by tagimbul
Yesterday at 23:26
Game Crash on Other People's PCs
by Dooley
Yesterday at 21:57
fixes for stuttering?
by Kartoffel
Yesterday at 21:55
[ALL STYLES] 2D Videogame Artist (pixel, vector, painted)
by DesixStudios
Yesterday at 16:38
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
Triton Wing
ZeaL
Computer Repair Simulator
Collider (working title)
Space Rider
Who's Online
12 registered (BlackJack, Michael_Schwarz, pegamode, firecrest, Dalla, jenGs, kandlekid, krial057, Dooley, 1 invisible), 291 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PeterChen, rgg, TCC, JonChen, Alphatecht
17688 Registered Users
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#467130 - 07/17/17 17:42 Square Root Rule & Additional Investment
DdlV Offline
Serious User

Hi all. Looking to expand my understanding... laugh

The manual contains a description of the Square Root Rule for withdrawing and/or reinvesting: http://zorro-trader.com/manual/en/kelly.htm.

Once before in the Forum the question of adding additional funds to one's account came up, and the response was to simply treat this as a negative Withdrawal (W in the manual's formulas). (Unfortunately, can't now seem to find that thread/post... frown )

The question now in my mind is whether or not that's correct. Treating new investment funds as a negative Withdrawal has the effect of immediately subjecting them to the Square Root Rule, so that the mere action of depositing new funds makes a portion unavailable for withdrawal, which doesn't make sense to me.

For example, if I'd instead opened a new account with those new funds, wouldn't they have their own life and their own Square Root Rule progression?

So, bottom line: If new funds are added, whether to the same or a different account, doesn't each investment have its own independent timeline, Square Root Rule calculations, etc.?

Thanks.

#467271 - Yesterday at 14:47 Re: Square Root Rule & Additional Investment [Re: DdlV]
DdlV Offline
Serious User

Anyone can help clarify? jcl? laugh

Thanks.

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | resources | magazine | manual | support faq | bugs | beta features

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) 3dgamestudio.net