by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, TipmyPip, Edgar_Herrera), 804 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
[Free] Fluorescent lamp model #442020
06/08/14 19:35
06/08/14 19:35
G
GameLight Offline OP
GameLight  Offline OP
G

Two fluorescent lamp in a support. It is free and can be used on any project. The website have a simple video showing the model.

http://3dgamemarket.6te.net/lamp1.php

Re: [Free] Fluorescent lamp model [Re: GameLight] #442098
06/11/14 07:50
06/11/14 07:50
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
Not trying to be an asshole... BUT:

The model is hideous, the website is even more hideous. Actually I don't know which of the two is the more hideous one.

The model in and of itself is alright, by which I mean to say it's average for a beginner, but let's not get in over our heads.

So, what can you do about it?
1. Delete the hideous texture/skin. Why is it vomit brown/green? I have never in my life seen a lamp in those colors unless you are talking about some standing lights from the 70's and 80's
2. Make a new texture/skin, this time look at pictures actualfacts, real-life fluorescent lamps.
3. Delete your website.
4. No seriously, there is no saving it.
5. Try a service that gives you ways to create a website by clicking it together. I know you want to learn how to make a website and stuff, but keep it on your hard drive for now. They are nowhere near a state where you should release them into the wild. Try something like Squarespace or something else, just don't make it yourself.

I know that might sound like I am a dick, but no good will come of trying to sugarcoat shit and put lipstick on a pig. Take it as aggressive criticism.

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku
Re: [Free] Fluorescent lamp model [Re: Michael_Schwarz] #442808
07/03/14 17:14
07/03/14 17:14
G
GameLight Offline OP
GameLight  Offline OP
G

Originally Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

The model is hideous, the website is even more hideous. Actually I don't know which of the two is the more hideous one.
[...]
3. Delete your website.
4. No seriously, there is no saving it.
5. Try a service that gives you ways to create a website by clicking it together. I know you want to learn how to make a website and stuff, but keep it on your hard drive for now. They are nowhere near a state where you should release them into the wild. Try something like Squarespace or something else, just don't make it yourself.

These aspects do not make sense. I like my website and what should be at the moment, seems technically good.

The problem is that people have become accustomed to sites that are "beautiful", within a given standard, which to me does not make much sense.

But based on preconceptions about my intentions in making a site so you ended wrongly deducting that I am not able to make a website.

In other words I prefer my site from a site full of useless decorations that features some problems and ends asking the browser released yesterday.

Last edited by GameLight; 07/03/14 17:15.
Re: [Free] Fluorescent lamp model [Re: GameLight] #442809
07/03/14 17:37
07/03/14 17:37
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Quote:
But based on preconceptions about my intentions in making a site so you ended wrongly deducting that I am not able to make a website.

Nope, not wrongly, rightfully. The website is terrible, not just from a design perspective but it's also against any best practices put out by browser vendors.

Quote:
In other words I prefer my site from a site full of useless decorations that features some problems and ends asking the browser released yesterday.

I hate to tell you that, but having a website build against Netscape 3 is not an achievement by any stretch.

Quote:
The problem is that people have become accustomed to sites that are "beautiful", within a given standard, which to me does not make much sense.

Then you are an even bigger idiot. It's simple, you want users/customers, but don't care about what they are saying. You don't want to hear what your users want and would rather not listen to their stupid demands from your throne? Don't make anything user facing.

Don't make middle ware either though, the code for the subtitle system is terrible. Like, actually really terrible and there is no way to put that in a nice way. You really hate best practices, don't you?

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: [Free] Fluorescent lamp model [Re: WretchedSid] #442810
07/03/14 17:43
07/03/14 17:43
G
GameLight Offline OP
GameLight  Offline OP
G

Originally Posted By: JustSid
Quote:

Nope, not wrongly, rightfully. The website is terrible, not just from a design perspective but it's also against any best practices put out by browser vendors.

What are such best practices?

Re: [Free] Fluorescent lamp model [Re: WretchedSid] #442811
07/03/14 17:45
07/03/14 17:45
G
GameLight Offline OP
GameLight  Offline OP
G

Don't make middle ware either though, the code for the subtitle system is terrible. Like, actually really terrible and there is no way to put that in a nice way. You really hate best practices, don't you?

What is the problem with my code?

Re: [Free] Fluorescent lamp model [Re: GameLight] #442812
07/03/14 18:06
07/03/14 18:06
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Originally Posted By: GameLight

Well, since you are so determined on having a nostalgic browsing experience, having a correct DOCTYPE for HTML4 would be a start.

But honestly, closing your tags and writing their names correctly would be a way better start. You and your website are one of the reasons why HTML parsers are so fucking ridiculously complex beasts, because while you claim you can write websites, you produce terrible HTML. Also, strings in HTML use double quotes (ie "") not single quotes (ie '').

And then this whole thing with inline styles... CSS was created to separate design from content, and merging them back together is kind of counter intuitive. Having design and content neatly separated into two documents allows you to re-use one stylesheet that the browser can efficiently cache across all your pages. But hey, I guess Netscape 3 didn't do that, so no need for that fancy stuff, right?

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: [Free] Fluorescent lamp model [Re: WretchedSid] #442815
07/03/14 18:32
07/03/14 18:32
G
GameLight Offline OP
GameLight  Offline OP
G

Originally Posted By: GameLight

But honestly, closing your tags and writing their names correctly would be a way better start. You and your website are one of the reasons why HTML parsers are so fucking ridiculously complex beasts, because while you claim you can write websites, you produce terrible HTML. Also, strings in HTML use double quotes (ie "") not single quotes (ie '').

About what strings are you talking about? What not closed tags my website have? What name is wrong?

Whatever the problem it seems to work well on recent firefox and opera.

Re: [Free] Fluorescent lamp model [Re: WretchedSid] #442817
07/03/14 20:17
07/03/14 20:17
G
GameLight Offline OP
GameLight  Offline OP
G

Quote:

Then you are an even bigger idiot. It's simple, you want users/customers, but don't care about what they are saying. You don't want to hear what your users want and would rather not listen to their stupid demands from your throne? Don't make anything user facing.

This part is fallacious and clearly stems from a prejudice about my intentions.

Unfortunately most users may want a website following these ideals, but the world still exist even if they are a minority, intelligent people, philosophers and such, they will not make decisions based on the prejudice about the look of a website.

Have you seen my website malfunctioning? I like it and it works perfectly fine for me. Uses UTF-8 and a few pages are in two languages​​, has the appropriate PHP script to hide the inappropriate ads so I can advertise it even PPC, has the appropriate forms and supports email subscriptions.

Re: [Free] Fluorescent lamp model [Re: GameLight] #442821
07/03/14 21:34
07/03/14 21:34
C
CodeMaster Offline
CodeMaster  Offline
C

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  adoado, checkbutton, mk_1, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de