by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (AndrewAMD, monk12, TipmyPip, Quad, aliswee), 1,029 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: fps coop Reconnaissance [Re: Superku] #446389
10/13/14 18:46
10/13/14 18:46
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline OP
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline OP
Serious User

Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Superku

I've played the recon gamemode and tried to secure the second place downhill (with the structure and the "rock tower" some meters left to it).
, thanks will be fixed.

Quote:
Btw. the bullets do not hit in the place where the (center of the) crosshair is pointing at. Take the tutorial for example and fire some projectiles on a wall. You will see that the bullet holes/ hit markers are placed some quants to the right on the lower side of the crosshair (because the projectiles probably need to be oriented differently depending on the distance to the crosshair center).
, I improved it now, but it is probably something that will never be perfect cause even in games like Unreal 1 you can see that the projectile is not in the exact same spot as the cursor when e.g. being close to a wall and fire. Its a minor thing I think though, I personally did not notice it until you mentioned it.
What could be though that on a very big resolution it is more visible, have to check that.

Anyway thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated.

Re: fps coop Reconnaissance [Re: Reconnoiter] #447578
12/20/14 17:27
12/20/14 17:27
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline OP
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline OP
Serious User

Netherlands
Update v0.2

Version info v0.2 changelog:
- added a new big map (for longer games).
- added hit indicator numbers with information over enemy state.
- armor-, health- and speed bonusses give twice the boost (e.g. now a single health boost increases hp regen by 2%). Collect those items! laugh
- new enemy that loves jumping (you will see :D) & added 2 new waves for Survival
- new sniper-like Pulse weapon with as secundary fire a stun shot (good for escaping or for multiplayer).
- overhauled Laser weapon.
- player weapon projectiles move much faster now ( ~x2).
- enemies strafing changed, letting them faster flank you but giving you more time to fire at them.
- enemy strafing ability now also dependent on difficulty level.
- changed altered fire of Flare weapon a bit.
- improved graphics a bit of many things like enemies, terrain and weapons.
- Rebalanced waves in Recon mode: large wave (starts after 6 min instead 4 min, less chance to spawn ranged enemy, 1 enemy less and only triggers when there are few enemies on the map) and after reconning a point 1 less enemy spawned lateron.
- changed tutorial a bit.
- ranged spitter enemy deals less damage (from 6 to 5) but is more mobile when attacking.
- camera angle less limited.
- hands rotation more smooth.
- mouse cursor now shows the direction of projectiles better.

Also I added a list of the available weaponry, could come in handy although the new hit indicator numbers also give alot of information.

Energy
Primary fire: shoots an energy/ammo efficient ball dealing okay damage at decent range.
Secundary fire: shoots two energy balls at less than twice the energy cost but not accurate at long range.

Flare
Primary fire: shoots a long range area of effect missile, dealing its damage 2x on a direct hit (1x area + 1x impact).
Secundary fire: launches a stronger missile that travels futher but costs more and is fired at an weird angle.

Laser
Primary fire: rapid-fire and decent attack, less efficient than Energy.
Secundary fire: greater hit-box to be used against flying and/or fast moving enemies.

Flamer
Primary fire: high damage and piercing at very short range.
Secundary fire: even high damage but also high energy costs.

Fusion
Primary fire: fires horizontal disks that pierce enemies with a decent fire-rate.
Secundary fire: fires vertical disks that pierce enemies with a decent fire-rate (handy against flying enemies).

Pulse
Primary fire: shoots a powerfull fast moving projectile at long range. High energy cost.
Secundary fire: 100% chance to stun but less damage.

Last edited by Reconnoiter; 12/20/14 17:53.
Re: fps coop Reconnaissance [Re: Reconnoiter] #447622
12/22/14 11:33
12/22/14 11:33
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline OP
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline OP
Serious User

Netherlands
I don't really know if people are interested in this but if you do, let me know what you think of the idea to add the possibility for players to add bots in singleplayer. The support for more than 1 player is already there (cause of the up 8 player multiplayer), I only need to add AI itself for bots.

They would act the same as real players; difficulty would be increased for each bot, they would pickup weapons, gain item bonuses for each killed enemy, enemies would also target them. Ofcourse they won't be as smart as real players in multiplayer, but I can still let them follow you, use thrusters, jumping and perhaps even let them recon. It would be funny in singleplayer to see 8 robots rain bullets on groups of enemies grin. Combined with the setting to increase the amount of enemy spawns, you would get a real battlefield.

Would you think bots for sp will be fun?

Re: fps coop Reconnaissance [Re: Reconnoiter] #451034
04/27/15 15:50
04/27/15 15:50
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Originally Posted By: Reconnoiter
I don't really know if people are interested in this but if you do, let me know what you think of the idea to add the possibility for players to add bots in singleplayer. The support for more than 1 player is already there (cause of the up 8 player multiplayer), I only need to add AI itself for bots.

They would act the same as real players; difficulty would be increased for each bot, they would pickup weapons, gain item bonuses for each killed enemy, enemies would also target them. Ofcourse they won't be as smart as real players in multiplayer, but I can still let them follow you, use thrusters, jumping and perhaps even let them recon. It would be funny in singleplayer to see 8 robots rain bullets on groups of enemies grin. Combined with the setting to increase the amount of enemy spawns, you would get a real battlefield.

Would you think bots for sp will be fun?
Even if no one will get interested, you actually should give it a try! Because of experience that you'll gain from working on it! It worth a try. I'll be happy to test it out when you'll have playable demo with AI!

Greets

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: fps coop Reconnaissance [Re: 3run] #451069
04/28/15 09:51
04/28/15 09:51
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline OP
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline OP
Serious User

Netherlands
Hi 3run,

Yes it would love it if you could test it. I have a published folder of the newest version still lying somewhere, so if you want to try it I can upload it.

But please consider the following when giving feedback; in the future I can only update the bot AI and maybe add some other extras cause there's 2 technical problems for me to work on this:
- I still used blocks in this game so I can't use it with my own made map editor, only WED, but for me that's like 10% efficiency in making maps compared to my own editor grin .
- There's some duplicate code in the scripts which makes it a bit of a mess for changing stuff (like all ai behaviour). The size of the project doesn't help here either.

If you still want to test it I will upload it wink .

Last edited by Reconnoiter; 04/28/15 09:54.
Re: fps coop Reconnaissance [Re: Reconnoiter] #451072
04/28/15 10:23
04/28/15 10:23
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
If you still want to test it I will upload it wink .
Sure! Upload! About duplicated code and so on, it's ok unless I'll be able to see the code grin And about maps (and visuals in general) I don't really care how placeholders looks like, the most important this is, how it works out all together! laugh

Greets

Re: fps coop Reconnaissance [Re: 3run] #451351
05/03/15 19:27
05/03/15 19:27
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline OP
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline OP
Serious User

Netherlands
uploaded the new version with bots

Quote:
About duplicated code and so on, it's ok unless I'll be able to see the code
, I meant with that that I won't be able to change major things in the code

Quote:
And about maps (and visuals in general) I don't really care how placeholders looks like,
, technically it aren't placeholders, just ugly (fairly old) selfmade models eek . The problem here is that I cannot replace everything cause some of it are blocks (and I don't really use WED anymore).

Re: fps coop Reconnaissance [Re: Reconnoiter] #451352
05/03/15 19:36
05/03/15 19:36
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
(and I don't really use WED anymore).
I think that's a huge waste (well yeah, it depends on your project), since there is no really good alternative to work with blocks (and I do really love them!). I always use WED and for some basic levels (oldschool games grin ), it's almost perfect, but yeah it's could be more convenient to work with grin

uploaded the new version with bots

I'll give it a try laugh

Edit: I can't download it.. tried different browsers (web-page is not available).

Best regards!

Last edited by 3run; 05/03/15 19:41.

Re: fps coop Reconnaissance [Re: 3run] #451353
05/03/15 21:24
05/03/15 21:24
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline OP
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline OP
Serious User

Netherlands
Quote:
Edit: I can't download it.. tried different browsers (web-page is not available).
, I can open it in Firefox and I see it has been download a few times, so it has been uploaded. It probably has to do with that Gamefront isn't very very browser friendly, so if you can try another browser if that's not possible if will provide a second mirror wink .

Quote:
I think that's a huge waste (well yeah, it depends on your project), since there is no really good alternative to work with blocks (and I do really love them!). I always use WED and for some basic levels (oldschool games grin ), it's almost perfect, but yeah it's could be more convenient to work with grin
, WED is really outdated tongue . Even when starting with GS3d I was already spoiler with Warcraft 3's world editor, so I never get used to WED even after quite some while trying. In a perfect world I would prefer to being able to place blocks in my own editor, but I don't think that is possible. But I think the only thing I miss is the lightning offered by blocks. And perhaps BSP/portals now that I have pro too but region_set seems to be able to do the same realtime laugh (seems like a really handy feature).

Last edited by Reconnoiter; 05/03/15 21:24.
Re: fps coop Reconnaissance [Re: Reconnoiter] #451494
05/08/15 09:44
05/08/15 09:44
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline OP
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline OP
Serious User

Netherlands
@3run, and did you manage to download it? I can upload a second download mirror if needed.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de