Hello!

I'm using ent_decal for the first time, but I've been running into some trouble. I managed to fix it, but I figured I'd post the solution here so that this information is out somewhere. Given Acknex incredibly large userbase these days, surely new people run into this problem every minute.

I'm attaching the decal to an entity - which works fine so far, but then I shift the entity's texture (simply by changing the .v value). The decal entity shifts in the same fashion, but clamps the texture (which I believe is the reason behind the manual saying that the border should be transparent). In my use case, that was undesirable.

I can fix this behaviour by applying a simple material, such as the one below. In your case, you might have to use a more complex material - but it appears that decals usually "clamp" their texture (which makes sense for complicated structures, but didn't in my cae), which, if undesirable for you, must be disabled in such a material.

All right, thats it! If you're a user reading this five years from now, I hope this helped! Also, how's version 8.47, presumably released the day before?

Code:
MATERIAL* mtl_fumedecal =
{
	//Enforce "wrapping" instead of clamping.
	effect = "technique { pass { AddressU[0] = WRAP;AddressV[0] = WRAP;} }";
	event = mtl_model_init;
}

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!