by flink. 04/14/24 07:46
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (7th_zorro, Aku_Aku, 1 invisible), 579 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin
19047 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Learn how to code for complete Virgins #464351
02/07/17 07:13
02/07/17 07:13
India,South Africa
Kkaos Offline OP
Kkaos  Offline OP

India,South Africa
Ok so day one here, I need to learn how to programme in C-Lite, any recommended courses or advice on WHAT TO DO FIRST ( that doesn't cost money )
I HAVE ZERO PROGRAMMING KNOWLEDGE - ABSOLUTELY ZERO.

Thanks in advance.

58 400 hours forex experience,( +-20 years ) and counting...
...........yet we learn something new everyday.

Don't be a dick, listen to EVERYTHING!
Re: Learn how to code for complete Virgins [Re: Kkaos] #464359
02/07/17 10:31
02/07/17 10:31
F
firecrest Offline
firecrest  Offline
F

Hi Kkaos,

You can start with the Zorro Tutorial @ www.zorro-project.com. I am trying to learn from there too.

Regards

Re: Learn how to code for complete Virgins [Re: firecrest] #464363
02/07/17 11:54
02/07/17 11:54
India,South Africa
Kkaos Offline OP
Kkaos  Offline OP

India,South Africa
Hi, thanks I had a look, still to much "unkown" lingo for me to fully understand 50% of it blush

Re: Learn how to code for complete Virgins [Re: Kkaos] #464484
02/17/17 13:46
02/17/17 13:46
sodiumchloride Offline
sodiumchloride  Offline

im also still very new to all the stuff - but i read a lot of (other/mql4) tutorials/ebooks and i can HIGHLY recommend you to just do the tutorial in detail.

i mean, take your time for each workshop - reconstruct the scripts & read all related links. try the scripts, modify them slightly and whatever.

the tutorial is just great (not only for learning) but the whole way it is designed makes u learn it very fast. one could also say the autor of this tutorial cares a lot about cognitive ease.

just do it tongue

Re: Learn how to code for complete Virgins [Re: sodiumchloride] #464609
03/01/17 11:05
03/01/17 11:05
Sydney, Australia
B
boatman Offline
boatman  Offline
B

Sydney, Australia
There's no real shortcut to learning programming, but Lite-C is arguably the gentlest language you can possibly start with, so you should be able to get up and running with some basic scripts within a few days. Programming really is a journey - you can work at it for ten years without mastering it, but you can also perform a surprisingly large number of tasks quite early on in your journey.

My advice is to start simple. Try coding a Lite-C script that plots a few indicators on a chart. Then try coding the moving average cross-over strategy. Then try optimising it. Then you can start getting more complex.

Another tip that I found incredibly useful when I was starting out: regularly test your script is doing what you expect it to - when starting out, do it after you write a single line of code. Not only will this save you huge amounts of debugging time, it will give you immediate feedback on the errors you make.

In programming as in life, there is always someone who has a better way of doing things. Try coding your idea and then ask other programmers for feedback. I guarantee that seeing how the same thing can be implemented in many different ways, with varying degrees of elegance and efficiency, will provide a huge amount of insight and speed your own learning.

In terms of free tutorials that are relevant to Lite-C - check out Sam's Teach Yourself C in 24 Hours. Its pretty basic, but will give you a good introduction to C programming that fits in nicely with Lite-C.

If you ever feel you want more of a targeted, efficient leg up that will get you writing code for Zorro as quickly as possible, there is also module 1 of my introductory algorithmic trading course, which you can find via my email signature. Please don't take this as a hard sell, my intent is merely to make you aware that it exists. No hard feelings whatsoever if you're not up for forking out your hard earned cash!

Good luck with it, and enjoy the journey.

Moderated by  Petra 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de