by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Edgar_Herrera, VoroneTZ, Akow), 973 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Zorro software issue help from the community for the community #472620
05/08/18 16:26
Fuchs Offline OP
Fuchs  Offline OP

I just realised that there is no way to ask the Zorro team for help with strange software issues, unless one has a Zorro S or ticket-license.
Hence I use this great forum and start this threat for people who have issues and are left alone with them; so that we can help each other here.

Re: Zorro software issue help from the community for the community [Re: Fuchs] #472621
Fuchs Offline OP
Fuchs  Offline OP

My server text input field is dead:

I am running a zorro since weeks and it always worked fine also in connection with the MT4 bridge to a broker and R enabled, so I definitely did install it right.

Today I did get the leverage changed by my broker, did stop all trades and restart Z12 on a demo account and since then the server input field is inactive - I can put the curser inside it but neither type nor paste anything into it.

I did everything I could, from restarting the computer, router, asking the broker's hotline, up to re-downloading zorro again and trying to install a second version of it
(but this was not allowed because one instance would already be installed).

Then I did contact the Zorro team and all they say is that it is a mistake on my behalf so that they are not willing to share any help at all.
Whilst I understand that they have to protect themselves from a bunch of digi-vegies like me, to let me sit there for a week to figure it out seems to me a bit too non-empathic.
Especially since I do consider it to be a bug - after all if something in a software suddenly stops working how can you tell me that it is my mistake ?

The only thing I can think of is to deinstall the entire Zorro with all my data and then reinstall it from scratch, but I find this an unnecessary brutal-force-solution.

So I am asking for help out here:
Is anyone out there who did have this problem and could tell me how to solve it, because as long as this is not working I am sitting on my hands.

Last edited by Fuchs; 05/08/18 16:49.
Re: Zorro software issue help from the community for the community [Re: Fuchs] #472622
05/08/18 16:37
05/08/18 16:37
Chicago
AndrewAMD Offline
Serious User
AndrewAMD  Offline
Serious User

Chicago
The server "input field" is supposed to be inactive because it's not an input field. It's an output field.

Re: Zorro software issue help from the community for the community [Re: AndrewAMD] #472623
05/08/18 16:44
05/08/18 16:44
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
Asking on the forum is free. Getting problems fixed by Support is not. Even if they want to help you, they are not permitted to, unless you purchased a ticket like anyone else.

Re: Zorro software issue help from the community for the community [Re: AndrewAMD] #472624
05/08/18 16:54
05/08/18 16:54
Fuchs Offline OP
Fuchs  Offline OP

Thanks a lot Andrew - this is great help already. Now I know that I just have to figure out then where to input the server.
And yes jcl, I understand that you can't help all users who experience a temporary anomaly, and coincidentally did tone down my comment above a bit whilst you were explaining it to me.

Re: Zorro software issue help from the community for the community [Re: Fuchs] #472625
05/08/18 17:01
05/08/18 17:01
Chicago
AndrewAMD Offline
Serious User
AndrewAMD  Offline
Serious User

Chicago
The MT4 plugin is pretty well-documented:
http://zorro-project.com/manual/en/mt4plugin.htm

Re: Zorro software issue help from the community for the community [Re: AndrewAMD] #472626
05/08/18 19:32
05/08/18 19:32
Fuchs Offline OP
Fuchs  Offline OP

Thanks Andrew.
I just read your message after having spent another 2 hours reading exactly this document and having done everything again and again.
Of course the mistake must be on my side, but I am totally puzzled how the connection worked until I stopped all trades shortly only to reconnect to the same (but in leverage changed) account.
They even did reset the password on their end and confirmed that I am logged into the demo account all day.
Right now I am considering to uninstall Zorro totally and start everything from scratch again.

You did your best and I know that there is nothing you could help me with.
I am very grateful for all the help you are given and in case someone from the Zorro-team reads this I want to tell them that I think that you should get some Zorro-S benefits for all your valuable help (which I am certain that you also give to many others). In my eyes you and jcl ("the Zorro-boss") are the top ones here.

Re: Zorro software issue help from the community for the community [Re: Fuchs] #472627
05/08/18 20:14
05/08/18 20:14
Chicago
AndrewAMD Offline
Serious User
AndrewAMD  Offline
Serious User

Chicago
You are too kind, I hardly did anything. laugh

The MT4 connection is fundamentally odd because it involves inter-process communications, using a "backdoor" in MT4.

Lots of things need to be verified:

* Did you run the EA on your MT4?
* Is there a smiley face on your MT4 chart? Does it say that Zorro is connected?
* Did you close the chart with the EA and start over?
* Do your account numbers and passwords match?
* Do you have the correct version of the EA installed? Are you **absolutely** sure you have the correct version? I mean you must delete your EA and copy it over from your **current** Zorro installation to your MT4 installation.

If you cannot figure out what's wrong after reading and re-reading and re-re-reading the documentations, perhaps you should evaluate whether paid services are worth the cost.

Moderated by  Petra