by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (RealSerious3D, AndrewAMD, chsmac85, dr_panther, TedMar), 942 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 4 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 36 37
Intense Ai: Official Thread #196967
07/24/06 02:22
07/24/06 02:22
8 Images
Pittsburgh PA
RAFU Offline OP
Intense Ai: Official Thread

[image]http://www.intenseillusions.com/intesneailogo.jpg[/image]
Ok guys, The release of Intense AI and our official demo is only a week or two away. We wanted to start this thread off by showcasing our new Video tutorials that are now in production. Here is part 1 of our starter series. We will post more here in the days leading up to the release.
You can find the video here: (26 Megs DIVX)
Intense AI Starter Series Part 1

And here is just a quick snapshot from the tutorial.
[image]http://www.intenseillusions.com/tutex.jpg[/image]

Thanks, lots more to come and feedback is welcomed!
362 Comments
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: FoxHound] #196997
08/25/06 00:31
08/25/06 00:31
from the 'Burgh to Denver
CBuilder2 Offline
Developer
CBuilder2  Offline
Developer

from the 'Burgh to Denver
Quote:

I have a feeling you have never made a full software product and "estimated" the time of release. I did the same thing with Tower, I thought January 31st, came out to May 31st. That's life.

I also know from chatting with Larry that most of the delays have come from adding in new stuff to intense A.i. Which means it's more of a product now then it would have been back in December.

FoxHound,

The problem is you can ALWAYS find new features to add. My frustration with this is this was "announced" almost eleven months ago (Wed Sep 28 2005 07:09 PM). One needs to build the basics then sell like hell. Then, add more features and sell an upgrade. Then, repeat! The really frustrating part is most of the new features do not apply to my games. In the end, the trick is figuring what to leave out.... NOT what to include

CBuilder

Total_Stupidity = (Ben_Roethlisberger + Motorcycle) - Helmet
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: CBuilder2] #196998
08/25/06 00:56
08/25/06 00:56
Wisconsin USA
FoxHound Offline
Expert
FoxHound  Offline
Expert

Wisconsin USA
I guess we see who would be putting out a good product and who would be putting out a half baked product.

The first release is the most important, this is how people will judge all the rest. I do agree that Larry shouldn't say "it will be done soon" and leave a vaporware like atmosphere. Don't think I haven't given him some hell in IM about it. Yet I support him in not releaseing it, because compared to what it would have been one year ago, this could be version 1.0 vs 0.1

See my mama taught me to do it right the first time, maybe it's different for yankees and europeans, but I think Larry got the same lexure.

---------------------
There is no signature here.

QUIT LOOKING FOR ONE!
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: FoxHound] #196999
08/25/06 05:20
08/25/06 05:20
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
hello everyone,

thank you for all your kind words and support. I really appreciate your understanding over this. After all, how couldn't you? you're game developers yourselves.

However, Nitro is right on this one and i guess i do owe an apology. If we were a proffesional company, I guess we'd let the PR guy, or girl, do their normal advertising routine, getting people exciting but not really announce anything and i guess we'd be also follow a strict design schedule from beginning to end. But we're not. We're three people; only started to work under the same roof this summer and occasionally hiring people for artwork.

Intense Series started with the idea of ripping parts out of a project called "Vain" and giving it away to the community, either for a price or freeware. I released Intense Dialogues from Vain's code in 4 or 5 months time and started working on ripping the Ai code next, about 2 years ago. Vain's Ai used a finite state machine, a buggy pathfinding system and wasn't really configurable from Wed, so i guess i practically designed everything from scratch.

About one year later i made a demo as a release canditate which included FSM still, Walser's A* pathfinding which was solid but 2 dimensional and terribly slow and some basic take cover techniques. Still, you'd need to be a programmer to apply this to your project.
I got mixed reviews out of that demo so i decided to hold on from releasing anything. Of course, i had already promised several release dates by then which i guess i shouldn't. But at that time i truly belived i would have something ready by then, so i thought i would share the good news to the community.

Anyway, i'm glad i didn't. And you should be glad too since you'll be getting a much better value for your money now. Intense Ai has evolved to a complete Game creation system which just happens to use 3d GameStudio. Some of the features we're working on right now are completely beyond the bounds of Ai but i'm sure most of the people we'll be really glad to have them.

For example, you can now define through WED that every weapon will emit a different sound, depending on the material it hits. Also, i might be releasing three additional engines with the Commercial version which have nothing to do with Ai: Music Engine (2 mixers which play a certain track on request, fading out any current music playing), a cutscene camera engine and a script engine. This engines might require minimal programming for now, but i will think of doing a WED interface for them as well in the future.
That suff has nothing to do with Ai any more, but while we were making our own Intense Ai demo, we had to figure out what makes games like Doom 3, Far Cry and Fear to stand out from indie games and have that overwhelming feeling that they do. And then we realised that these games would be nothing if they didn't had a scripting engine for example. Think of Max Payne 1 and 2. The Ai was reactive of course like Intense Ai is(if you shoot a bad guy, he'll shoot back or take cover, whatever.. no scripting there..) but if you take all the scripted events from that game, you would end up with a plain level where you move around and shoot bad guys. But since they could script stuff like having the worker guy at the beginning of Max Payne 2 to lead you to where the noise was heard and turned out he was one of the burglars himself leading you to a trap, that put the game in a whole new level(and made it a success). Now, you'll be able to do stuff like that too with IAI and we're building the demo to prove it.

I honestly believe that there will be a lot of games released (first person shooters or other types) in a very short period, just by using Intense Ai, which can be as overwhelming and..intense as any AAA game out there. We may not be able to compete on the graphics level just yet, but i'm hoping that the demo we're making will show that we're almost on par on the gameplay level. So our work is almost done now, and it's up to this community to create some impressive projects with it.

So to cut this short (or i guess it's too late for that), i am sorry i didn't deliver on my deadlines but i can't really say i regret doing so. I hope you'll all feel the same way when you do get to see the final result.

And to give you a little tip before i stop this humongous post, we really...really wish to get this demo on jcl's goodies folder for the new gamestudio cd. and the deadline for that is on 15th of september or something..

Cheers everyone. Thanks for waiting,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: LarryLaffer] #197000
08/25/06 07:47
08/25/06 07:47
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Wow. Thanks Aris. That sounds like an amazing tool, even better than I thought. I am very excited about the mentioned features.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: Machinery_Frank] #197001
09/01/06 07:59
09/01/06 07:59
Just down the road from Raven
BlueBeast Offline
Serious User
BlueBeast  Offline
Serious User

Just down the road from Raven
I still can't say enough about how cool this is. I can appreciate the hard work and lack of hours in a day! Just keep going, this is a big project, and I think it will reap benefits for you down the road!

At least I think it should!

Can we get some more screenshots? We love screenshots

Jason

Gamestudio Pro 6.4
Pentium 4 3.0 GHz 800MHz BUS
AtiRadeon 9800 pro 256Mb 21" Monitor
1 Gig DDR RAM
36 Gig RAPTOR SATA+ 120 Gig SATA
SB Audigy 2 w/ 450 watt Logitech Z680 5.1

www.nordicepitaph.com
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: BlueBeast] #197002
09/17/06 05:53
09/17/06 05:53
A
AAM Offline
AAM  Offline
A

Could you at least keep us posted.

If You Treat a Persone As He Is He Will Be As He Is, But If You Treat Him As He Should Be , He Will Be As He Should Be ,And Can Be.
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: AAM] #197003
09/17/06 17:48
09/17/06 17:48
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Don't worry, he's busy alright .

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: LarryLaffer] #197004
09/18/06 00:58
09/18/06 00:58
USA
Trooper119 Offline
User
Trooper119  Offline
User

USA
*Warning, angry rant ahead, all those that are squimish, do not read

If there is anything I've learned from LarryLaffer it is that he is one of the most hardest and fastest workers I've seen around 3DGS, and everyone complaining about the time, BE QUITE ALL OF YOU, you can attack me all you want, I don't care, but you should never discourage new features. While I'm sure not many like the fact, the longer it takes, the better it is, and the better features are in this. The community is generally very slow at producing someone like LarryLaffer who is as ambitious as to improve the very engine we work on through a plug in, lets not forget George (creater of the AUM's we worship) and we all know plenty well of Matt's Sphere engine. (I personally appologize for anyone I've missed but I believe the largest, and soon to be largest contributions were made by these, but then again, I've only been around a couple years so feel free to correct me on this matter). So I personally applaude Larry and his efforts as well as everyone like him.

In conclusion, I know no one likes to wait, I'm one of them, but don't complain to those that are working there buts off to make your lives easier (not to mention a lot better)

A clever person solves a problem.
A wise person avoids it.
--Einstein

Currently Codeing: Free Lite-C
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: Trooper119] #197005
09/18/06 01:36
09/18/06 01:36
Under your couch
Silent_Assassin Offline
Developer
Silent_Assassin  Offline
Developer

Under your couch
well said trooper

Visit us at www.m-tec-development.com WIP - Urban Conflict
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: Silent_Assassin] #197006
09/18/06 13:18
09/18/06 13:18
A
AAM Offline
AAM  Offline
A

I appreciate what he`s doing i really do, but still there`s no contradiction what so ever in your point and mine.

Last edited by AAM; 09/18/06 21:53.

If You Treat a Persone As He Is He Will Be As He Is, But If You Treat Him As He Should Be , He Will Be As He Should Be ,And Can Be.
Page 4 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 36 37

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de