by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Imhotep, opm), 785 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Server? #93810
10/10/06 11:04
10/10/06 11:04
J
Jered Offline OP
Jered  Offline OP
J

hey guys I am trying to set Wamp server on my other computer. Any idea how to set it up? It self installs and I believe it is set up...friends can browse my webpage by going to my address...did the firewall stuff ans seems to be working correctly.

How do I go about turing my script from "lan" to internet? Once I have that set up how do I launch the "game server" so that others can "connect" to it over the internet? is this done by launching through php or what exatly?

I would like to have the server started on the Wamp server, and then be able to connect my client game to it next door at my friends house, by use of the internet itself...how is this done using Wamp..and how is done in script... any ideas?

and my script as well...do I have to tell it to look for my address? or is this done in the -sv area or what? Do I have to create my own session? how do you stop the lan, and make the client look over the internet for the server?

is there some kind of a tutorial on this or a link that you guys could point me to? or someones personal experience with this that can be shared? any help here at all would be welcomed..no matter how little the help is. thanks!

p.s.
I want the server to be only a serer..no hosting...well maybe a host as well, for my own sake...but mainly interested in how to get the script to connect over the internet, and how to set it up so the server is available over the internet....not lan. I have the lan one working great now...and that was my first goal...now I want to make it connect over the interent rather then the lan....using Wamp ( unless there is an offordable alternative to using my own computer as the server...if there is I would like to hear about that as well!

thanks again for you helps!

I went ahead and took the website down...go to this address: 24.116.250.235

in a web browser...that is what I have set up...how do I put the game into Wamp..or how is it launched through that server..php? I dunno much about Wamp...or servers themselves, so ANY help here would help...also let me know if you are not able to connect to the above address ..thank you

3DGS (6.4) Commercial
Re: Server? [Re: Jered] #93811
10/10/06 13:55
10/10/06 13:55
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
no, just start up your server and anyone who has the server address can connect to your pc, you just have to give the right start parameters for the client:

-cl -ip 82.81.79.78

or

-cl -ip myserver.whatever.com

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku
Re: Server? [Re: Michael_Schwarz] #93812
10/21/06 21:11
10/21/06 21:11
Aaron Offline
Aaron  Offline

Hi I have the same problem, but I can't understand how I can host my website with wamp5 I have it in the projects area and I can access it over the internet by my oby my computer in school which shows it works and anyone could have access but I can't seen to get my DNS server to work, like I made a www.mydomain.com adress and I am trying to assing it to my website but my dns say's it works and show's that it's active and I used test tools to test it and it said that it's correct, when I put that domain name in the adress bar of my browser and click enter it show that it found the site then the url switches form www.mydomain.com to some msnsearch , ect and it takes me to a serch engine and say's website not found no hits.

I been working on this since sep so it's almost 2 months, if anyone can point me in a direction where I can find some instructions that goes step by step , on how to get my wamp5 server to communicate with my DNS server.

I need the server to be able to host my website's and also I am looking for freeware mail servers so I could host e-mail accounts, and I want to be able to host a online game.

on my wamp server I could get access to my website but I have to login the server, in order to get to the website, I need to know how I could make it so that the url of my website files or file would be by itself so people can just put the ip adress or the domain name and get the website without loogin into my server.

Thanks for your time.

Re: Server? [Re: Aaron] #93813
10/21/06 22:07
10/21/06 22:07
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Remember it can take 24 hours up to a few days until domain names are fully propagated over the internet. Maybe you tried to soon and made changes to your DNS again while it was still propagating. This in turn would take more time.

Have installed WAMP many many times and my problems were almost always due to firewall or router issues. Making changes inbetween the DNS propagating was also one of those mistakes.

If you say while looking at my www.domain.com I get the msn search page it sounds very familiar, taking in mind you have entered the correct DNS details, it means the domain has not yet been fully propagated.

Dusty

smile
Re: Server? [Re: D3D] #93814
10/21/06 22:37
10/21/06 22:37
Aaron Offline
Aaron  Offline

Hi is their any steps that you can give me to know if I set up the whole thing correctly, now I can't get access to my server at all over the internet I tried on another computer to by putting the 127.0.0.1 or localhost,

for the DNS to work would I need to change info on my network connections their is a place where when you click properties on my network local connections their is a advance tab when click it has tabs where you can put the DNS server ip adress, and name and also DCTPh SERVER info,

I am using windows xp pro and I have a linksystem router ,

Does my DNS server have to have a different ip adress than the wamp server??

I really need to start from scratch again,

I really need step by step instructions since for me it's very confusing for me.

It is so far 2 month's since I have been working on my server, I only got to the part where people can access my website with the ip adress however I don't know how I got their.

I am sorry if I am somewhat a pest or annoying asking these newbie questions.

also if I use wamp as a server, could I HOST MY website and make money on my website or do I have to pay royalties or any payment to the makers of wamp?

Thanks for putting up with me lol.

Re: Server? [Re: Aaron] #93815
10/21/06 23:00
10/21/06 23:00
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
The short answer about the commercial website running on WAMP: No you don't have to pay royalties to anyone, it's free and you may run whatever server you like and put anything on the server you want. Also the author of WAMP isn't the creator of Apache,PHP,MySQL and so on. He just made the all-in-one solution for the ease of use.

The answer about fresh install the WAMP server would take a little more time. I will install this on another workstation and make screenshots of what i'm doing and use the dyndns service or something for the domain.

Only thing I don't understand is were you configured the DNS, did you configure the DNS for your domain on the workstation running the WAMP solution or in the panel wherever you registed the domain?

The reason for asking is that i've never runned my own DNS server. I register a domain at domainrebels.com and in their panel I can change the DNS to wherever my website is hosted or point to my own ip at home if needed.

Don't know how fast your internet is, but their is a limit to what your server can handle when it comes to hosting websites for other people. Say I download something from one of those websites it can bog down the whole server while other users are ftp'ing their content for instance.

Well, I go make some screenshots

Dusty

edit: Oke I have all screenshots, now only need to resize those a little if possible. Will post them in a few minutes.

smile
Re: Server? [Re: D3D] #93816
10/22/06 00:12
10/22/06 00:12
Aaron Offline
Aaron  Offline

I dind't config really anything of my dns, I have a dns server the software is called Four Ca;proe DNS server.

I don't know how to set the server up.

also wamp5 I have and I am running the server and I put my website file in the www. folder and when I put localhost I get to the server user interface where I see the project folder with my website in it I click on it and it opens my website, also on the localhost page I can get into my databases, and other cofigs areas of the server, but I can't acces my website from another computer.

I really need a step by step help becuse I been working on this stuff since sep it's almost 2 month's and I only had the server once able to be access from the internet but now I cant get to that point.

I don't really know what I need to know in order to setup my server's correctly,

I am a newbie to networking I have an understanding on what the server's do and what they request but I don't know what right information to put in the config.

I really just need someone to help me step by step since I know nothing.

thanks for your time.

Re: Server? [Re: Aaron] #93817
10/22/06 00:56
10/22/06 00:56
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Fresh WAMP install on Ghost

01: Downloaded WAMP 1.6.5

02: Shutdown firewall (only to prevent possible conflict during install)

03: Installed WAMP with just the DEFAULT SETUP values (manual server startup)

04: Start the firewall

05: Start the WAMP server via the Windows startmenu

06: Firewall may ask to make new rule for Apache and MySQL

07: Granted access for Apache and MySQL server services on firewall

08: WAMP server services running, but server is in offline mode (you see lock), this means the server can only be accessed by you trough localhost and is good for testing.

09: Test WAMP server via http://localhost

10: WAMP server running OK

11: Now register free domain at www.dyndns.com, choose a domain, in the ip address field enter your external ip.

12: Put WAMP server online with left mouse button over WAMP-icon

13: Try to view my WAMP test page via http://wampserver87.homeip.net don't work because i dind't forward anything on the router yet and thus it show me this ^^

14: Go to router configuration, we need to add forwarding for the webservice

15: Added http web service and point to workstation Ghost (running the wamp)

16: Try to test WAMP via proxy with the domain http://wampserver87.homeip.net (if it works then it works for others too)

17: OK working, now try via http://wampserver87.homeip.net

All works! Sorry that these are large and quick made pictures I can do better, but it's late Anyways (if needed) you must forward the port 3306 for your database server too. You would do this the same way as showed in the example for the webserver. Your router configuration layout is obviously different, but you can find your details in your router manual and use my example as hint how it would look like.

Furthermore, if you use the databases on the same server as you are using for the websites you do NOT have to forward the MySQL database server port because it's handled trough localhost and this is also more secure.

The only reason for forwarding the port would be if the database server is installed on another system than the webserver and or when you want people to be able to remotely connect to the databases on your database server and use your databases on their own website somewhere else in the world.

Also, this is just the default installation. There are many other options and features for Apache, PHP and MySQL which you can later change via the php.ini, my.ini and httpd.conf configuration files at the menu on the WAMP-icon.

If needed can show you how to point your domain to your ip address if you do not use dyndns.com, but use your own domain. I can do this via domainrebels and make the screenshot. But, maybe this information is enough otherwise you can ask anytime.

All the best,

Dusty

smile

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de