by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Nymphodora), 972 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 30 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #366578
04/05/11 12:37
04/05/11 12:37
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
I've uploaded a patch for J, J & BUM Forest Chapter (Chapter 4 Level 1) with lightmaps for towers, new textures with more complementary colors for vegetation & terrain, and also enhanced car model with additional geometry & steam particles that are coming out of the engine:) I'm not so happy with how the steam is behaving when car speed is high but it's not visually unacceptable:)

I also tried to add the same materials that I'm using in Fortress chapter but, somehow, it's not really working for this level:(

I will have to find a way to have similar visual impression in both chapters but without the use of the reddish materials for drive-through level. At this time I have no idea on how to do this:( Also the Shade-C DOF is, so far, untweakable for this level, everything is waaay to blury when I try to use it:(

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #366674
04/06/11 08:56
04/06/11 08:56
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

Great progress, and great commercial quality coming game laugh

Now my personnal impressions :
- first screens that don't use a red color look lot better than the last ones (specially for the car level).
- Textures look somewhat poor !
Why not using a mesh instead of terrain using a normal map
or more simple, a detailled 1024 or 2048 texture terrain with baked normal map ?
- Why not adding some trees, some plants ?
- The terrain recover some parts of the fortress strangely,like a door of the castle ???
People would have not construct a door that could not be open, or perhaps it have been some cataclysm ?
- The particle effect, looks a bit exagerated sometimes, you
can't the car, perhaps make it more thin or make it going
from the top sides ?

Keep up the good work laugh !

Last edited by ratchet; 04/06/11 08:59.
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: ratchet] #366703
04/06/11 14:51
04/06/11 14:51
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
Yeah, the red material works nice in the platform levels of chapter 3 but it fails to do the same thing when applied in the car level:( But I will have to find the way to make the visuals from chapter 3 more comparable with visuals from the car level (chapter 4) since the fortress architecture should be more-less similar.

As for lights they are temporary since I'm having some troubles with parts of the geometry:

..I'm modeling everything in WED & using Blender to do the lighting but this time nothing worked, recalculating the normals inside/outside in Blender gave no results, experiments with edges, vertex, different import parameters.. nothing. It seems I will have to rework/replace the problematic segments in WED & try again with the lighting in Blender.

Plants are on hold for now, until we implement AI routine & get through these light issues. My Idea was to have a vegetation placed on 70% of all terrain parts covered with grass:)

Terrain is a mdl file that uses Txesmi's terrain shader that supports blendmap, 4 different textures & lightmap.

I'm actually not unhappy with how it looks, not really sure why I can't capture it the right way in a screenshot, but when you play the level it all seems very good.

The thing that will enhance it further is more advanced lightmap, for now I've done only ambient occlusion in Blender.

The doors & particles needs to be tweaked, I already had some suggestions about that from Ivan:)
Btw, thanx for checking out the project, your feedback is always very good & constructive:)

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #367326
04/12/11 00:32
04/12/11 00:32
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
Hello,

I've uploaded the J, J & BUM Chapter 3 Version 2 rar (in 3 parts) to SkyDrive:)

I was hopping to have that chapter finished by now but unfortunately the new, second version of the Fortress is still only partially done:( The levels with finished geometry & gameplay are 1, 2, 3 & 5, level 6 has finalized geometry but missing gameplay, and levels 4, 7, 8 & 9 are still to be redesigned.

The main modifications that I've made in code are related to rotating doors that must be opened with >E<, enhanced Illusion Spell that is now almost gameplay-compatible and number of small, mostly HUD-oriented or prop-oriented changes. Next level loading, restarting & dying no longer has error messages & it seems to be fully functional.

As for music & audio effects, Ivan finished most of the work so the Fortress chapter now has almost all needed files, only few sounds are missing like character voices & death sequences:) The new things concerning the music are two battle themes & two dramatic themes that can be switched during gameplay in levels 3 & 9.

I made a video of a small enemy bug that is happening when there are two enemies going from chase to walk at the same time..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Uzqos30_s

..and also made a short video of how the level 5 from chapter 3 looked in his first & last version:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gv9fZHMvQg

I will also post some screens as soon as I get around to it.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #368959
04/29/11 21:56
04/29/11 21:56
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #370544
05/13/11 21:55
05/13/11 21:55
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
Fantastic work! (PM wink )

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Superku] #370552
05/13/11 23:01
05/13/11 23:01
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

Amazing ! Professionnal quality game.

Great job on spider their realistic skin match lot more now with realistic look of the level !

It's a game FOR STEAM wihtout problem if quality is as good on all levels laugh !
I'll buy it , if it goes to it laugh

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: ratchet] #371089
05/17/11 21:29
05/17/11 21:29
Balkan
Pavle Offline
Pavle  Offline

Balkan
Thanx, I really appreciate comments & suggestions, they are always welcome:) Especially if comments are referencing to J,J&BUM & STEAM in a positive way:):)

Yeah, since I gave up on high-contrasted color concept for levels spiders are fitting much better with more realistic texture-look:)

I just hope I will be able to solve that DOF problem in non-platform levels, it's still too intense no matter what parameters I put.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Pavle] #371124
05/18/11 08:02
05/18/11 08:02
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

Why not using simple blurred image on background and some
alpha image on front of it to simulate Blurring ?
Or simply blurr textures on background objects, and use simple
Bloom to make things blurr also !

DOF should be optionnal indeed in the options :
- DOF on
- DOF off : Use of Bloom instead

Keep it up !

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: ratchet] #371248
05/19/11 13:15
05/19/11 13:15
Balkan
Pavle Offline
Pavle  Offline

Balkan
Yes, that was my strategy also but it didn't really work because there was a big difference between platform & open-terrain levels. In platform levels everything is functioning as it should. The new Shade-C will maybe solve this and if not I'll try some alternative DOF solutions to Shade-C (if there are any:)

Page 27 of 30 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de