by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Quad, TipmyPip, degenerate_762, AndrewAMD, Nymphodora), 997 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: rayp's old school fast non-shader FPS project [Re: rayp] #474493
10/19/18 20:29
10/19/18 20:29
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
Finally after a lot of stress i can try (cause some things need a work around in shadec of course) to build a map. Want to make some floors with rooms, elevator and rooftop.

It took a while to figure out a good lightning...added flickering lights for Horror feeling...etc.
Started some hours ago, and iam very happy with the visual results in acknex.

edit:
better scalement:
-pic removed-

In the pics it looks like the whole lamp is glowing...but its only the bulp. Some turned off lights still have the glow material.

SSAO is on medium, DoF is now also activated.

edit2:
Next Thing besides map will be red glowing eyes for Zombies. A must have. Will be around 5 different Zombies for. Maybe more, lets see

edit3:
Update on the wooden parts, Alpha now working on Skins
-pics removed-

Greets

Last edited by rayp; 11/22/18 23:49.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;
Re: rayp's old school fast non-shader FPS project [Re: rayp] #474496
10/20/18 00:59
10/20/18 00:59
Bavaria
HellThunder Offline
HellThunder  Offline

Bavaria
Love it to see your ongoing development process. The environment of the atmosphere seems to be the right one for creating a real horror game! Quality is much better than most of the games I've seen on steam. Would be great to see a story driven horror FPS as result!

For the floor: I think there are too much lights. A bit darkness would improve the flair!

P.S Are the lights flickering? Instable power would be great! (=

Last edited by HellThunder; 10/20/18 01:01.

Create your own JRPG and join our community: https://www.yrpgtoolkit.com
Re: rayp's old school fast non-shader FPS project [Re: HellThunder] #474497
10/20/18 01:33
10/20/18 01:33
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
Thanks for your interest man and also for the nice feedback.

You are right with the light. But the lightning is a bit limited from shadec. If you set to low values it Clips lights off for some reason i did not understand yet. But iam on a workaround already. ShadeC brings a lot of Problems. Bulletholes on walls also gone away. And it was a hard fight to have blood splats. Really a must. I managed to have it. But it is far from perfect, at least looking ok.

Some parts a complete dark. Player must use a flashlight then.

Some lights are flickering yes, this works already. All dynamic lights are controlled via Level_power - var. This way i can Switch off the light in the whole Level, to simulate power lost.

-pics lost-

edit:
Working on the right leg. For now right leg and head can be dismembered ( in mesh and ragdoll ).

Rest will follow. Also i have to write the part that creates the dismembered body parts and let them fly away. But this is done quick i guess.

edit2:
Head and leg working for seoond Zombie too ( share same rig[structure and bonenames, not riging] ).
In this pic the ragdoll collision models are visible (the small black boxes around Zombies Body) to show the seperated parts.
-pics lost-

Explosion wip with dismemberment

Greets

Last edited by rayp; 11/22/18 23:52.

1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
Re: rayp's old school fast non-shader FPS project [Re: rayp] #474498
10/20/18 02:39
10/20/18 02:39
Bavaria
HellThunder Offline
HellThunder  Offline

Bavaria
Ok light seems pretty good within the last shoots. I already read that shadec isn't the perfect solution /=

The zombie bashing is just amazing. What about integrating a simple film grain shader and some standard very small particles as dust - like in my desert town here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LT5122KZjc

I think that would totally fit!

Create your own JRPG and join our community: https://www.yrpgtoolkit.com
Re: rayp's old school fast non-shader FPS project [Re: HellThunder] #474514
10/20/18 19:45
10/20/18 19:45
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
This dust think is really cool !

I will take a closer look into next time.

Playing around with some Christmas models and visual stuff. Goal is the Christmas theme.
-pics lost-
Of course the tree wont be placed in the floors later, just for testing on this place.

edit:
Working on apartments of the building. Only inner walls are visible etc.

edit2:
Bulletholes are back and better bloodsplats. Transparent things with shadec are not easy to do at all. I used a old workaround for ent_decal.

Soon its time for some new gore / gameplay Video ! The small Video cant show how sick Zombie killing is wink
Heres a small Video of dismemberment of head and leg and new blood. But bodyparts not flying yet. Framerate of video isnt good.

https://youtu.be/xd5x8TtJOJg

Good Night.

Last edited by rayp; 11/22/18 23:55.

Re: rayp's old school fast non-shader FPS project [Re: rayp] #474529
10/21/18 22:55
10/21/18 22:55
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
Finished the dismemberment System in mesh and ragdoll. I can tell...hard Scripting it was grin
Player can dismember: head, forearms, upperarms, legs. It was not easy to seperate ragdoll struct depending on mesh deformations. For example if Player shoots upperarm forearm and Hand must be removed too.

Now working on details. Like flying bodyparts on limb pos etc.

Explosions and floor Impacts can randomly dismember bodyparts too now.
-pics lost-

When bodypart is lost, blood sprays out of the limb Position, like already seen in the Video from the post above.

Intresting thing i want to mention: the possibility of taking apart bodyparts also increases Performance cause ragdoll will need less time for calculations grin
In every state parts can shot away. Means while Zombie is moving, in ragdoll mode or even with removed ragdoll in "remove-mode" (normaly when player is far away or ragdoll lifetime expired).

Still project runs smooth with +60fps most the time.

Greets

Last edited by rayp; 11/22/18 23:57.

Re: rayp's old school fast non-shader FPS project [Re: rayp] #474586
10/23/18 22:15
10/23/18 22:15
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
Hi.

Invested into new gun meshes even if i liked the ingram and shotgun i used before.
But i wanted to have some special with good normalmaps (taken from highpoly model) etc.
Besides the db-shotgun there will be stuff like chainsaws, rocketlaunchers and some other nice stuff. I planed that Player can mod/upgrade some of the weapons.

First new is the double shotgun in doom2 style. Like the old shotgun it can be loaded after each shot to reload more fast in Zombie battle. Still playing around with light settings for new guns. Position seams ok so far.

Ragdoll is done for now.

Now working on behaviour of Zombies like Standing around, attacking etc. Worked on some Details of the pathfinding. Zombies can walk and run now. This way a lot more action came into gameplay.

Next ill make some more Zombies. The workflow allows me adding of Animations, even to the existing models which is very usefull if you dont know what animations to add from Startup.

A lot to do...

edit:
Worked on the texture. Now the shotgun has a rusty look. And made the texture a bit brighter. The golden parts more dark. Pos on screen modified a bit.

edit:
Shotgun scripting done. Player can fire two times or two bullets at once. In the early dev Videos you can see that the bullets / impacts spread. One shot are 5 bullets/Impacts. Both bullets fired are 10. To make it feel even more mighty a hit (no matter where) can also take of random limbs (plus normal dismemberment function) like explosions or floor impacts.
Found some whiles with wait(1)'s in my old source i used from start of project (helpers like bullet, muzzle, blood, scrblood). Rewrote those parts on the fly. Complete script runs with 2 while loops now ( Player and gun ). I only used while Loops there cause with Event_frame it seamed impossible to have gun/muzzle at correct Player pos (if he moved fast)...like u can see in Doom VFR on PS4VR played with AIM controller...a visual Horror the gun movement/pos.
Maybe it was caused by some other problem back then, but for me the two "small" whiles are ok so far.

Seams that shadeC renders particles through other models, like ZNEAR set. This is sad and i dont know a workaround for it.
For now i can only hide it as good as possible, but i cant prevent it yet. frown
edit2: Just found the reason for this. It was cause the gun had ZNEAR set, i used it before i included shadec.
If ZNEAR is used particles and stuff are rendered like ZNEAR.
One prob gone, another comes, now trying to prevent gun from
clipping through Close walls...but i have an idea for that already.
edit3: And done. Nice. Made the weapon very small (via script) and corrected pos vectors. Now gun looks like before but wont go through close walls. Particles working, no ZNEAR used at all.
edit4: Now i have to correct the on screen weapon movement script. Player moving a bit over-motivated now (cause of the smaller gun) grin ...what a chainreaction here grin

edit:
Working on another weapon...chainsaw!
-pics lost (see new in Posts above)-

Its already Smoking wink
edit: 90% done...its very funny to use the chainsaw on Zombies i have to say grin

edit:
First new HUD Version made. Still WIP of course.
Please note that it looks a bit bright / colorfull. In the screenshot the alpha-value was on 100 for testing. With less alpha it looks a lot darker.

Chainsaw
When selected a panel animation is shown. Player must press right mouse button to "pull on" the saw engine. After refilling (reloading) the same of course. If chainsaw runs empty, engine stops.

Greets

Last edited by rayp; 11/23/18 00:00.

Re: rayp's old school fast non-shader FPS project [Re: rayp] #474648
10/27/18 01:19
10/27/18 01:19
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
New short video ( framerate of video not so good...but ok ) of the progress from the last days (or better said nights). Guns, limbs and gore. First version of new hud with correct alpha value. Sometimes bodyparts flying away now. i used a random for the limbs.

Idle animation of shotgun not activated in video.
Chainsaw needs "ammo" in idle too if engine is started.

https://youtu.be/yo97IO-0eVE

Hope u like it so far. All wip.
-pics lost-

Saw not moving yet.

Last edited by rayp; 11/23/18 00:00.

Re: rayp's old school fast non-shader FPS project [Re: rayp] #474658
10/28/18 03:57
10/28/18 03:57
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
Eyes now glowing red. When zombies die eyes stop glowing ( of course this makes sense... wink ).

Started Detail work on textures (Color, texture, contrast) and level (adding Details, building the "Level") / light adjustment (warmer)

-pics lost-
New wallpaper, lights and eating Zombies. Also improved the flickering lights visuals a lot.
-pics lost-

Worked on some spawners and npc movement (new stuff like eating). Some doors fill a room with WED predefined Zombies. When player opens door it looks like Zombies were already there. This way some areas are full of Zombies on demand.

Last edited by rayp; 11/23/18 00:03.

Re: rayp's old school fast non-shader FPS project [Re: rayp] #474659
10/28/18 07:31
10/28/18 07:31
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
awesome progress man! keep it up! as an idea - it would be great to have blood on weapons too laugh

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de