AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
Triton Wing
ZeaL
Computer Repair Simulator
Collider (working title)
Space Rider
Who's Online
19 registered (kiamonster, Iglarion, boatman, alibaba, jenGs, GreenBoat, kmerlo, Ger1, Dalla, 2 invisible), 520 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Angeltrader77, Diska, GBA, TomJ, afoluj
17574 Registered Users
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#464564 - 02/26/17 15:26 Re: ShadeCEVO simple grass (OVERLAY) ? ***** [Re: painkiller]
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User

Loc: Netherlands
Damn I just noticed that #define BONES seems to break the shadows of animated entities (it shows them as they were not animated). So there is choice to make; more fps and somewhat lame shadows or worse fps and 'animated' shadows. I quess that is why the fps gain was pretty high and why your fps went higher when you disabled sun shadows.
Originally Posted By: painkiller
Setting max_bones to 1 improved the performance, but still no difference setting BONES or not. The model I'm using (player and three enemies) has 9616 faces and 5776 vertices, so it should perform okay.
, have you set it like this
#define BONES //enable gpu support
in the right .fx file? Also what kind of gpu do you have? (dont know if that matters) Might also has to do with how complex your models' bones setups are.

#464568 - 02/26/17 21:13 Re: ShadeCEVO simple grass (OVERLAY) ? [Re: Reconnoiter]
painkiller Online
Serious User

Loc: Spain
Originally Posted By: Reconnoiter
Damn I just noticed that #define BONES seems to break the shadows of animated entities (it shows them as they were not animated). So there is choice to make; more fps and somewhat lame shadows or worse fps and 'animated' shadows. I quess that is why the fps gain was pretty high and why your fps went higher when you disabled sun shadows.
Setting max_bones to 1 improved the performance, but still no difference setting BONES or not. The model I'm using (player and three enemies) has 9616 faces and 5776 vertices, so it should perform okay.
, have you set it like this
#define BONES //enable gpu support
in the right .fx file? Also what kind of gpu do you have? (dont know if that matters) Might also has to do with how complex your models' bones setups are.

Yes I set #define BONES on the fx file that uses the character's material. I'm thinking about using a lower poly variant of the model for the shadows to get more performance, like you can do in engine shadows using shadow_lod, but not sure it that would be possible in shade-c.
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB

#464578 - 02/27/17 16:22 Re: ShadeCEVO simple grass (OVERLAY) ? [Re: painkiller]
txesmi Offline
User

Loc: Hiporope and its pain

Quote:

BONES
Set this flag if you want support for GPU Bones.
, omg I did not know this feature, after adding it to the .fx files I now have twice as much fps in my project... blush

Hmm In my case it didn't make a difference.

I would bet it is a license issue. GPU bones animation is A8Pro only.

Damn I just noticed that #define BONES seems to break the shadows of animated entities (it shows them as they were not animated).

The shader that records depths from the light source has to animate the models too, so adding #define BONES to it could work.

Just a guess, I never used shadec laugh
Salud!

#464585 - 02/27/17 22:54 Re: ShadeCEVO simple grass (OVERLAY) ? [Re: txesmi]
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: txesmi
The shader that records depths from the light source has to animate the models too, so adding #define BONES to it could work.

Just a guess, I never used shadec laugh
Salud!
, I LOVE YOU AND YOUR GENIUS BRAIN! grin
(for others add #define BONES to sc_lights_shadowmap.fx found in shadec/fx folder. Note that is costs you a bit of fps but its still alot better than cpu bones)

#464594 - 02/28/17 11:14 Re: ShadeCEVO simple grass (OVERLAY) ? [Re: txesmi]
painkiller Online
Serious User

Loc: Spain
Originally Posted By: txesmi

Quote:

BONES
Set this flag if you want support for GPU Bones.
, omg I did not know this feature, after adding it to the .fx files I now have twice as much fps in my project... blush

Hmm In my case it didn't make a difference.

I would bet it is a license issue. GPU bones animation is A8Pro only.

ah right then that's probably the reason
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13

Moderator:  Blink, Hummel, Superku 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | resources | magazine | manual | support faq | bugs | beta features

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) 3dgamestudio.net