Hi

Just thought I would post issues I have encountered while using the PhysX3 DLL(v0.93) for 3DGS released by 3dgs_snake
(see topic: AckphysX3 development thread )

I hope this helps others from wasting a lot of time finding these issues as I have done.

Before continuing I would like to say that the DLL is very stable and works well and 3dgs_snake should be thanked for the time he has spent developing it.
Also note that "the plugin is free for non commercial use".

The main reason I moved to this PhysX DLL was because the one that comes with 3DGS does not set Inertia correctly:
(see topic: How to Set exact values of Moments of Inertia (Ixx,Iyy,Izz) ? ).

Here are we go:
1) pX3_setmaxangularvelocity(ent,maxAngVel): maxAngVel must be specified in radians not degrees.

2) pX3_setmass(Entity, newmass): function always returns zero BUT header file (ackphysX3.h) say that it returns Entity's mass(or zero otherwise);

3) Friction values do not appear to be set correctly set for entities attached to PhysX3 Joints
(see topic: PhysX3 (v0.93): Error/Bug with Joints and Friction ).

4) I do not think that angular velocities are calculated correctly: (as a simple test, if you apply a 1 unit moment about the x-axis of an entity with Ixx=1, Iyy=1, Izz=1, you do not get the correct angular velocity or acceleration.

If any of this is incorrect please let me know and i will update this post.

Last edited by Taskmaster065; 07/12/15 08:11.