by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (VoroneTZ, Quad, AndrewAMD), 936 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Create a game from scratch youtube tutorial series ENGLISH [Re: Reconnoiter] #449921
04/02/15 16:00
04/02/15 16:00

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

@DLively - Keep Up the effort. Consider advice and ignore unhelpful criticism. Reach out to the people here in pm's if you want someone to correct any possible errors. (Malice >> NOT IT).

@ALL-OTHERS I'm sure he would read a video-script if you wrote one and pm'd it to him. OR maybe post your videos on the channel.

Re: Create a game from scratch youtube tutorial series ENGLISH [Re: ] #449922
04/02/15 16:55
04/02/15 16:55
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Oh and forget to add; good job on the already done videos.

Re: Create a game from scratch youtube tutorial series ENGLISH [Re: Reconnoiter] #449923
04/02/15 17:10
04/02/15 17:10
Canadian, Eh
DLively Offline OP
Serious User
DLively  Offline OP
Serious User

Canadian, Eh
@Reconnoiter: Im using WED as a base so people can understand things slowly instead of pushing them right into it. Im not there yet, but i will cover creating a level purly through script. I dont use blocks. EDIT: Except that one tutorial because I was to lazy to create and save a cube as MDL -- and it wasnt relevant to the tutorial -- and I told the viewers NEVER to use blocks too.)

Also the Volume Sounds great on my end.. But thanks for the info. I'll turn it up laugh

Thanks guys laugh
I Also appreciate the crits. Ill take em and leave em wink

EDIT: Thanks Sivan! I'll consider doing that in the future when I am looking for a project laugh

@Malice: LoL grin

Last edited by DLively; 04/02/15 17:20.

A8 Pro 8.45.4
YouTube: Create Games For Free
Free Resources: www.CGForFree.com
Re: Create a game from scratch youtube tutorial series ENGLISH [Re: DLively] #449924
04/02/15 17:32
04/02/15 17:32
USA
sitrep Offline
sitrep  Offline

USA
Hey DLively,

nice tutorial so far! cool

It seems that few videos exist for A8...not sure why...when this is cool engine

Can you cover enemy AI? cool And levels loading and saving?

And creating models in Med ?

Do you take PayPal donations ? :-)

Re: Create a game from scratch youtube tutorial series ENGLISH [Re: sitrep] #449927
04/02/15 20:21
04/02/15 20:21
Canadian, Eh
DLively Offline OP
Serious User
DLively  Offline OP
Serious User

Canadian, Eh
@sitrep: Thanks! I agree. there just aren't enough videos. So I shall fill the quota.
Yes, I will be implementing all your requested features as time goes on laugh I'll likely get to level loading and modeling in MED soon, but AI is a bit further away on my list right now since I'm working on the basics still laugh

I work steady for about 3-4 days straight a week, and then spend time with my two children for most of the rest.

Yes I do accept and appreciate paypal donations of any amount greater than 0 grin

Thanks for taking an interest sitrep!

Last edited by DLively; 04/04/15 00:28.

A8 Pro 8.45.4
Re: Create a game from scratch youtube tutorial series ENGLISH [Re: DLively] #449932
04/03/15 09:03
04/03/15 09:03
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Quote:
I dont use blocks. EDIT: Except that one tutorial because I was to lazy to create and save a cube as MDL -- and it wasnt relevant to the tutorial -- and I told the viewers NEVER to use blocks too.)
, oh my bad, I thought since you used wed you would use blocks too.
In that case I can only recommend you to use an other editor since it would give no real disadvantages than laugh.

cheers

Re: Create a game from scratch youtube tutorial series ENGLISH [Re: DLively] #449934
04/03/15 09:26
04/03/15 09:26
Budapest
sivan Offline
Expert
sivan  Offline
Expert

Budapest
I have some further thoughts:

I have watched a lot of UE4 video tutorials recently, I found it practical to spend shorter time with typing, if you have a pre-made project, you can copy-paste lines, then you have more time to explain what it does, and users can stop the video to type it. Moreover, you can save and publish the project after each video, to help lazy users laugh

If you plan to make a little outdoor game, level design is easy with MapBuilder (within or out of the editor code), lighting and shadows are automatically set for each engine edition, but action assignment to entities is currently not supported. I planned to make a player editor, but it would be a large task (I wanted to integrate the navmesh pathfinder of WJBender to easily create enemy AI). And I have never really needed it for my RTS game...

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor
Re: Create a game from scratch youtube tutorial series ENGLISH [Re: sivan] #449936
04/03/15 12:07
04/03/15 12:07
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
sry for going a bit offtopic here DLively;

Quote:
but action assignment to entities is currently not supported
, easy but not perfect solution; use a skill for giving entities an ID number / action number that people can use in their script to give the enitity a new function. It's not the nicest solution but it does give the advantage of having parameters for entity 'actions'. And having an ID skill is always helpfull so the skill does not go to waste laugh.

example:

Code:
#define ID	skill20

function action_player()
{
}

action entity_initaction() //entities placed in editor get this action
{
  //set new action
  if (my.ID == 1) action_player();

//remove old one
  return;
}

Re: Create a game from scratch youtube tutorial series ENGLISH [Re: Reconnoiter] #449939
04/03/15 13:19
04/03/15 13:19
Canadian, Eh
DLively Offline OP
Serious User
DLively  Offline OP
Serious User

Canadian, Eh
I'll eventually touch on the more complex issues of game development such as editors and the like.
If you recall to when you knew nothing of this program -- anything but what the program 'did' in front of you was confusing until the basics were understood.. then WED became unnecessary...

I'm not worried about things being perfect. wink People who do this tutorial from scratch only spend 5+ hours learning and then have enough to start making a whole fps - If they study it a few times they should have no problem understanding what I'm doing. I usually try to explain what i'm doing as I do it, even as I type. If people need to stop the video and type while I'm typing so be it. I dont mind following tutorials like that and im a fussy guy. grin

I don't plan on providing the source code until the tutorial is complete. people who donate 5.00 or more during or after the tutorial will receive the full version of the tutorial complete in its entirety, sent to the email I receive the donation from laugh

As much as I'd like to just give away ALL my knowledge and resources for free, I can't.
This is, in a sense a simplified version of my worked up versions, and customs that I no longer use because I've improved upon them, and dont want them to just collect dust - So I might as well do something productive with them laugh (The player movement and camera are pretty updated, they just lack a few extra things I didnt add in)

Last edited by DLively; 04/03/15 13:52.

A8 Pro 8.45.4
Re: Create a game from scratch youtube tutorial series ENGLISH [Re: DLively] #449943
04/03/15 14:23
04/03/15 14:23
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
@DLively, true. Though the only reason I mentioned using something else than WED was so you get more people interested in your work (so to help you, I personally have no gain in this).
WED nowadays is not the most inviting tool to newcomers. I know it would scare me off grin.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  HeelX, Tobias_Runde 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de