by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (VoroneTZ, monk12, Quad), 829 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
The future #445368
09/06/14 05:01
09/06/14 05:01
M
Mythran Offline OP
Mythran  Offline OP
M

Is 3d Gamestudio really planning a future? I'm just really posting thisbecause i'm sad about this!
You have UDK and UNITY and this engine could have been better... Istead it let the users do all the work... This is not looking at a future... this is letting something that was once upon a time awsome letting it die slowly, wich is a painfull dead :\ This engine don't deserve it! Operators! PLEASE! Do something about it...

Best regard,
Mythran

Re: The future [Re: Mythran] #445478
09/10/14 23:08
09/10/14 23:08
Bavaria, Germany
Kartoffel Offline
Expert
Kartoffel  Offline
Expert

Bavaria, Germany
the 'the future' subforum is dead (kinda ironic), you'll have to ask in the ask-the-devs subforum to get a reply to that.

But don't expect a clear statement, jcl is not going to promise you anything and will most likely just evade the question by giving you an inaccurate answer.

anyway, good luck there, we're all hoping for some good news wink (it doesn't look very promising, though)

Last edited by Kartoffel; 09/10/14 23:13.

POTATO-MAN saves the day! - Random
Re: The future [Re: Kartoffel] #445637
09/18/14 12:56
09/18/14 12:56
Budapest
sivan Offline
Expert
sivan  Offline
Expert

Budapest
The future is killed by this guy:

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor
Re: The future [Re: Mythran] #445648
09/18/14 21:40
09/18/14 21:40
catsup Offline
catsup  Offline

Hey you Guys,

I been a GameStudio user since A5 and seen many changes to the engine and the community.

For the last year or two I have been working with Unity for 3D and lately with Game Maker Studio Pro for 2D games.

I'm not going to say GameStudio is a bad engine, because it's not. When you get involved with a project you have to choose which engine/toolkit is working best for you and not just this or that shiny feature nobody else currently has.

Though, I have to admit that I would never recommend A8 engine for anything serious. And that involves investor money.

But, if you need to quickly prototype your idea or like to play with certain features or create small projects and for general learning it is a great tool.

I have been watching the forums many times to see what's up and this year only 1 update. Think it is bad. I don't get what JCL is doing with Zorro. First I thought it was a joke or some kind of pyramid scheme. But it actually seems serious and that makes it even more weird.

The last time we had to wait for engine updates and better import/level tools, it was because Conitec was creating some kind of game for someone they didn't even knew or something.

That was the day I bought Unity3D engine instead of A8 Pro update. I really want to support GameStudio. I will always be a fan too. But, I will not be waiting for Conitec.

And now this Zorro. I mean. WTH JCL? This was even weirder for me than the time I saw the letters "ATARI" in the engine window. I wouldnt name my sailboat the Titanic either. Unless I expect it to sink.

So, not bashing GameStudio. It still is a great product. And respect to the developers who actually created a real game with this engine. You will not be forgotten.

Re: The future [Re: catsup] #445850
09/27/14 11:01
09/27/14 11:01
catsup Offline
catsup  Offline

A9 should have no longer a mediocre commercial version but everything the professional version offers with a reasonable price. Or a commercial edition with extensions. Most important for Conitec would be to focus on the future and the devices we use today like smartphones, ipads, mac, linux touchscreens.

I would not purchase A8 pro with what other engines offer today. But from the lack of response on the forum and the activity on Zorro. I believe the GS community is left on its own.

The engine is stil great. And you can play with it. Even create games and simulations or prototypes without to much touble. But community seems quiet.

Re: The future [Re: catsup] #445869
09/28/14 04:49
09/28/14 04:49
UK,Terra, SolarSystem, Milky W...
pararealist Offline
pararealist  Offline

UK,Terra, SolarSystem, Milky W...
The way things stand, all those who bought A8 have been robbed of their updates and money. It has gotten beyond a joke now.
Not even any news on what is going on?
This is why i suggested to make the Beta forum read only to those outside the beta, so one can at least have an inkling of what is going on.
It is this complete lack of communication that has caused most people to look elsewhere, and it is really a BIG disgrace.
I really do not know if there is going to be an A9, and if there is, WHO is going to buy it?
In reality, all A8 owners should get A9 free, yes you heard me, free, but i fear even that would not be enough to convince users to stay with conitec, unless A9 is something that blows everything else out of the water, which again is something that won't happen, when one looks at the last 3 years of updates.
So it looks like Gamestudio is DEAD, but it has not realised it yet and is still ghosting around on the plane where life exists.
So if you find a copy of Gamestudio on your PC and you know you removed it, well that is the ghost of Gamestudio, it has not realised it has passed on, and is desperately clinging on.

A8.3x Commercial, AcknexWrapper and VS 2010 Express
○pararealist now.
Re: The future [Re: pararealist] #445873
09/28/14 07:34
09/28/14 07:34
Bavaria, Germany
Kartoffel Offline
Expert
Kartoffel  Offline
Expert

Bavaria, Germany
Somebody (hello mods) move this thread to the 'ask the devs' section already... these guys (including me) can complain as much as they want, the devs won't see it.

POTATO-MAN saves the day! - Random
Re: The future [Re: Kartoffel] #445879
09/28/14 13:47
09/28/14 13:47
Budapest
sivan Offline
Expert
sivan  Offline
Expert

Budapest
the sad thing is the new WED seemed to be a good decision to sigh new life into the engine, but it was announced 3 years ago, and since May 2013 no news about it (still stays on 75%). missing its release could lead to the current bad state... but you have there MapBuilder Editor too! grin but the missing updates and bug-fixes is a pain and means a high risk to start a new project (I have been brave enough to do it).

imo the pro edition is still a capable engine, and the commercial is fine for smaller scale games, but definitely very overpriced with the current editor set, in spite of its flexibility.

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor
Re: The future [Re: sivan] #445890
09/28/14 21:43
09/28/14 21:43
USA
RealSerious3D Offline
RealSerious3D  Offline

USA
"This is why i suggested to make the Beta forum read only to those outside the beta, so one can at least have an inkling of what is going on."

In it's current state, making the Beta forum read only would provide NO NEW information. The only two posts in the last SIX MONTHS there are entitled:

- Next Beta Release Date?
- Beta Status?

You have to go back to November of 2013 to find the last beta release (v8.45).

Re: The future [Re: RealSerious3D] #445896
09/29/14 03:27
09/29/14 03:27
Canada
Stansmedia Offline
Serious User
Stansmedia  Offline
Serious User

Canada
JCL has been doing this for how long? When did 3dgamestudio release its first version? Mid 1990's? So... 20 years. I think the guy is just fed up with the same old. C-script is the best part about game studio hands down. I honestly don't think the engine will get the graphics/features it deserves until conitec decides to sell off the engine (if it ever came down to that). Or if somebody takes the SDK and heavily modifies the engine, kinda like what valve did with the quake engine for half life.

Decessus - 80% done. 100% abandoned.
GET MY ANDROID GAME! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lasertrain.zspinballfree&hl=en
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  aztec, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de