by VoroneTZ. 04/17/24 06:52
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, howardR), 472 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea
19048 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 30 1 2 27 28 29 30
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: ratchet] #398230
03/29/12 21:26
03/29/12 21:26
Balkan
Pavle Offline
Pavle  Offline

Balkan
Thanx for checking out, there are some good news about the JJ development:)

As some may know I have paused my work on the J,J&BUM because of my old project Skulls which is almost done but, about three months ago, Jared De Santis (SirCamaris) rejoined the team & started working on a Sewer chapter drive-through level. He's work is very good & as a leveler he is very fast & precise:

Also we are testing out the additional character modeler, Željko Radulovic, and we are very pleased with his work so far. Here are some preliminary shots of his Dragon Warrior:

In about a week we will make a real news update with lots of screens & a small video.

Last edited by Pavle; 03/30/12 16:47.

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Pavle] #398233
03/29/12 22:17
03/29/12 22:17
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

Great news laugh
I like the car and it's shaders.
(I presume water is just a placeholder , it don't match a lot with other textures and lightening).

I'll wait for the new video laugh

Last edited by ratchet; 03/29/12 22:18.
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: ratchet] #404682
07/12/12 17:24
07/12/12 17:24
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

Is the project really abandonned ?
It was such great start and very promising ...
Well i hope to see some new on this great game laugh

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: ratchet] #409221
10/13/12 23:10
10/13/12 23:10
Balkan
Pavle Offline
Pavle  Offline

Balkan
No, the project is not abandoned but unfortunately it’s placed on ice until we consolidate. J,J,&BUM turned out to be a much bigger project then I originally expected. However when we started there was 8 people involved only in the art segment, now the situation is very different:) Anyway after a very, veery long time I have finally managed to complete 99% of my SkullS game, so I decide to make time & publish the early concept-levels of the Untitled Platformer that I announced a long, loong time ago:) Hope someone will find them interesting. I also added my rework for Masters of the Universe fan-fiction game that I was planning on developing & failed to find the time for.

http://www.digitaldungeonteam.com/fajlovi/JJBUM/ArtistCorner_UntitledPlatformer_Pack.zip

Enjoy:)

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Pavle] #409223
10/13/12 23:27
10/13/12 23:27
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

J,J,&BUM turned out to be a much bigger project then I originally expected.

I have some advice i follow myself , specially for indies and lonewolves :
Keep the game little and simple first laugh

Anyway cool new, i hope this platform game will land on Steam or Desura playform laugh

Don't let down such great wuality work laugh

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: ratchet] #412831
12/03/12 21:49
12/03/12 21:49
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

No new, is this project abandonned ?
I know this is what happens in open project with different team members, each having his own motivations that can let down the project.

That's somewhat sad, caus it had lot of potential for a successfull indie game.
But it's like that, when motivation goes somewhere else, that's hard to come back !

Last edited by ratchet; 12/05/12 20:30.
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: ratchet] #413052
12/07/12 03:57
12/07/12 03:57
USA
Guardian Offline
Serious User
Guardian  Offline
Serious User

USA
There was never any real teamwork in this project. Certain people took over and blocked input. Also the type of game was probably to complex. Some sort of casual game might of worked better.

Anyway, it might be nice to hear from George and other team members, if any are left, for their opinions, or maybe this thread should just be closed. And all remaining resources released.

No offence meant to anyone, I'm disappointed too.

Guardian Untitled Platformer team member.

Guardian

Game Models
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Guardian] #413096
12/07/12 23:40
12/07/12 23:40
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

Also the type of game was probably to complex

Humm ... well it was a simple platformer ...

But i think the team just have lived what is the real world of game making ... a big nig amount of work ...

Yes, one way to achieve a working game, can be to go with retro or cartoon.simplified graphics ...
simpler gameplay, smaller levels etc ...

Too bad the video of the game just let supposed some great quality one, that could have goen to Steam GreenLight ...

The another point, is like i said the motivation, you are always very motivated at beginning and what arrives is just the lack of motivation sometimes.

Well like i have read on some old AUM magazines interviews some clever and bi gadvice for indie lonewolf :
KEEP IT SMALL FIRST laugh

If the team had kept smaller and less complex levels, simpler gameplay with one character, simpler graphics, the game could be completed.

Yes it was perhaps too comple, and choosing another game type could have been a better solution perhaps , like some MonkeyBall style game, you make simple but challenging levels and jut put a ball on them.

Well too bad for such great promising game.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: ratchet] #413107
12/08/12 05:36
12/08/12 05:36
Bucharest, Romania
George Offline OP

Expert
George  Offline OP

Expert

Bucharest, Romania
Starting with a small project would have been a good plan; sadly, I was one of the very few team members that shared this vision. We started with a team of about 10 people, but most of them left after a few weeks or months. Actually, from what I know, Pavle was the only person trying to keep the things in motion.

He has created several great looking levels for the game, but then we had to pause the project because he had to finish his own game. That's all I know and I can share for now.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: George] #413379
12/12/12 22:26
12/12/12 22:26
Balkan
Pavle Offline
Pavle  Offline

Balkan
Hello to all, I am happy to see that this corner is still up & running, or better walking slow as it may be:) Unfortunately because of my previous projects, newly started conventional job & many other circumstances the project had to be paused but it was never abandoned, at least not by Ivan & me. As far as I know George never told that he is leaving the project & we also had SirCamaris doing the Sewer drive-through level. The main programmers, Superku & RedPhoenix, did enough code to take the game to 80% of the development and never told that they are not interested to see this game finalized. The game so far has 10 working levels & 2 drive-through levels that are still in 70% done state but the entire code is functional & working great.

The project did start a bit big but we also had a big team in those days:) George was rational & always wanted to restrict the art & program concept to a smaller size but the art team had a vote from full 3D game to full 2D game & voted for 3D semi-realistic concept that was originally proposed by Bug & me. At that time we had no reason to worry because we had 8 people in the art team:) Unfortunately things begun to go bad once the gameplay scathes had to be done. They took too much time & people were getting less and less motivated because things were not progressing. Once we finished the gameplay scathes for just one chapter we lost half of the art team. Then the other problems related to the complexity & functionality of the levels, shaders, models, animations & gameplay emerged and things got from bad to worse.

The thing is that we have a good & functional code & finished levels are in nice quality but the project can’t move at any normal speed until we find more people for the art segment. Game is, however, moving in baby-steps & I am sure there will be some further progress in the future.

Page 29 of 30 1 2 27 28 29 30

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de