe examine the way you're looking at the text.

Last edited by Irish_Farmer; 12/04/06 04:09.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."