by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, TipmyPip, Edgar_Herrera), 804 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27
Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: Mark430SR] #453720
08/09/15 22:49
08/09/15 22:49
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace
I will get back to you in a while ..

Compulsive compiler
Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: Wjbender] #453741
08/10/15 15:55
08/10/15 15:55
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace
sadly the plugin is not in a very good state now , i am facing too much issues ,for which I do not have a proper solution to yet , I would recommend that you try something else .

Compulsive compiler
Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: Wjbender] #454892
09/27/15 16:21
09/27/15 16:21
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace
i am busy with the builder-tool , again , still work to be done but it is going good .

i do not want to release anything yet , there is more to be done .

Compulsive compiler
Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: Wjbender] #455351
10/17/15 10:44
10/17/15 10:44
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace

getting closer and closer , it is already functional but not finished.

Compulsive compiler
Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: Wjbender] #456402
11/21/15 12:54
11/21/15 12:54
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace
hi , this is a small test version ,which features the current progress of the navigational mesh builder tool.

the current features are:

file support for importing static geometry:

types - fbx,dae,obj,3ds,mdl,hmp,wmb

of which obj and 3ds are not to be used yet.
possible changes ,will be to keep only obj/fbx/dae/3ds support

file support for exporting the navmesh:
types - fbx,dae,obj,dat, .*

of which fbx/dae/obj exports the static geometry of the navmesh such that , it can be viewed faster ,by external modeling software .

dat and .* privide support for the navmesh data files, to be loaded in the game/application.

build settings:
types - txt,.*

txt and .* file types , both provide support to save and load the build settings to external files , written to file as readable text .

support for advanced build settings:

currently the build settings are not configured to be agent based ,so there is added complexity at the moment for tweaking values as needed.

i still have to add an agent only based setting ,such that you only need to give agent radius and a few other settings ,because most of the advanced values for build settings can depend on agent values.

if you would like to test it , as a rough guide you can set cell size as, cell size=agent radius/2 , and cell height=cell size/2.

the inspector:

the inspector provides support ,for viewing the build navmesh ,in a defined area such that rendering performance can be increased by viewing smaller areas in larger worlds.

the inspector is tied to ,the draw-timer and tile-draw-distance.

---------------------------------------------------------------

provided in the extracted folder ,are these files:

cube.mdl - do not delete.

blueguard.mdl - a model to use for an agent test model , you can see the radius of the model against the border distance of walls , by clicking on the world models to place the agent test model,after loading the agent model .

large_build_settings.txt/normal_build_settings - pre-saved build settings example files , you can load these settings before pressing the build button.

LICENSE.txt - read this file for specifics on the licences of other software used by this tool.

navmesh plugin.dll - this is the plugin dll under developement for gamestudio a8 , it is used by the tool aswell as the game/application which need navigational mesh functionality.

test.3ds,test.dae,test.fbx,test.hmp,test.mdl,test.obj,test.wmb - these are test models to load in to the tool , for testing the file support and the navigational mesh build process, currently 3ds/obj are not to be used.

a simple example of a build process is as follows

open navedit.exe.
press ok.
click FILE on the menu.
select LOAD GEOMETRY.
select FBX file type.
open test.fbx.
select OKAY.

by holding the right mouse button on the editor screen(the black window area), and move the mouse ,you can change the view tilt/pan , and by using the W,S,A,D keys you can move the camera.

select FILE on the menu.
select OPEN BUILD SETTINGS and open normal_build_settings.txt.
press the BUILD button ,the navigational mesh should build and render the navmesh in the editor window.

thanks to anyone who happens to test it.

Compulsive compiler
Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: Wjbender] #456403
11/21/15 13:38
11/21/15 13:38
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace
currently known bugs :

the agent model should be excluded from the navigation mesh geometry , will be fixed later when a list is added to the editor.

the internal input geometry list , is not cleared when a rebuild is triggered , the list clear function will be added later (not a bug , purposely left out)

fbx/dae sizes and other settings still need to be set , currently the agent hit position is ignored because of this , remedy : use mdl or wmb file to test the agent model.

slope angle or slope related settings/code are wrong ,it was correct but I changed something and did not notice it at the time , problem is easily seen on terrain , I will fix it later.

you may need to copy directx files from your gamestudio folder in to the tool folder , I have not included them in the redistributed rar.

Compulsive compiler
Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: Wjbender] #456410
11/21/15 20:16
11/21/15 20:16
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace
so i went and fixed some things.
Originally Posted By: Wjbender
currently known bugs :

the agent model should be excluded from the navigation mesh geometry , will be fixed later when a list is added to the editor.

the internal input geometry list , is not cleared when a rebuild is triggered , the list clear function will be added later (not a bug , purposely left out)

fbx/dae sizes and other settings still need to be set , currently the agent hit position is ignored because of this , remedy : use mdl or wmb file to test the agent model.

slope angle or slope related settings/code are wrong ,it was correct but I changed something and did not notice it at the time , problem is easily seen on terrain , I will fix it later.

you may need to copy directx files from your gamestudio folder in to the tool folder , I have not included them in the redistributed rar.
(think i copied the correct one)

bugs i know of:

still an issue with some things when called across a different thread, i am not sure ,but will figure it out .

Compulsive compiler
Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: Wjbender] #456546
11/27/15 21:40
11/27/15 21:40
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace
Originally Posted By: Wjbender

bugs i know of:

still an issue with some things when called across a different thread, i am not sure ,but will figure it out .

i have not experienced any crashes since my last update for a few days.

i believe this will be the last small update to this little test/demonstration version ,until i made enough progress.

also valid for 7 days
NAVEDIT.rar

Compulsive compiler
Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: Wjbender] #456564
11/28/15 21:16
11/28/15 21:16
Budapest
sivan Offline
Expert
sivan  Offline
Expert

Budapest
hey, my antivirus denies access for the download site...

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor
Re: navmesh/pathfinding plugin [Re: sivan] #457168
01/01/16 16:18
01/01/16 16:18
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace
i have been thinking , would someone be interested in taking over the project , i would provide the folder structure i used for the project includes etc ,and any other info needed plus the project files for the plugin and the tool ,and he may do whatever he wants with it.

Compulsive compiler
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de