by titanicpiano14. 04/11/24 14:56
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (rki, Ayumi, Quad), 490 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue
19045 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
[SOLVED]Model below block wont react to static lights anymore?!? #459623
05/29/16 01:28
05/29/16 01:28
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
Hi.
Can somebody explain why lightning on my models stops as soon as a levelblock is above them ?
This problem seams to be only with some of my weapon models, Zombies are fine.

No shaders on, sun_light = 0. Everything works fine. But when i create a block, above Players head, static lightning of some weapon models stops working, looks like UNLIT.

I dont have an idea how to solve this, and what causes this. The keyframe Position of the MDL file ?

Without sky-box-Level-blocks around ( or a single block above Players head ) all like it should be, static lights working, all is looking fine

Block above players head, gun wont react to static lights anymore?!?!??! Standing direct besides a red light

( sun_light is zero this is not the point here )

Please help. This strange thing stops my process heavyly, cause i cant visualize in-door Scenes right now.

Again, my guess is the orientation of the first frame in MDL file. But how to change?

Short words: Block above weapon model, static lights reaction is close to UNLIT flag. Without block above, alls fine. Dynamic lights working in both ways. Weapon has no shader or material applyd.
The big debug problem is, only a few weapons are affected, cant find the difference. Makes no sense.

edit: Converted to vertex animation, moved all to center, same result. Some models wont react to static lights if a levelblock is above?!? switched to a non-shader project to avoid such kind of problems frown

Greets

Last edited by rayp; 05/29/16 13:34.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;
Re: Model below block wont react to static lights anymore?!? [Re: rayp] #459627
05/29/16 09:22
05/29/16 09:22
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Howdy,

Originally Posted By: rayp
switched to a non-shader project to avoid such kind of problems frown
, which shader were you using?

Also, I see some a little bit of lightning on the gun on the right in the 2nd pic. Are you sure you have placed enough lights and of enough strength? (perhaps the weapons are to dark?) Or do you have sun ambient also on?

Last edited by Reconnoiter; 05/29/16 09:23.
Re: Model below block wont react to static lights anymore?!? [Re: Reconnoiter] #459628
05/29/16 10:00
05/29/16 10:00
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
Hi.
No shader and material used!
All is std. A model with one texture and static lights! Some models dont react to static lights below blocks. Never seen that.

Yes in pic 2 is some lightning. But its 10% of strength from outside. As soon as a block is above weapon model they only react a very small bit to lights. No matter how high i place the block above, no matter how bright/wide the light glows. Dynamiclights working well btw!

As u see in Pic2 iam Standing besides a heavy debug light. Outside ( means no block above head ) a smaller red light fades the weapon red.

Something is really going wrong here. In pic2 light is double as strength as the red light in pic1

Last edited by rayp; 05/29/16 10:13.

1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
Re: Model below block wont react to static lights anymore?!? [Re: rayp] #459629
05/29/16 10:15
05/29/16 10:15
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
This video shows how strange lightning works below level blocks. As soon as u have no block above all is looking fine again.

https://youtu.be/QGsSSEd-YLg

edit: Infront of door, weapon is faded to red light ( weak one ). Inside, gun does nothing below the ultra-bright red light.

Even if i put 10 lights below the block, gun wont react to them and stays nearly black.
What the hell ?

And again two shots
Without blocks above ( doesnt matter how high the blocks are )

One block above weaons sh* on lights ( see set much debug lights, should be red and bright like hell compared to the lights outside )

Greets

Last edited by rayp; 05/29/16 10:27.

Re: Model below block wont react to static lights anymore?!? [Re: rayp] #459630
05/29/16 10:46
05/29/16 10:46
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Okay so only with static lights, and only with certain models. Perhaps something is wrong with the static lights itself. Perhaps they are set that they dont brighten entities/mdls?

Or could this perhaps be some weird bug between the models and PRV/static lights? Like that something is a little bit off with the models that there is some error with how PRV is calculated over the models for lightning etc.? (doubt that though since I never encountered it myself)

I personally dont work much with WED / static lights anymore so I cant help you much further I think.

Last edited by Reconnoiter; 05/29/16 10:48.
Re: Model below block wont react to static lights anymore?!? [Re: Reconnoiter] #459631
05/29/16 11:29
05/29/16 11:29
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
Thanks anyway for your try really appreciate that.

Ok i stripped it down to the model files. Made a new Level. One hollowed block with one light. Weapons seam to work. Except of some. Those wont react to static lights.

But i cant find any big difference between those models. What could cause a model stop working with static lights?!?

edit: And now the real s* ... if i remove the ceiling in this test.wmb, all weapons are reacting correct to the static light ? Bug?

This drives me crazy!

Last edited by rayp; 05/29/16 11:36.

Re: Model below block wont react to static lights anymore?!? [Re: rayp] #459633
05/29/16 12:12
05/29/16 12:12
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
np, glad to help (or to try grin ),

I would suggest sending one of your stripped down levels but with still the problem to gs3d support. They are helpfull and should indentify the problem fairly soon I think. Maybe also make a thread about it in the ask the developers sub section of the forum.

I think its either a bug or maybe some weird kind of feature of WED/static lights that we are overlooking.

Oh and you might also want to check in MED if the models dont have a custom material setting or custom shader set.

Last edited by Reconnoiter; 05/29/16 12:14.
Re: Model below block wont react to static lights anymore?!? [Re: Reconnoiter] #459635
05/29/16 12:22
05/29/16 12:22
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
Guess i found the reason!

It seams the scale of the MDL "world-model" - file, no matter which orientation. Even if it is nearly the same as the other models.

Checking this out right now...scaling down MDL, changing weapon-vectors of script...Moment...
So what does that mean? I build everything to small now or what? Everytime in all those years...mhm strange...
edit: Scaling down to 0.1 is no way i know now.

Last edited by rayp; 05/29/16 12:47.

Re: Model below block wont react to static lights anymore?!? [Re: rayp] #459636
05/29/16 12:43
05/29/16 12:43
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
I remember facing same kind of a problem in the past.. It will affect all models which are close to the celling. There was something to 'force' model for 'receiving' light from the surface below. But I can't find it in the manual. If I remember correctly, Superku helped me out back then, so maybe he will be able to point out how to make entity 'take' shadows from the surface below.

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Model below block wont react to static lights anymore?!? [Re: 3run] #459638
05/29/16 12:46
05/29/16 12:46
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
To mention...i send 3run the shotgun model. He faced the same problem. So its no local script - sun - value - setting or something.

What we found out: Heavy scaling down model via scale_x fex helps, but no workaround cause then u would need to resize everything else
Quote:
'force' model for 'receiving' light from the surface below.
and cause the shotgun is bigger, its closer than other models to the ground/ceiling. Sounds possible to me.

Maybe SuperKu can help here? Hope so, i tryed now since +- saturday 17:00

Last edited by rayp; 05/29/16 12:56.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de