by flink. 04/14/24 07:46
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (ozgur, EternallyCurious, howardR, 1 invisible), 623 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin, rajesh7827
19046 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: ratchet] #332915
07/12/10 20:27
07/12/10 20:27
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
@Superku
Thanx smile I don't think you should worry about JJ's animation synchronicity at this time, we still don't have their models & animation setts.

...and I must admit, even if it's a bit off at a moment, that I still haven't completely given up on using 2D characters in the game grin If you think about it, it could still work for the project & it may give a game more original feel.

@Ratchet
I was thinking of very discreet depth of field, just a little blurring of the background environment.

As for shaders, to be honest, up until now I haven't managed to implement them in a way that they would really fit the game scene frown Red Phoenix (member of the programing team) should send me the newest shader version in a following few days & I'm hoping I will be able to find a good balance that would benefit & not damage the level's visual aspects.

It's much easier when shaders are used in first-person games, I'm used to that concept & I have no problems in implementing them in a satisfactory way. This project is very new to me from the camera & geometry point smile

As for particles, you're right: we should have as much as possible & as colorful as possible. Txesmi (member of the art team) had a very good idea about some sort of particle-based bonus items that could be scattered across the levels & make everything seem more dynamic.

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #332918
07/12/10 20:38
07/12/10 20:38
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
I'm more worried about the gameplay itself, the movement, I don't like it, I will make it better!

2D characters are nice, we should at least give them a try!

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Superku] #332922
07/12/10 21:27
07/12/10 21:27
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
You are right- the gameplay is getting to be more & more complicated. I'm trying to have as simple gameplay routines as I can but sometimes it's not really possible. The coal thing is standard pick-up object action &, I guess, the smoke thing could be made universal in sense of action that changes if variable is modified but the guard coming down to inspect could be more difficult for you to make universal frown

I will be uploading a bit enhanced level 4 (chapter 3 prototype level) tomorrow evening & I will take this opportunity to also add some of my 2D animations to the level (there will be a key to turn them on/off) just for fun & so that we can see if they could (approximately) fit the visual aspects or not smile

Btw If soemone missed my new level post go here
http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=332857#Post332857

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #332947
07/13/10 05:11
07/13/10 05:11
USA
Guardian Offline
Serious User
Guardian  Offline
Serious User

USA
Hi all, its been a while since I last commented on the project I must complement Ganderoleg on your levels they are looking real nice and I think you did a great job incorporating so much of the overall impute from the prototype levels.

I also think it would be a very good Idea to evaluate or test 2d characters in place of 3d models. Even though I was hoping to have some impute on the design of the 3d models. At any rate some work needs to be done in this area.

I just wonder which will be easier, I might play around with some of the other characters just for fun. laugh

Guardain

Guardian

Game Models
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Guardian] #333143
07/14/10 11:28
07/14/10 11:28
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
@Guardian

Thanx smile It's been a while now that you haven't been active, I was under the impression that you were no longer interested in this project. I hope you will be able to find more time in the future & maybe re-activate again in some of the project's development segments.

I've uploaded new, a bit enhanced, version of level 4 (prototype level) on SkyDrive.

The main changes are rocks beneath the storage rooms, light enhancers, player can't fall from bridge if he change the lain in the ear & elevators have only one enter/exit side (player can't accidentally slide from it or fall from it like before).

I also added two temporary (testing) features: music switcher & few 2D animated characters smile

Ivan (Dimme) sent me three music themes that he composed for possible usage in Fortress level. I made a small switcher so that each theme can be tried out & evaluated.

Also I added a few of my old 2D animated characters & Txesmi's sister character. It's nothing too serious, I'm not saying we should switch to 2D characters concept but I just wanted to see how they would fit game environment. ...and maybe it's not a bad idea to keep 2D characters option in mind, it could make a game more original and unusual smile

//////////////////////
Btw I'm having some problems with uploading the level to SkyDrive, I believe it's the fault related to use of Microsoft Silverlight, so I will upload it to SkyDrive as soon as I figure out what is wrong.

>Level has been uploaded successfully to SkyDrive<

//////////////////////

Any feedback on what should be changed & modified is welcome.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #333252
07/15/10 08:02
07/15/10 08:02
USA
Guardian Offline
Serious User
Guardian  Offline
Serious User

USA
Well no I’m still involved as far as I know. laugh But, I only really have interest in the modeling part of things. I never really liked level design much.

As far as I have seen no one has actually made any firm decision on what to do as to the models to be used, or if they should be 2d, or even what art direction to go with them.

Anyway if that ain’t quite so let me know. tongue

Guardian

Guardian

Game Models
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Guardian] #333857
07/19/10 15:19
07/19/10 15:19
Hiporope and its pain
txesmi Offline
Serious User
txesmi  Offline
Serious User

Hiporope and its pain
Hi friends,

Fortunately, i'm close to finishing the first level. I uploaded it to skydrive.

Some screens:

Salud!

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: txesmi] #333911
07/19/10 22:49
07/19/10 22:49
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
I checked out your level & it's very good smile The textures are fitting nicely & everything is giving out the impression of a balanced design.

I've sent you a mail with more in-depth observations & suggestions.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: txesmi] #333929
07/20/10 06:05
07/20/10 06:05
Bucharest, Romania
George Offline OP

Expert
George  Offline OP

Expert

Bucharest, Romania
That's a great piece of work! I would add a few alternative paths / level areas that can be explored, so that the player has to work harder in order to find its way towards the goal and maybe discover some bonuses, etc but apart from that it's perfect laugh

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: George] #335774
07/30/10 14:24
07/30/10 14:24
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

Good winter level !
Just my personnal taste : Why not adding asstes like some big rocks in the cliffs or snow things ? because it looks too simple, without objects to attract our attention or motivate us to discover the rest of the stage !
Juts my opinion, but it's really great for and indie project and will be a great game made with 3D Game Studio !

Keep it up !

Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de