by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Quad, aliswee), 835 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Winter 2017 Contest Entries Ready [Re: Ayumi] #465284
04/15/17 10:10
04/15/17 10:10
netherlands
Realspawn Offline

Expert
Realspawn  Offline

Expert

netherlands
@Reconnoiter

So it's is a video card problem ?

Pixel it can be used to create some nice sprite i created some examples
to show how easy it can be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lELwpZA-K2A&t=102s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0HQsO26ZD4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om_0NuTGnng

Last edited by Realspawn; 04/15/17 10:14.

Find all my tutorials & Workshops at : www.rp-interactive.nl

Creativity starts in the brain
Re: Winter 2017 Contest Entries Ready [Re: Realspawn] #465291
04/15/17 19:47
04/15/17 19:47
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
@Painkiller, I indeed think George uploaded the old version since the one you uploaded is a bit more stable. I still got some funny errors, e.g. when being stuck to the side of a platform I jumped and got thrown in the sky grin :

A bit annoying was that after I landed from this huge jump I got errors in the enemy script so I could not respawn (had to quit the game).
Another bug was near the elevator, where I jumped on it while it was rising and for some reason the player didn't land properly and a few seconds later I was dead (bugged gravity code?, I have some similar issues with that in my own physx game).
I also suck at platforming so I didn't finish your game. Bugs aside though, it is a good base for a minigame and what is there looks pretty good and there is also physics which is helpful for who want to use that. Gameplay wise it misses something like blocking/parry (if I overlooked a key please correct me) or some alternate attack and map could use some crates or other obstacles.

I voted for project aum and painkiller would be second (note that I could not test 4 projects).

Quote:
@Reconnoiter
So it's is a video card problem ?
, could be, to be on the safe side I would recommend people here doing the changes I showed if they want to release a game commercially on steam or whatever store.

Re: Winter 2017 Contest Entries Ready [Re: sivan] #465293
04/15/17 21:02
04/15/17 21:02
gearboxhans Offline
gearboxhans  Offline

Originally Posted By: sivan

without an environment it gets boring very soon.

Thank you for feedback.
I totally agree with that.

I originally planned to make a small open world style map with some interactable objects like buttons, doors, keys and powerups.
But due to exams I had to make this game within two weeks. no time for pathfinding/obstacle avoiding AI which would have been implied with just placing some obstacles ):

Originally Posted By: sivan

the control is strange (imo it should be relative to character orientation)

It´s a regular top down shooter control using a mouse. Moving like a car would not be very humanlike grin

Whatever, I hope the source helps someone who wants to make a top down shooter (:

Re: Winter 2017 Contest Entries Ready [Re: Reconnoiter] #465301
04/16/17 12:14
04/16/17 12:14
Spain
painkiller Offline
Serious User
painkiller  Offline
Serious User

Spain
Originally Posted By: Reconnoiter
@Painkiller, I indeed think George uploaded the old version since the one you uploaded is a bit more stable. I still got some funny errors, e.g. when being stuck to the side of a platform I jumped and got thrown in the sky grin :

A bit annoying was that after I landed from this huge jump I got errors in the enemy script so I could not respawn (had to quit the game).
Another bug was near the elevator, where I jumped on it while it was rising and for some reason the player didn't land properly and a few seconds later I was dead (bugged gravity code?, I have some similar issues with that in my own physx game).
I also suck at platforming so I didn't finish your game. Bugs aside though, it is a good base for a minigame and what is there looks pretty good and there is also physics which is helpful for who want to use that. Gameplay wise it misses something like blocking/parry (if I overlooked a key please correct me) or some alternate attack and map could use some crates or other obstacles.

I voted for project aum and painkiller would be second (note that I could not test 4 projects).

grin grin I didn't have enough time for a deep testing so probably there are more funny bugs out there grin

I use different damping settings when player is on the ground or in mid-air so maybe that's causing the issues. For falling damage I use a time counter so probably when not falling properly it thinks you are falling from a big distance grin It's a bit tricky setting all the parameters when using physics.

The main idea was making a mini-game that serves as an example of how to code an action game using physics so I hope it helps on that tongue

There are three different attacks: lmb+w (up to down attack), lmb+s (attack behind) and just lmb (normal attack, if you press if several times it will make a three hit combo) I planned adding blocking but as the character models I was using didn't have an animation for blocking I decided not to add it as I didn't have enoguh time to make the animations myself tongue

Thanks for taking your time to test it!

3D Gamestudio A8 Pro
AMD FX 8350 4.00 Ghz
16GB RAM
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB
Re: Winter 2017 Contest Entries Ready [Re: painkiller] #465302
04/16/17 13:27
04/16/17 13:27
netherlands
Realspawn Offline

Expert
Realspawn  Offline

Expert

netherlands
calling out to all almost 900 views people get the demo's test them
and give your vote laugh Let our work don't be for nothing laugh

for all contesters well done by entering at the first place laugh

Last edited by Realspawn; 04/16/17 13:30.

Find all my tutorials & Workshops at : www.rp-interactive.nl

Creativity starts in the brain
Re: Winter 2017 Contest Entries Ready [Re: Realspawn] #465304
04/16/17 13:56
04/16/17 13:56
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: painkiller
There are three different attacks: lmb+w (up to down attack), lmb+s (attack behind) and just lmb (normal attack, if you press if several times it will make a three hit combo) I planned adding blocking but as the character models I was using didn't have an animation for blocking I decided not to add it as I didn't have enoguh time to make the animations myself tongue

Thanks for taking your time to test it!
, oh that is cool, didn't know there were different attacks and a combo. And yeah for me its handy to check if I did the physx part correct in my own project. grin

Last edited by Reconnoiter; 04/16/17 21:16.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de