by flink. 04/14/24 07:46
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (7th_zorro, Quad, VoroneTZ, 1 invisible), 623 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin, rajesh7827
19046 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Are old times good times, better times or worse? [Re: Loremaster] #470399
01/11/18 16:38
01/11/18 16:38
Hiporope and its pain
txesmi Offline
Serious User
txesmi  Offline
Serious User

Hiporope and its pain
Originally Posted By: Loremaster
In the end of course that is true: It boils down to a question of preferences and taste. I am gathering subjective opinions and impressions here.

I perfectly undestood. That is why I spoke about mine first wink

Cheers.

Re: Are old times good times, better times or worse? [Re: txesmi] #470411
01/12/18 13:32
01/12/18 13:32
Budapest
sivan Offline
Expert
sivan  Offline
Expert

Budapest
the main difference is that in the "good old times" I had enough time to play, but had no money, so got games only from friends for free, and today I could buy games but have no time at all... grin

at that time those games were great (2D or fake 3D turn based or real tile strategy), but today you can get much better graphics and AI quality (e.g. the pathfinder of Age of Empires I. was really frustrating! Civilization and Total War games are also better and better). earlier it was easier to be unique, because there were no so many predecessors, today it is hard to create something really new and fresh. when I have game ideas, I find nearly all of them already made in a certain form. but there are old games I still love because of their great design (e.g. Knights of Honor). today I spend more time with game creation than playing, I enjoy it more.

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor
Re: Are old times good times, better times or worse? [Re: Loremaster] #483302
05/17/21 18:18
05/17/21 18:18
California, USA
BorgNot Offline
BorgNot  Offline

California, USA
I am in the Diablo fan club, not a public club but one we still play in the family since mother taught my brothers to play when it came out. She was on Ultima Online then went to DI/DII. I went to Steam to find out if there was a DII-like game for her to play with me. She lives in another US state. So, we had to have basic play skills recognition at a distant. I could not teach her or she teach me how to play. I also wanted to play home with my partner who preferred one person games like Elder Scrolls Skyrim.

I went here to if any team was working on anything that would interest them at Steam. Then, I went to Steam. I found Grim Dawn. I bought one and we tested it out at home. We bought it at GOG. Then, I bought some more for family members. We play at home. I am not that high on the xbox D3 Season Journeys but I do try to complete them. It's another way we can play with friends online, keeping it simple, old school-middle ages.

I am considering purchasing the Diablo 4 Collection since it is a family thing. It is one way family members can play online with each other at a distance to hang out.

That is the type of projects I would like to be doing and see others do. I see this is a bit aged but still a good topic.

BN

Some things are harder said than done, some not!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  checkbutton, mk_1 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de