Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Dialog box darstellung?
by tagimbul
18 minutes 53 seconds ago
2D/3D Game & Animation Artists AVAILABLE @ Indie price
by zagreusent
Today at 13:12
More than One "File_Open_Read" - Problem?
by Reconnoiter
Today at 11:51
How to keep track of Memory usage
by Reconnoiter
Today at 11:41
ShadeC EVO (Lightmap)
by 20BN
Today at 11:33
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
Triton Wing
ZeaL
Computer Repair Simulator
Collider (working title)
Space Rider
Who's Online
23 registered (3run, Ch40zzC0d3r, 3dgs_snake, 20BN, Iglarion, Ayumi, Enayn, alibaba, AndrewAMD, FXcoderCM), 427 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
defghi296516, serran0, michal_p, francismake, sqirtle
17663 Registered Users
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#466445 - 06/14/17 16:19 Re: your thougths on consumables? [Re: Reconnoiter]
jumpman Online
Serious User

Loc: ny
I like the idea of consumables, just as long as you dont have to wrangle through menus to use the item. Many games make you pause the game, navigate to the restore item, use the item, then unpause the game. This always felt wrong to me. A quick button for healing/using a potion/using an elixer for some effect, but also one that hampers your movement or action, that would be pretty cool.

In general, for 3rd person action games, Id rather not be in the menus. The Last of Us on the playstation, let you look into your backpack for your items and consumables, but the world didnt pause. Using your first aid kit played an animation while the world and its enemies were still moving around.

Consumables that do things like permanently increase your strength by 1, dont really need to be handled in combat with a quick button, so you should be safe to make the player use these items within the menus.

#466473 - 06/16/17 11:43 Re: your thougths on consumables? [Re: jumpman]
Reconnoiter Online
Serious User

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: jumpman
I like the idea of consumables, just as long as you dont have to wrangle through menus to use the item. Many games make you pause the game, navigate to the restore item, use the item, then unpause the game. This always felt wrong to me. A quick button for healing/using a potion/using an elixer for some effect, but also one that hampers your movement or action, that would be pretty cool.
, yeah agreed, that is why added a hotkeybar where you can link items etc to so you can press a key/number to use an item or activate an ability.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  checkbutton, mk_1 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | resources | magazine | manual | support faq | bugs | beta features

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) 3dgamestudio.net