Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Blobsculptor tools and objects download here
by NeoDumont. 03/28/24 03:01
Issue with Multi-Core WFO Training
by aliswee. 03/24/24 20:20
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by Edgar_Herrera. 03/23/24 21:41
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 03/06/24 09:27
VSCode instead of SED
by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, Nymphodora, Quad), 919 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
If this existence is a simulation are you a .... #460245
06/21/16 03:01
06/21/16 03:01

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

I began long ago to wonder and feel that this existence was a simulation. One such as in a loop to repeat. That we are each either cached variable objects, or runtime created objects. But for my spanning so much and so many lives I've wondered- am I a DLL object constant and core in all the many instances of existence? But forever external and called forth by need?

- So this little gem was written by me when I was in my "Bad Times". I kept it in a clip pad instead of posting it.

It's quite mad, but I'll ask yall - which are you? If none than what are you in this instance for existence under current execution?

-- So this came up as a odd story point for writing a short about if God's CPU injection(emulation) itself into the running code.{A paid job if I could write a creative short for a writer to develop.} What would happen if the AI-Based CPU of existence limited and emulated one of it's cores to walk on earth?

I've turned my many madness' to profit before. But at lest the idea may spark conversation.

Re: If this existence is a simulation are you a .... [Re: ] #460265
06/22/16 09:25
06/22/16 09:25
Chicago, IL
Dooley Offline
User
Dooley  Offline
User

Chicago, IL
I remember the first time I rendered a big level in GameStudio ... it took all night. That morning, I was walking through our garden, and I imagined how much power it would take to render every leaf on every tree and plant and blade of grass ... and all in real-time. God has one awesome computer.

Re: If this existence is a simulation are you a .... [Re: Dooley] #460290
06/23/16 18:27
06/23/16 18:27
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
I do sometimes dream where e.g. I found a way to create this amazing simulation game with realistic graphics and you can't tell the difference if its real or not.
And than I woke up and was like frown ahh its was just a dream.

Originally Posted By: Dooley
I remember the first time I rendered a big level in GameStudio ... it took all night. That morning, I was walking through our garden, and I imagined how much power it would take to render every leaf on every tree and plant and blade of grass ... and all in real-time. God has one awesome computer.
, yeah it does you look different to the real world. E.g. seeing the sky as a skybox or such. grin

Re: If this existence is a simulation are you a .... [Re: Reconnoiter] #460356
06/27/16 18:17
06/27/16 18:17
UK,Terra, SolarSystem, Milky W...
pararealist Offline
pararealist  Offline

Maybe what we call god is the computer.
Problem is, now who is using it?

A8.3x Commercial, AcknexWrapper and VS 2010 Express
○pararealist now.
Re: If this existence is a simulation are you a .... [Re: pararealist] #460446
07/01/16 03:29
07/01/16 03:29

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

@pararealist
Here is a fun question if you are correct in your theory . Then are you plugged into the computer or in fact a completely simulated ENTITY with-in one of it's VR simulations ?

@Reconnoiter
Quote:
I do sometimes dream where e.g. I found a way to create this amazing simulation game with realistic graphics and you can't tell the difference if its real or not.
And than I woke up and was like frown ahh its was just a dream.

Assuming my comment above. Did you dream or slip to another reality in the VR simulation spectrum. Or maybe we are all one person out the VR and then in the VR divided into a world, but sharing a common sub-idea that we created and plugged ourselves into this VR. Thus, we are all simulated ENTITY 'aspects' of a single being experiencing the whole world at one time. OH to live 7 billion lives at once!

Last edited by Malice; 07/01/16 03:39.
Re: If this existence is a simulation are you a .... [Re: ] #460451
07/01/16 12:01
07/01/16 12:01
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Malice
Thus, we are all simulated ENTITY 'aspects' of a single being experiencing the whole world at one time. OH to live 7 billion lives at once!
, Deuse Ex Helios pretty much? grin (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fr4aAu_Ryc)

Re: If this existence is a simulation are you a .... [Re: Reconnoiter] #460453
07/01/16 12:54
07/01/16 12:54
pararealist Offline
pararealist  Offline

Malice

there are probably no ports to this computer, and everything is a simulation inside the memory(no hard drives). There is probably only one simulation that we all share, and we call it life.
Still the question arises, who programmed it?

○pararealist now.
Re: If this existence is a simulation are you a .... [Re: pararealist] #460455
07/01/16 13:48
07/01/16 13:48
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: pararealist
, jcl ofcourse

Re: If this existence is a simulation are you a .... [Re: Reconnoiter] #460460
07/01/16 21:54
07/01/16 21:54

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

@Reconnoiter +1 LOL

@Pararealist
Quote:
there are probably no ports to this computer, and everything is a simulation inside the memory(no hard drives). There is probably only one simulation that we all share, and we call it life.

That question is infinitely unknowable. See in that idea - I am typing on a simulated computer, right now, with-in a 'god-like' computer's simulation. However, if this computer of mine can be a simulation and the games I make are a simulation within a simulation, then there is no real way of knowing if the 'god-like' computer is not a simulation with-in a more powerful system. There is also no way of knowing how many layers deep that simulation would go. The only thing that can be purely assumed is that the computers(simulated) each step up in power by a magnitude that can not be achievable within the simulation. So man can never build a computer more powerful than the 'god-like' computer. And a 'god-like' computer can never simulate anything more powerful than it. But it could be a simulation in a great system, the likes of which by our very simulate self-nature we men could never fathom. By that law of simulated-awareness we also can't fathom the 'god-like' computer.

This will dizzy a mind I tell you. But it was a fun little thinking adventure.

Re: If this existence is a simulation are you a .... [Re: ] #460664
07/08/16 20:42
07/08/16 20:42
pararealist Offline
pararealist  Offline

A thought:- we probably programmed it, got bored and forgot that we did and are now trapped in the simulation.

○pararealist now.

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite