by jcl. 04/20/24 08:38
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (EternallyCurious, AndrewAMD, TipmyPip, Quad), 889 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea
19048 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 33 34
Re: The answer to life, the universe and unity3d [Re: PadMalcom] #428876
09/05/13 02:37
09/05/13 02:37
Canada
WretchedSid Offline OP
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline OP
Expert

Canada
Anyone interested in an horrible looking editor sneak peak? Well, here ya go lads:

(Note: This is very very much subject to change (duh), but it's actually something we can show off (changed API isn't really that interesting)

If you look closely, you will be able to see some funny artifacts that happen when the engine tries to render glyphs with subpixel baseline offsets on a retina display.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: The answer to life, the universe and unity3d [Re: WretchedSid] #429889
09/19/13 21:54
09/19/13 21:54
T
the_clown Offline
User
the_clown  Offline
User
T

Not quite sure how I could not see this thread right when it came up first, looks like I'm too late for the initial rampage of cheers and halleluja, so I'll just cut to it right away - huge tip to the hat for pulling this off to the two of you (and to the third whoever as soon as he's found and returned), this looks just like what the engine market is currently missing: A rather lightweight, yet powerful solution for indie and hobby devs with all options to go down to the bare metal and mess with dirty stuff.
Based on OpenGL, crossplatform, multithreaded, modular, tile-based forward rendering, etc, etc, pay what you want and freaking Oculus Rift support at release, if nothing all too ugly happens before the first release I'll definitively throw some alibi amount of money at you, then play around with it just to start throwing more money at you.

Joking aside, this look extremely promising, I have deep respect for you guys pulling something like this off, and am looking forward to a release.

Oh and the homepage design is beautiful, nice and clean just how it's supposed to be. Whoever writes your texts (I'd wildy guess and say Sid does that, but I might be wrong), lovely style. Kinda sharp in a refreshing way.

And I would have loved to see a dragon fighting game.

EDIT: forgot to mention it's kinda inspirational to see stuff like this when one just started to fuzz around with opengl and all that.
Jeez that post got way longer than intended.

Last edited by the_clown; 09/19/13 22:06.
Re: The answer to life, the universe and unity3d [Re: the_clown] #429965
09/20/13 22:09
09/20/13 22:09
Canada
WretchedSid Offline OP
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline OP
Expert

Canada
Originally Posted By: the_clown
Not quite sure how I could not see this thread right when it came up first

No worries, we are only mildly offended laugh

Originally Posted By: the_clown
Oh and the homepage design is beautiful, nice and clean just how it's supposed to be. Whoever writes your texts (I'd wildy guess and say Sid does that, but I might be wrong), lovely style. Kinda sharp in a refreshing way.

Thanks! But I'm afraid I can't take the credit for that, we made the website together, including the texts.

Buuut... Speaking of the website, I would like to announce the big social update!
We listened to your feedback, and what we got away from it is that you are all nuts and like this social stuff. So we decided to leave our basement (just kidding, no one of us lives in a basement. We can't afford such luxury), and become social beings for once. Rayne now has a Facebook page like all the cool kids. And a subreddit without content, because we are not only cool, but also raging hipsters!

Also, some of you said that they would like us to send them non-spammy emails from time to time to tell them what we are up to, so that's also possible now: Head over the the rayne website and subscribe to our newsletter.

Oh, and we weren't lazy either. In the past few days we've been busy working on Downpour and a few engine internals. Rayne objects now feature KVO and KVC, which allows the Editor to just poll for the exported variables of objects and display their content. Check this out:

(Please also note our quality UI design)

Re: The answer to life, the universe and unity3d [Re: WretchedSid] #430332
09/26/13 22:27
09/26/13 22:27
Lübeck
Slin Offline
Expert
Slin  Offline
Expert

Lübeck
Lights:

More lights:

Re: The answer to life, the universe and unity3d [Re: Slin] #430333
09/26/13 22:37
09/26/13 22:37
Canada
WretchedSid Offline OP
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline OP
Expert

Canada
What Slin was trying to say here: WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!

Edit: We may have to tweak the performance a bit though

Edit 2: By the way, anyone interested in a technical write up of our multithreading architecture and how the stuff works under the hood? Obviously it would be Rayne centric, but also include useful stuff for multithreading in games/engines in general*

* Except of games made with Gamestudio because it's as thread safe as a boat made of sugar is water proof.

Last edited by JustSid; 09/26/13 23:16.

Re: The answer to life, the universe and unity3d [Re: WretchedSid] #430336
09/26/13 23:55
09/26/13 23:55
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
I'd read it!

Looking good! And the screenshots!

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: The answer to life, the universe and unity3d [Re: JibbSmart] #430414
09/27/13 19:21
09/27/13 19:21
Wellington
Nems Offline

Nems  Offline

Wellington
Love your style JustSid, the way you write is entertaining and intelligent and the self deprecation goes a long way with my way of thinking...

And Kudos for all your doing here with Rayne...

Re: The answer to life, the universe and unity3d [Re: JibbSmart] #430416
09/27/13 20:10
09/27/13 20:10
Canada
WretchedSid Offline OP
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline OP
Expert

Canada
Originally Posted By: JibbSmart
I'd read it!

Well, I know what I'm going to do on my flight to Canada then! (Unless the plane crashes, in which case I'm going to cry like a baby).
Oh, and Nils is going to write about Quaternions (I officially announced it, so he can't say no anymore)

Originally Posted By: Nems
Love your style JustSid, the way you write is entertaining and intelligent and the self deprecation goes a long way with my way of thinking...

Mom, get off the internet!

Originally Posted By: Nems
And Kudos for all your doing here with Rayne...

Thanks laugh
But I seriously can't claim this for myself, Rayne wouldn't be possible without Slin and SchokoKeks, and a bunch of other people that indirectly contributed to it (shout out to Superku, who by the way, made one commit to the project :p)

Re: The answer to life, the universe and unity3d [Re: WretchedSid] #430422
09/27/13 21:51
09/27/13 21:51
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
Quote:
shout out to Superku, who by the way, made one commit to the project tongue

Haha thanks! I didn't know what I was thinking back then, how should I co-develop or at least contribute to an engine when I barely manage to develop a game/ Superku (which is still priority #1, esp. when it comes to my free time spent on programming).
However, as I've said before feel free to see and use me as a mathematic advisor. =)

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: The answer to life, the universe and unity3d [Re: Superku] #430528
09/28/13 00:22
09/28/13 00:22
Wellington
Nems Offline

Nems  Offline

Wellington
Yeah, I did mean all you guys...But still, looking back at a number of threads, Whats with all the swearing, you'll scare all the fishies away...
..and well, Unity is a B***h to use if your not familiar with it, so...will Rayne work on Components too or would it have the versatility that GStudio provides?

Page 3 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 33 34

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de