by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,103 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Looking for 3D modeler and animator #426205
07/17/13 19:42
07/17/13 19:42
Don't have a one...
D
DonaldThief Offline OP
DonaldThief  Offline OP
D

Don't have a one...
Hello, everyone

I need a 3D artist for designing my main character for my computer game

Notice that: this is UNPAID as my game is FREE OF CHARGE

If you are interested ,send me a private message

Thank you for reading

Last edited by DonaldThief; 07/23/13 14:46.
Re: Looking for 3D modeler and animator [Re: DonaldThief] #426417
07/22/13 22:04
07/22/13 22:04
Don't have a one...
D
DonaldThief Offline OP
DonaldThief  Offline OP
D

Don't have a one...
Come on ,guys.....
I just want to design my main character and only my main character

Re: Looking for 3D modeler and animator [Re: DonaldThief] #426418
07/22/13 22:25
07/22/13 22:25

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

Have to solicited on site that are for 3d artist? Not many here.

Re: Looking for 3D modeler and animator [Re: ] #426419
07/23/13 00:41
07/23/13 00:41
Don't have a one...
D
DonaldThief Offline OP
DonaldThief  Offline OP
D

Don't have a one...
Where should I search then?

Re: Looking for 3D modeler and animator [Re: DonaldThief] #426420
07/23/13 01:20
07/23/13 01:20
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
There are a few problems with your request:
- There are, as pointed out by Malice, only a few artists visiting this board.
- You are pretty new to this forum, other people don't know you and esp. your projects/ skill.
- You don't tell anything about your game (or show previous work).
- You don't say if it's a paid or unpaid position, and thus people don't know why they should spend their free time on creating a model for you.

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: Looking for 3D modeler and animator [Re: Superku] #426421
07/23/13 01:47
07/23/13 01:47
Don't have a one...
D
DonaldThief Offline OP
DonaldThief  Offline OP
D

Don't have a one...
Alright. I understood you.

Re: Looking for 3D modeler and animator [Re: DonaldThief] #426427
07/23/13 02:33
07/23/13 02:33
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
Btw. you really don't need a well designed model to work on your game, download a free model (and maybe modify it a little) or use basic prototype models. Then, when you have advanced with your game and care for graphics, you can try to get an artist again with more information and screenshots about/ of your project.

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: Looking for 3D modeler and animator [Re: DonaldThief] #426481
07/23/13 14:43
07/23/13 14:43
Don't have a one...
D
DonaldThief Offline OP
DonaldThief  Offline OP
D

Don't have a one...
@Superku :

- I know there are a few artists in the forums ,but then, for what was this section established?

- Other people don't need to know my history. Actually, I don't have a one. That's my first game. And I don't think my skill would matter.

- Also, I don't need to tell anyone about my game details. Even though, once someone wants to work with me ,I'll tell them about everything in my game and about the description of the model concering height, clothing...etc. (don't forget that it is only ONE model)

- Sorry, for not clarifying that. IT IS UNPAID of course 'cause my game is not with a quality enough to be commercial ,so my game is completely FREE OF CHARGE

Originally Posted By: Superku
Btw. you really don't need a well designed model to work on your game, download a free model (and maybe modify it a little) or use basic prototype models. Then, when you have advanced with your game and care for graphics, you can try to get an artist again with more information and screenshots about/ of your project.

It's not about a well-designed model or caring about graphics. This is the main character of my first game ,and I don't think it is a good idea to wait until I reach a certain point in designing my game. It is not the case that I have a player model ,but I want it to be of better quality. You can say that I don't have a player model.

Last edited by DonaldThief; 07/23/13 14:44.
Re: Looking for 3D modeler and animator [Re: DonaldThief] #426493
07/23/13 16:48
07/23/13 16:48

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

People work for Free on projects they are interested in. I wouldn't agree to write code for a project before I knew anything about it. And If I had to agree before learn anything, there is a good chance I'd jump-off the project once I found out it wasn't interesting to me. This is what Superku is trying to tell you. You get what you pay for in life. 10 years ago I started this game hobby thinking I could get people to work for free - It's a fantasy. Save your money and come back with a character you want to own and use in a bunch of work - then it will be worth the price. Like I told you, there are artist on forums and students on school boards - look for them- talk to them will get you a lot of NO's but it's worth it if you find that 1 artist that wants to team up for free. It can be a start to a great friendship and game hobby partnership.

Last edited by Malice; 07/23/13 16:49.
Re: Looking for 3D modeler and animator [Re: ] #426553
07/24/13 14:15
07/24/13 14:15
Don't have a one...
D
DonaldThief Offline OP
DonaldThief  Offline OP
D

Don't have a one...
Originally Posted By: Malice
People work for Free on projects they are interested in. I wouldn't agree to write code for a project before I knew anything about it. And If I had to agree before learn anything, there is a good chance I'd jump-off the project once I found out it wasn't interesting to me.

Okay, I understood. An overview for my game will be available after some time ,and I am sure no one will be interested in it grin

You get what you pay for in life. 10 years ago I started this game hobby thinking I could get people to work for free - It's a fantasy.

I partially agree with you. But it's not always the case. Again, I'll say that my game is NOT commercial as it is not of high quality (no one would like to pay for it) and I won't invest money in a project with no profit.

Save your money and come back with a character you want to own and use in a bunch of work - then it will be worth the price.

I don't know what you mean

Like I told you, there are artist on forums and students on school boards - look for them- talk to them will get you a lot of NO's but it's worth it if you find that 1 artist that wants to team up for free. It can be a start to a great friendship and game hobby partnership.

Ok. I'll see that

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  adoado, checkbutton, mk_1, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de