by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Edgar_Herrera, VoroneTZ, Akow), 968 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: NeoDumont] #448347
01/30/15 21:55
01/30/15 21:55
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

Hi Folks !

I changed some windows flip routines to prevent this taskbar problem, but was not fully successful. I don't know were this problem comes from, because it does not appear in interpreter mode of XPROFAN, nor on my old developement PC, but it does on a 3GHZ dual core 512mb video RAM machine, all win XP.
Anyway, please drag the windows taskbar down while working with PCXanim or set the taskbar properties to "automatically go to the background". When starting an application the taskbar goes to the background then. This fixes the problem.

I released the patched version with two new featers (PCXanim 0.91):

Imp bmpseq: Allows to load single bmps one after the other until the filmstrip is filled. Resizes bmps to the size set in PCXanim. Usefull
for importing from bmp sequences created from other programs.

Imp Imglist: Imports from so called "Imagelists"(x/y format). Open an Imgagelist file and enter how many rows and columns you see. The x/y sorted images of the imagelist will now be loaded and assembled to the filmstrip animation format used by PCXanim or Gamestudio.
Some programs create or use imagelists. An imagelist is a bmp which contains some images sorted as a row, column or grid. There is an explosion creator somewere on the net the Imp_Imglist feature is useful for.

The new version can be downloaded from here:

http://juergen-hunke.square7.ch/PCXanim_0.91.zip

Best wishes !

Neodumont

Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: NeoDumont] #452000
05/29/15 21:58
05/29/15 21:58
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

Folks !

I dont know why nobody posted here, that the last beta version of PCXANIM is not able to import from imagelists, as I announced, i would have appreceated a feedback. Anyway, PCXANIM 1.0 is now available with the following bugfixes and new features:

All buffer files are now saved to the WORK directory and not spread on your hardrive anymore.

Save texture .bmp sequence has a file/directory requester now.

Import from imagelists now implemented. Examples included.

Border seamless in RecurFX has better spreading now to avoid corners not fully seamless.

"About" info added.

Some display bugs fixed.

All beeps removed.

Delay loops removed.

Rotation bug fixed.

"Laser" FX improved a little.

"Swing" swings more soft now

"Alive" now works correctly (did not work before, just created black pixels).

"Electric" changed.

"Ring 2" added. Creates plotted rings, also multicolor rings.

"Ring 3" added. Creates rings from bmp animations. Good for fire rings or explosions.

Safer memory map handling to prevent crashes and save bmp animation bug.

All in all, as being version 1.0, PCXANIM works very stable now.

NeoDumont

You can download the new version from:

http://juergen-hunke.square7.ch/PCXANIM1.0.zip

Last edited by NeoDumont; 05/29/15 22:00.
Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: NeoDumont] #452003
05/30/15 07:16
05/30/15 07:16
Canadian, Eh
DLively Offline
Serious User
DLively  Offline
Serious User

Canadian, Eh
Hey thanks for your hard work!
you should put this in the wiki laugh

A8 Pro 8.45.4
YouTube: Create Games For Free
Free Resources: www.CGForFree.com
Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: DLively] #452036
06/01/15 07:51
06/01/15 07:51
Budapest
sivan Offline
Expert
sivan  Offline
Expert

Budapest
yeah, just need to register at wiki, then you can edit the tools section laugh

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor
Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: sivan] #452060
06/01/15 14:06
06/01/15 14:06

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

@Neo after downloading Webroot is deleting the zip package as a problem. It doesn't like prospeed.dll""

Is the Download site modifying your distro ?

Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: ] #452844
06/27/15 22:56
06/27/15 22:56
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

Ok, sorry for the long delay of my answer.

I will upload PCXanim to the GST Wiki after a new update I am planning to make it still more stable, bug free and powerfull.

@malice:

The prospeed.dll is from the gifted programmer Frank Abbing. It is pure assembler code and very sophisticated. I use it for a long time now and never had any problems with it while working with it on my development PC.

However , if my memory treats me well, there was another Virus checking program, which did not like the prospeed.dll, as I saw on the net some years ago.

I am deeply convinced that this dll does not do any dammage to your computer, but 'webroot' wants to delete the prospeed dll, just as many other virus checkers did before, recognizing software as Viruses, Trojans or Malware, although there aren't any at all.

Regards !

NeoDumont

Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: NeoDumont] #454658
09/13/15 14:42
09/13/15 14:42
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

OK,

I`ve compiled a package of sample animations, created with PCXanim. They are available for download from my webspace at

http://juergen-hunke.square7.ch/Samples.zip

The zip file contains 48 bmp filmstrips, mostly borderseamless, just 2 or 3 are not fully borderseamless. Please note, that the 20 frame animations must be loaded in PCXANIM with frame No. set to 20. All animatioans are 256x256 pixels of size, however still worth to be seen ore used, I think.

Greetings

Neodumont

Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: NeoDumont] #456417
11/21/15 21:29
11/21/15 21:29
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

Hello again, folks !

Here is another animated texture/sprite compilation, containing 45 new bmp filmstrips. Most of them have been created with the new implemented paintbox (beta) of PCXANIM.

I programmed the paintbox especially to replace the "electric" FX, which was just a dummy for a good lightning FX. For best lighning FX I leave it up to you now to draw your lighnting yourself with the paintbox. There are two demo lightning animations included in the package.

The paintbox has some options for using simple plotting, drawing for animations as well as using a bmp brush or animated brush( an animated GS sprite). So fire or steam sprites can be created easily. There are 3 fire sprites included (horiizontal seamless).

The PCXANIM 1.2 "Paintbox edition" will be released, well, I hope in 2 or 3 weeks.

Best regards !

NeoDumont
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download sample package 2 here:

http://juergen-hunke.square7.ch/Samples2.zip

Last edited by NeoDumont; 11/22/15 00:17. Reason: Grammer
Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: NeoDumont] #457149
12/30/15 15:32
12/30/15 15:32
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

Sorry folks, the release of the "Paintbox edition" of PCXANIM still takes some time because of heavy testing the new functions (alphatransparent animated paint brushes) and some other new FX.

So please be patient again...

Neodumont

Re: Texture/Sprite animation tool. Someone interested in ? [Re: NeoDumont] #458725
03/26/16 20:24
03/26/16 20:24
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

OK, Folks, took some time to finish the Paintbox version 1.5 of PCXanim, sorry for that.
However you will see that the new paintbox functions are really worth the wait. I don't want to boast here, but I was surprised myself when I saw the results of the cyclic brush animations FX like "Greenfrog" or "Red flow" together with some simple filters of my old Ulead paintprogramm.
PCXANIm 1.5 still is freeware and free for personal or commercial use.
No installation process is required, just keep it in one folder.
Please understand that I started programming "PCXanim recreated" as a personal simple quick shot, so the User Interface may not match todays highly polished surfaces. But it works and does that what it sould do, therefore it was ok for me.

Many thanks go to Roland G. Huelsmann and his helpful spirits. Frank Abbing for his prospeed.dll, without this dll PCXanim would have never become what it is today.

So what is new:

NEW (Update from 1.0 to 1.5. March 2016):

Load animation and overlay animation are now able to check the size and number of frames of an animation bmp when loading.
No need to enter frames or size manually. File name must contain frame numbers as Name+X/Name+XX (e.g. Water+20.bmp).

Quick-Buttons for 10/20 Frame animation added. Create 10 or 20 256x256 new,blank(!) frames instantly. No need to use the Input box. Animations in memory will be ereased.

Cancel buttons for all bmp file loading now work properly.

S/E Seamless now works: S/E Seamles tries to blend the animtion held in memory with an offset to itself. Enter start frame and transparence factor with options button. S/E Seamless sometimes may be helpful to eleminate abrupt start and end flicker from an animation. Well, still not perfect.

Sharpen: Sharpens the animation. When repeated creates some cell FX. Has hardly any impact on black and white animationswith high contrast.

Open: Some kind of open door/gate FX. Splits the frame and scrolls to left and right.

Backwards: Reassembles the animation to be played backwards, side orientation kept (unlike flip).

Rot 90 Degrees: Rotates the whole animation to 90 degrees (no tweening).

Roll: Rolls the animation one frame to the left. May be useful to create fire sprites running asynchron in a 3D world.

PingPong: Creates a PingPong animation. A ten frame animation will be changed to an 18 frame pingpong animation.

Black Frame: Draws a black (RGB 0,0,0) Frame around each frame. To remove unwanted border pixels.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paintbox:

Paintbox lets you draw an animation. Originally I had in mind to just create a small paint section to let you paint
a Lighning FX. Paintbox however grew and now can create very sophisticated animations, especially when using the cyclic brush. Have a look at the greenfrog or drain animation in the samples3 folder. Paintbox uses alpha-transparence for the brushes avoiding black borders. Click on the color palette to change color for DRAW and LINE.

Use break to leave the paintbox.
Use right mouse button to save your painting and advance to next frame.
(Not in CYCLING ANIMATION)

Paintbox Options:

First you are asked to enter a pixel size (x = y) for the Draw circle diameter and all other brushes used in Paintbox.
Size can be changed after leaving the paintbox via break. You can go back then to the paintbox and continue.

Clear for next frame: When advancing to the next frame for painting it will be cleared first in RGB(0,0,0)

Overlay: The animation frame in memory will be loaded when advancing to the next frame. You will paint upon that frame.

Overlay 2: The animation frame from memory will be placed above the the painting when advancing to the next frame.
Not sure what this is good for.

Blueprinting: Works only with DRAW,LINE,SINGLE BRUSH and ANIMATED BRUSH. Frame size must not exceed 256 pixels horiz. (X-size). However 256x512 can be used. The main purpose for blueprinting here is to paint or place a bmp on a structure without pasting it into the blueprint. For example a ring animation can be used to place twinkeling stars on it, resulting in a Star-Ring FX. You can also us it to create some Lightning FX, those kind of snake like moving ones as seen in many ScFi movies. Blueprinting does not work with CYCLEANIMATION.

Paint Delay factor: Determinse a delay in milliseconds for brush use.
Brush transparence factor: 0-200. 0 most strongest brush.

DRAW: Lets you draw on each frame with a simple mono coloured circle. RMB advances to the nest frame.

LINE: Draws a line from the first mouseclick position to the next and so on. RMB advances to the next frame.

SINGLE BMP: Uses a single bmp as a brush. Load a brush in the options box. If you select an bmp animation the first frame of the filmstrip will be taken for the brush. Uses Alphatransparence.RMB advances to the next frame.

ANIMATION: Load an animation bmp. You are now using an animated brush. After placing one brush frame with a mouseclick the next will use the following frame of the brush filmstrip, cycling through the animation brush while painting on a frame. RMB advances to the next frame.

CYCLE ANIMATION: Load an animation bmp to use it as a brush. After clicking in a frame xy position the first frame of the brush animation bmp will be placed there in frame 1, the next in frame 2 of the main animation, and so on. So the whole main animation is cycled through automatically, and you are at the first frame again. Now move up your mousepointer a bit and click again.
The brush animation will cycle through the main animation once more, placing its frame brush in each frame, but with the significant difference that the animbrush started with its frame no.2, put in frame 1 of the main animation. Now move up the mouse a bit again and click. Frame 3 of the animbrush is used to start with and so on.
This way some kind of Flow FX can be created.
There is a folder included in the package with rotated brushes ready to be used for Cycle Animations, feel free to play around with the anim brushes,they are mainly for 20 frame animations.
Flip bmp: Flips the animated brush horizontally. Can be helpful.
Shift and scale: The CYCLE animation is shifted up and scaled up during cycling process. Use carefully.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Animated brushes must match the main animation size and number (!).
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The options requester usually enables and disables the options related to the Paintbox modes.

Thats all, Sorry for the long post.

You can download PCXanim 1.5 "Paintbox Edition" from here:

http://juergen-hunke.square7.ch/PCXANIM1.5.zip

Neodumont

Last edited by NeoDumont; 03/26/16 20:27.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de