by 7th_zorro. 04/20/24 10:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, VoroneTZ, Quad, 1 invisible), 837 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea
19048 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Looking for 3D Artist (Profit Sharing or Paid) #456504
11/25/15 17:01
11/25/15 17:01
Chicago, IL
Dooley Offline OP
User
Dooley  Offline OP
User

Chicago, IL
I'm working on a space exploration game. I'm making great progress, and it's working the way I want it to, but I've found that jumping back and forth between 3D design and programming is too much for my little brain to handle.

I'm planning to rework all the models, but I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who would be interested in contributing to this game.

Here's the models I have which would need to be upgraded:
Spaceship Interior
Landing Craft
Bipedal Alien Parts (Heads/Bodies)
Monster Alien Parts (Head/Eyes/Mouth/Body/Legs/Tail)
Alien Trees
Alien Plants
Terrain Tiles
Rocks
Cave Tiles
Cave Features (Stalactites/Stalagmites/Columns)

I have all these things made already, and they currently work in the game. The plan is that I would send you the existing models, then you would enhance them, and provide better textures, and possibly bump/normal/specular maps.

I would provide a working copy of the game for you to see in advance, and we can discuss all the details offline before any agreement is made. Also, I would provide a written copy of the agreement we come to, before beginning any work, just so there is no confusion.

As for payment, I'm willing to discuss different models. Preferably, I would want to share (potential) profits and not have to pay anything upfront. I know as an artist that these things don't always work out, so I'm willing to discuss paying something per model. however, I'd love to find someone who's excited about the idea, and willing to help make it successful, rather than simply looking for a job.

In any case, as a 3D artist, it will give you a chance to build your portfolio. Also, you would have a lot of creative control of what things in the game look like.

I would want to see examples of your work before discussing the details of the game. If you have an online portfolio, please include a link.

Re: Looking for 3D Artist (Profit Sharing or Paid) [Re: Dooley] #456506
11/25/15 22:28
11/25/15 22:28

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

Hi,
As I very well know this pond has very few of the "artist fish" in it. I used the Facebook search for 'game artist' and got many hit's on the group section. The only one I opened was "2D/3D Game Artist" public-group with 12k members. I figure this might be a better pond to fish in. After, form this community, you would only need a person/people to do make ready(Convert and check assets are ready for use in the engine).
If I can figure how to get a link I'll edit it in.

If you do find good fishing in another pond, please let us know.

Mal

Last edited by Malice; 11/25/15 22:29.

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de