by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Quad, TipmyPip, degenerate_762, AndrewAMD, Nymphodora), 997 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Post your opinion / feedback about game resource stores here... #404263
07/05/12 21:50
07/05/12 21:50
Germany, Magdeburg
Rei_Ayanami Offline OP
Expert
Rei_Ayanami  Offline OP
Expert

Germany, Magdeburg
Hey,

This thread is about your opinions and experiences with various model stores.

I'll start with mine about Arteria3D.

Arteria3D
The website uses a not so well fitted layout which makes it look not fully
professional. There are plenty of different model (packs) that promise a lot of
things.
Not only the site, but also the owner promises a lot of things - but those are mostly
not kept. Whether it is additional LOD stages, additional animations, fixes to the
models or new packs.
The already existing models all have some problems (at least those I know, which are a
few). Some packs miss model formats, animations or have displaced textures / vertices.
That sucks!

Here are examples:

The first shows a lot of deformated vertices at a model (skeleton), the other shows
that (for example) the fbx file for the one LOD version is missing. No FBX version
contained animations, or proper textures applied.

Wireframes from other models looked as if a little child played with them or as if
someone used a "boolean" transform too often.

These are not models you would want to use in your game, if you don't want to spend
hours on fixing models - if your budget is not too(oooo) low, I wouldn't suggest him.

Greets,
Rei

Last edited by rayp; 09/14/13 01:09. Reason: slightly changed topic title and made it sticky
Re: Opinion about model stores [Re: Rei_Ayanami] #404265
07/05/12 22:00
07/05/12 22:00
NRW/Germany
alibaba Offline
Expert
alibaba  Offline
Expert

NRW/Germany
I had a great experience with Arteria!
I bought the SciFi Assault model and was very satisfied!
Although i had to rename manually all the animation scenes the animations and the model itself was great!
And that for a low price.
I haven´t bought any other model atm. But till now i had a great experience!

Professional Edition
A8.47.1
--------------------
http://www.yueklet.de
Re: Opinion about model stores [Re: alibaba] #404270
07/05/12 22:29
07/05/12 22:29
Germany
rayp Offline

X
rayp  Offline

X

Germany
This thread is great for people who thinking about buying model packs from various stores.

Today i want to say some words about TGC The Game Creators. I have quiet a lot model packs from them.

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE 1
-------------------
The run animation "moves" a bit. Also they could have a bit more polygons. Strange thing is, they look better without shaders grin (most of them) But all in all i have to say this is a good pack thinking of the price of round about 20euros. Many unique models with a lot of ok/good looking animations. If they stand under dynamic lights, you really need good shaders to hide the polygons.

A good tip is to stay away from the sci fi map pack 1 grin

Edit: Another good thing is, TGC packs often using the same bones, so u can use ent_animatefrom and save dozens of animations in your models.

Be carefull! The Fragmotion exporter will make this with your neck, i just figured out:

Last edited by rayp; 07/05/12 22:52.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;
Re: Opinion about model stores [Re: Rei_Ayanami] #404298
07/06/12 13:37
07/06/12 13:37
The Netherlands
Helghast Offline
Expert
Helghast  Offline
Expert

The Netherlands
Rei, I dont think it's fair to shoot down someone through a forum thread like this. If you have issues like these, you should take it up with the owner instead.

I talked with the owner of arteria before too, and so far he kept his promises, and I actually had a good experience like alibaba too with this site.

regards,

Formerly known as dennis_fantasy
Portfolio - http://www.designorhea.com/
Project - http://randomchance.cherrygames.org/
Re: Opinion about model stores [Re: Helghast] #404300
07/06/12 13:41
07/06/12 13:41
Germany, Magdeburg
Rei_Ayanami Offline OP
Expert
Rei_Ayanami  Offline OP
Expert

Germany, Magdeburg
So did I, but he said that I should not complain because those models are cheap.

Maybe I should have started with a better example first, like Dexsoft...

Re: Opinion about model stores [Re: Rei_Ayanami] #404302
07/06/12 14:06
07/06/12 14:06
L
lostzac Offline
lostzac  Offline
L

I do not think that this is bashing those people. I look at this more as a customer review of various store's. And like all experience when buying something, there will be good and bad reviews based on the customer's expectations vrs what is actually offered. I think this would be helpful to anyone who is thinking about buying from a store. As long as the thread stays informative and not well I don't like Vender's A products the user sucks....Kinda of thing.

As for me
I have bought packs from Arteria and would have to say anything I was not satisfied in, I always got the help from them to fix any issues I had...

Never had any issues with Dexsoft.

However Protex left a bad taste in my mouth. I know they create for Unity, but their DCK kit was listed to be in fbx format. This is not true. To get the Fbx versions of the model they told me I had to install Unity3d extract the models from the pack....As I never used Unity..I found it to be a tad aggravating. They where quick in answering my questions so i give them props on Customer Service, but if you list something to be available in x format, then that should be part of the package bought, not well yeah you can get it in that format but you have to do all the work to get it their...Just my two cents

Last edited by lostzac; 07/06/12 14:07.

John C Leutz II

Re: Opinion about model stores [Re: lostzac] #404304
07/06/12 14:23
07/06/12 14:23
Germany
rayp Offline

X
rayp  Offline

X

Germany
Quote:
I do not think that this is bashing those people
Right.

Quote:
I look at this more as a customer review of various store's. And like all experience when buying something, there will be good and bad reviews based on the customer's expectations vrs what is actually offered.
That is why we wanted to start this thread, give people infos, bad or good. No one wants to bash a store.

1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
Re: Opinion about model stores [Re: rayp] #404324
07/06/12 19:20
07/06/12 19:20
Karlsruhe
PadMalcom Offline
Serious User
PadMalcom  Offline
Serious User

Karlsruhe
This thread might really be helpful!

Arteria3D
I have the lifetime membership which I bought long time ago for a "few" bucks. That made me really happy. What I got is access to a HTTP-directory which is sadly messed up like hell. I asked the owner Steve for an ordered list and he tells me several times that it would be started the next week. Nothing happend so far, one year has passed from the first time I asked wink
Furthermore, I have a problem with publishing the models in MDL-format which is not allowed as Steve told me in a mail. Now, he luckily changed the license on his page and everything is fine. Steve personally is pretty friendly and you can talk to him about your problems and wishes. AND the models have a good quality and are really cheap. Unfortunately, models do not always come in mdl format.

3dFoin
I like this small provider a lot since the quality is "good", models are cheap and they come in mdl format.

Dexsoft
Dexsoft has the best support I ever experienced. I had a difficult licensing situation and Frank wrote me a special license based on a structure we discussed by mail. The models are not the cheapest but the quality is good.

The Game Creators Company
Models are cheap but the quality is not the best. The support sents prepared and no personalized messages.

Re: Opinion about model stores [Re: PadMalcom] #404334
07/06/12 19:58
07/06/12 19:58
Germany
rayp Offline

X
rayp  Offline

X

Germany
Quote:
Dexsoft
Dexsoft has the best support I ever experienced....

The Game Creators Company
Models are cheap but the quality is not the best. The support sents prepared and no personalized messages.
I can confirm both points. Now i remember a bad thing of tgc besides. The global billing system of them is hardcore. Once i wanted to pay as usual but this time i wrote the name of the package in combination with my email into the bank transfer. not the code you get while ordering. I mailed them cause i realized my mistake. Well money (+-60€) was lost! Come on this cant be true. But well at least it was my failure. ^^ SO BE CAREFULL WHEN PAYING WITH BANK TRANSFER. ^^ The problem is that TGC does not manage the paying by them selfs. Its done by a third party company...deep below racoon city grin

Dexsoft: Bought the spaceorc and the bridge pack, they are just great.
SpaceOrc

one thing i realized is not so beauty, the shoulder parts when moving the arms in wide ranges. Dont know if converting caused this, but i dont think so.

Not all TGC packs are low quality...have a look at this nice zombie from the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE 2 Pack. But as i already said, its a luckgame with models from them. Most are cool.

ingame (gored+shade-c)

Edit: Oh and the zombies come with all effect textures. And the good normal maps taken from high poly 3d model (mostly).

Last edited by rayp; 07/06/12 20:21.

Re: Opinion about model stores [Re: rayp] #404699
07/12/12 22:48
07/12/12 22:48
Germany, BaW�
Rondidon Offline
Expert
Rondidon  Offline
Expert

Germany, BaW�
I can fully recommend Dexsoft. Great Models. Good UVs, great meshes, Nice animations and very good texture optimizations. Pro quality, cheap prices. Very friendly and helpful Support.

Re: Opinion about model stores [Re: Rondidon] #404712
07/13/12 09:04
07/13/12 09:04
germany
gri Offline
Serious User
Happy Birthday gri  Offline
Serious User

germany

Bought some stuff from dexsoft too. No problem got what I payed for.

The thread is about model stores....mmhhh. I use often models from an special store...all models are free and in mdl format.

http://www.reinerstilesets.de/

nice for prototyping or small projects

"Make a great game or kill it early" (Bruce Shelley, Ensemble Studios)
Re: Opinion about model stores [Re: Rondidon] #429463
09/12/13 18:33
09/12/13 18:33
Germany
rayp Offline

X
rayp  Offline

X

Germany
Quote:
So did I, but he said that I should not complain because those models are cheap.
Waiting for a responce for over ( let me guess ) two month. Cause of a missing model...at least i think its missing, this was the question. Im pretty sure i will never know ^^

Models from Arteria are cheap. I dont say there bad. Bud i would wait until theres a 80% discount so the price matches ( i have done it this way ). With a huge discount its a good deal. But for my taste far away from Dexsoft quality fex.

Edit: Moved thread here so people see it before buying somewhere.

Re: Opinion about model stores [Re: rayp] #439143
03/27/14 15:45
03/27/14 15:45
Budapest, Hungary
DEX Offline
Serious User
DEX  Offline
Serious User

Budapest, Hungary
Hey guys, many thnx for your very kind words. We will continue to support indie market with highest possible quality. Keep in mind that we are only 2 guys managing all laugh
Cheers

DEXSOFT-GAMES.COM
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  adoado, checkbutton, mk_1, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de