by jcl. 04/20/24 08:38
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (EternallyCurious, AndrewAMD, TipmyPip, Quad), 902 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea
19048 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
>SkullS< *showcase app & new demo #384158
09/29/11 21:21
09/29/11 21:21
8 Images
Balkan
Pavle Offline OP
>SkullS< *showcase app & new demo

...................... SkullS ........................
> created by Digital Dungeon Team development group<

Digital Dungeon Team is:
Pavle Nikolic / 2D&3D art, animation & programing
Ivan Gligorijevic / Music & audio effects

DDT has published the SkullS demo application v1.5 that showcases pictures, music and a small battle demo that can be played in order to feel game mechanics and gameplay.

About the SkullS...
Click to reveal..
The SkullS is a 3D cartoony, action-adventure game with fast paced gameplay. Each level is introducing a quest with dynamic battles against the various enemies, spell casting & lots of item to be used at the right time at the right place. You are playing the role of the ancient warrior hired by the monarch to defeat the skeleton hordes that have taken over the castle of the mysterious race of wizard-woman. To successfully complete your quest you will have to defeat all the enemies scattered across the various locations, use teleports in order to reach inaccessible rooms and collect artifacts that are locked inside the treasure chests. You will also need to collect manna fragments in order to cast spells and keys in order to unlock treasure chests.

Download SkullS showcase & demo via IndieDB
http://www.indiedb.com/games/skulls/downloads/skulls-v15

Download SkullS showcase & demo via ModDB
http://www.moddb.com/games/skulls/downloads/skulls-v15

Download SkullS showcase & demo via TurboSquid
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/711115
SkullS Trailer 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTyxcEUmSVM

Have fun with this demo:)
Pavle Nikolic & Ivan Gligorijevic
Last edited by Pavle; 12/12/12 22:45.
27 Comments
Re: >SkullS< [Re: Pavle] #384159
09/29/11 21:28
09/29/11 21:28
Serbia
Iglarion Offline
User
Iglarion  Offline
User

Serbia
Hi Pavle, screens looks really amazing i downloading now wink !

Re: >SkullS< [Re: Iglarion] #384160
09/29/11 22:11
09/29/11 22:11
Balkan
Pavle Offline OP
Pavle  Offline OP

Balkan
Great, I hope you'll like it & that there won't be too many bugs or gameplay/design errors to criticize:):)

I've updated the showcase with small video tutorial on how to use teleports in the demo. There are in-game help pages that can be used but, in the absence of a real tutorial level, this seemed better to me:)

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<
Re: >SkullS< [Re: Pavle] #384173
09/30/11 07:11
09/30/11 07:11

M
mercuryus
Unregistered
mercuryus
Unregistered
M

Screens look nice but 2 virus found in arcive - copy deleted.

Re: >SkullS< [Re: ] #384180
09/30/11 11:00
09/30/11 11:00
Balkan
Pavle Offline OP
Pavle  Offline OP

Balkan
There are two exe files in the archive that has been packed with Molebox. I have an older version of Molebox & that could be causing the problems with some anti-virus programs. My scans on two different computers show no infection.

I have scanned it now with AVG, Dr.Web & F-Secure and there were no infections found. It seems that this could only be a malfunction between your anti-virus program & my version of Molebox. ..if I remember it well, I think Kaspersky had some issues with Molebox.

Last edited by Pavle; 09/30/11 12:28.
Re: >SkullS< [Re: Pavle] #384205
09/30/11 18:04
09/30/11 18:04
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

Oh great laugh
The cartoon outline brings a lot !

My personnal taste :
- But i find it little bit too large when you are near an ennemy, perhaps you could try to make it smaller ?
- have some brighter indoor levels
- perhaps some indoor levels containing some outdoor portions ? like Demon soul's like levels :
- Bring colored ennemies like green fat bad zombies

[img]http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/989/989365/demons-souls-20090602100028295.jpg[/img]

What do you use for pathfinding ?
-----------------

I tested the demo two times, i stop , i'm really borred !
Sorry to be so crude, but when a games makes me upset i just say it !
In graphic area the level combined with toon shader i find it gorgeous.

Now the bad things :
- The displayed text at beginning of the mission : in 1600*1200 i can't read anything, and the font that is used really don't help in teh contrary !
- We start on standing position, i died and strangely i was in crouch (or land on floor) position ??
- when i restarted the game on crouch position, there was now camera walking movements , not in standing positions ??
- The sword attacks are really strange : if i strike and stop attacking, the sword don't come to it's initial position like we had no weapon ??
- The fisrt ennemy on second room , is too low on floor, and it attacks too mush fast , lot of attacks and you can onlu place one or two attacks and you are dead : i stopped the demo
the second time, i was borred really !
(Just watch at some oblivion videos to see the rate attack of ennemies)
- When attacked by an ennemy, we can't attack caus when we take damage, we can't try to ignore the pain and keep striking like in reality ??

Well there are the main problems i found in the gameplay,
i would prefer Oblivion gameplay, with ennemies doing some Strike, some times a little combo, but they do pauses to
regain some energy, and then you can strike.
You could put a shield also ?

Keep it up !

Last edited by ratchet; 09/30/11 18:59.
Re: >SkullS< [Re: ratchet] #384213
09/30/11 19:55
09/30/11 19:55
Balkan
Pavle Offline OP
Pavle  Offline OP

Balkan
Thanx for checking out the demo & for great feedback:)

For enemy outlining, I could try to make it smaller. Their outlining is a bit more noticeable then I originally intended. As for brightness, I made a mistake with in-game options panel. The >smooth fps< should actually be used for adjusting the gamma value.

I have indoor-outdoor combined rooms but unfortunately not in the demo level:( I'm not sure if you reached room with the teleport, he transports you to the terrace on the other side of the castle. From there you have 4 joined terraces & two small ones that are extended from indoor rooms.
http://i44.servimg.com/u/f44/11/34/97/23/shot_010.jpg
http://i44.servimg.com/u/f44/11/34/97/23/shot_710.jpg
http://i44.servimg.com/u/f44/11/34/97/23/shot_210.jpg

About the things you listed as bad, unfortunately two are really bugs, one is unusual design decisions and one is there because I didn't do a proper tutorial/intro sequence to the game:)

*Bugs
The text is a bit too small & in unusual format, I will change it in new demo version.
The crouch position after you die is a bug, it seems that player doesn't recover his original height after dying & restarting the level.

*Unusual design decision:)
I made sword to be visible only in walk mode, when player is attacking the sword is never in front of him. After 3 walk loops without attacking the sword comes back in view.

*No tutorial or intro problem
The crawling enemies can't be killed:) You can only avoid them or try to get away when they attack you.

I'm sorry that you didn't have nice experience with the demo, maybe you can give it another try when you find time? In any case thank you again for your feedback. The text , dying-bug & sword are very good points & they are going to be resolved in the next demo version:)

Edit:
If you want you can use key K during battle to go into one-hit-kills mode. I forgot to disable this key but now it can be of some use:)

Last edited by Pavle; 09/30/11 20:11.
Re: >SkullS< [Re: Pavle] #384221
09/30/11 21:15
09/30/11 21:15
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

I didn't know we had to avoid the crawling things , i thaught we had to kill it like any ennemmy ?
Nobody palying this type of game could guess that this ennemy can't die !

what you could do is when player enter the room, to put some 2D panel showing this ennemiy wwith a big yellow word : INVINCIBLE : RUN AWAY , AVOID IT laugh

I'll retry the demo. Like i said i played it as i would play any indie game without pros or cons, only objective feelings.

How was made the level on Blender or WED ?
And how do you do to keep textures with same scale on the walls ? Do you have a special method ?

Re: >SkullS< [Re: ratchet] #384225
09/30/11 22:49
09/30/11 22:49
Balkan
Pavle Offline OP
Pavle  Offline OP

Balkan
Yeah you're right, this is something that can't be expected.

There are actually 4 enemy types at this moment: crawlers, warriors, mags & ghosts. This doesn't include bosses. Using the sword player can only kill mags & warriors, mags can also be killed with spells. Ghosts can only be killed with one spell & crawlers can't be killed.

All this is planned to be explained through tutorial & with direct communication with npcs:) Unfortunately game still doesn't have any tuts or npcs, so this is really my fault.

As for rooms, room geometry is created, lighted & compiled in WED version 6.60:) This is my oldest project & everything is wmb:) Only props & characters are mdls or sprites & not even all props. The levels, as a combination of rooms, & the game itself are compiled with WED 7.50, last version that allows mixing of C-Script & Lite-C:)

I hope you will like the game better the second time around:) ..but I must admit that your feedback was still very good & useful even when you didn't like the game:)

Re: >SkullS< [Re: Pavle] #384537
10/04/11 17:16
10/04/11 17:16
Germany
Clemens Offline
Clemens  Offline

Germany
Would like to see a video.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de