by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Quad, aliswee), 835 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 30 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 29 30
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #327461
06/06/10 14:19
06/06/10 14:19
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
Looks great, Ganderoleg. I really like the lighting!

Do we really need the turning camera when the player changes the gravity? Because it makes coding unnecessary complex and I don't like it, it makes me dizzy (and interrupts the movement flow, f.i.: run left/right -> change gravity -> now you need to press the other key to keep moving into the same direction).
Instead, the camera could move down twice the distance (camera.z-player.z) and inverse its tilt smoothly so you can see the ceiling.

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #327545
06/07/10 02:41
06/07/10 02:41
NJ
S
SirCamaris Offline
SirCamaris  Offline
S

NJ
Just wanted to say the imagery from you and Txesmi look great. I've uploaded some images for the Haunted House. None is done in WED yet however. I'm shooting for 2 floors maybe per level. So far I have two floors within an east and west wing. Both wings enclose a center hall. I'm thinking of adding guest quarters outside the main structure that surround a courtyard. I know my images don't look gloomy at the moment, but I wanted to get a sense of proportion for the levels. I'm not sure if they will be to short as they are now. I also will continue to amend my focus doc as I progress. Thank you.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: SirCamaris] #327593
06/07/10 14:20
06/07/10 14:20
Hiporope and its pain
txesmi Offline
Serious User
txesmi  Offline
Serious User

Hiporope and its pain
@Ganderoleg
Ok, just undertood why it was so plain.

@SirCamaris
Great to hear that you are working. The pics look pretty good.

Salud!

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: txesmi] #327785
06/08/10 16:29
06/08/10 16:29
Kiel (Germany)
Superku Offline
Senior Expert
Superku  Offline
Senior Expert

Kiel (Germany)
"player's skill60" Better don't change any player skills, use vars instead.

There is a new, small update (Movement0806.zip) on George's SkyDrive account.

What is new?
  • Sister has the ability to fly upwards/ gravity changes back to old state when she flies too long.
  • There are deathzones that kill the player when he touches it.
  • The elevators can have balance weights and cages: Attach a cage/weight in WED and check the elevator's Cage/Weight flag. When you want to have both on a single elevator, check both flags and attach the cage in the elevator's properties panel, then attach the weight in the cage's properties panel. The elevator always has to be the plate the player stands on, its model determines the bounding box dimensions.
  • The level exit is not gem-oriented anymore. Position an object (a door) where the exit should be, choose "exit_door" and set "new_level" to next level[number] (new_level = 2 loads level2.wmb). When the player comes close to this object, the next level loads. Optional you can add a key to your level (or more, the amount of keys per door is not limited) and attach your exit_door, it knows automatically how many keys are assigned to it.
    The same key-action can be chosen for keys that unlock key_door_swing entities.
  • Elevator_switches (you don't have to press a key to activate them, just come close).
  • Press left/right to go up/down while hanging on a ledge (instead of up/down keys).

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Superku] #327890
06/09/10 07:35
06/09/10 07:35
Bucharest, Romania
George Offline OP

Expert
George  Offline OP

Expert

Bucharest, Romania
That's a great set of new features, Felix! Thank you.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: George] #328201
06/10/10 22:14
06/10/10 22:14
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
@Superku
I downloaded & played the new movement demo & it all seems very good smile The elevator-cage & dead zone are working great. I just came across two minor things: the doors can't be passed, when unlocked, unless they are placed in second lane & exit- to-new-level doors open even if only one player is near them. Once J's unite in second level they will both need to be at the exit doors in order to change level.

Btw it would be great if we can keep the turning camera, I believe it's one of the game's biggest assets smile When I was showing the levels to some of my friends they always had a very reasonable response to gameplay & level visuals, something like: it's nice/colors are good/looks o.k.... But when I go to the gravity switch with turn-camera it was always: Wow this is cool/This is great/It's wicked tongue

So I think this feature could be are greatest plus so far. It's something different & it gives more dynamic feel to the game. Actually I think that maybe every spell should have some sort of screen-thing (through use of different ppe, zoom or arc-change...)

@SirCamaris
I downloaded you document & images of your mansion look very good but, unfortunately, they don't reflect the needed visual direction for the chapter frown Your mansion is too contemporary & it has many props & appliances that are not in tone with the game ambient. ...it would be great for Hitman game or Counter Strike though smile I sent you a mail with some observations and suggestions.

I have upload (Ganderoleg C3 L1 V2) shader & ppe version of the first level that was done almost five days ago but because I had some health problems in a last four days I didn't manage to put it earlier on the SkyDrive. It's still a wip that needs more polishing but the hard lines are there. I couldn't publish exe for some reason :(but it seems to work fine from both wed & sed. If you can't run it without error let me know & if you manage to compile an exe file please let me know grin

In main.c you will find shaders_on & post_pe_on variables with which you can turn these effects on or off.

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #328251
06/11/10 10:05
06/11/10 10:05
V
Vinous_Beret Offline
Vinous_Beret  Offline
V

very nice work man,i like the atmosphere laugh .

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Vinous_Beret] #328292
06/11/10 16:57
06/11/10 16:57
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
@Vinous Beret
Thanx, I appreciate it smile

I have realized that the main problem with shaders in my level seems to be the lowered blending of shadowmap. When shader is applied the model's shadowmap gets bleached out.

(First pix has modified shadowmap & second has original shadowmap. Notice how colors have much better blend in the first)

I've found a coding solution but it's very far from being elegant & good. I've created a post in programmers corner.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #330817
06/29/10 23:39
06/29/10 23:39
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
Hello team,

I uploaded new level for Fortress Chapter (Ganderoleg C3 L2 V1.zip). This is the middle graphical version of the level, the high version is awaiting further shader modifications.

I couldn't use Superku's newest program solution in this level because I added the mountain (rocks) beneath the fortress & wanted to see how it would visually fit, but for some reason I couldn't get camera limitation to respond to my input frown These rocks will have different texture depending from the choice Txesmi makes in his chapter.

This level is not really finished and has some geometry bugs & inconsistencies but since I had some time issues & has worked on it for almost 7 days I decided to proclaim it finished smile I will get back to it later when I complete other levels from my chapter.

Any feedback on what should be changed & modified is welcome.

http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/11/34/97/23/jjbum_13.jpg
http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/11/34/97/23/jjbum_12.jpg
http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/11/34/97/23/jjbum_14.jpg
http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/11/34/97/23/jjbum_15.jpg

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #330926
06/30/10 20:53
06/30/10 20:53
Hiporope and its pain
txesmi Offline
Serious User
txesmi  Offline
Serious User

Hiporope and its pain
great map!!

congratulations.

Page 18 of 30 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 29 30

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de