by flink. 04/14/24 07:46
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (7th_zorro, Quad, VoroneTZ, 1 invisible), 623 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin, rajesh7827
19046 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: SirCamaris] #310813
02/17/10 07:48
02/17/10 07:48
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
No. I think both are fine, and it's all about which art-style you like more.
They both have their advantages and disadvantages, so it really doesn't matter at this stage, I think.

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Germanunkol] #310853
02/17/10 11:41
02/17/10 11:41
BUG Offline
BUG  Offline

Just jumping in to say that I've finally uploaded a rework of the first superku-level. I wanted to create something like a mine/underground cave. Feel free to play/edit it laugh

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: BUG] #310876
02/17/10 14:03
02/17/10 14:03
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
@Bug
Just played it and it does looks nice smile It has that gloomy-cave look.
I guess we could call it castle basement grin ...but it would be great if you could make a level that is more castle-like. If we are to choose best level art/design we must have similar starting points, similar design conditions, so that we can see clearer what are differences and advantages of one or the other approach.

Also you forgot to put your Focus doc together with zip so that we can see what segment of your artwork should get our closer attention.

There is still lots of time for all of us and for our artwork proposals. Friday is the first milestone but there is also the weekend and then will see if we need more time.

...and one more important thing:

We have been asked by programing team to try and give some global feedback on the interface, menus and hud styles.

They will start with concept of the main menu structure based on the information from this etherpad (http://etherpad.com/rXhFZCN70j) For now dummy graphics will be used and later we will design the final look.

We are surely not ready for this kind of discussions yet since we just started with project art-style proposals. We haven't even had any discussions concerning whether the game environment & characters will be 2D or 3D frown But I do believe that we are capable of giving some global guidelines about this.

I will put few solutions in form of a question in ArtPad & if any of you have some of their own please write them next to mine. They should be questions that can be answered with Yes or No(voting mechanics are the same as for other subjects).

If anyone has any idea that is more of a visual nature, you should make some sketches and upload them on SkyDrive. Label it: InterfaceSolutions.zip. The interface proposals doesn't need to contain a specific art style, since the game style is yet to be determined and game interface should match it, so they should be more of a concept nature. Raw pencil sketch with small arrows & explanations on how the menu/hud should animate/move/appear is sufficient.

Then, on Friday(if we have anything by then), we will pick the best sketch and ask the artist who made it to combine his work with results from the ArtPad.

Last edited by Ganderoleg; 02/17/10 14:53.

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: BUG] #310982
02/18/10 00:26
02/18/10 00:26
NJ
S
SirCamaris Offline
SirCamaris  Offline
S

NJ
Hello Bug,

I viewed your level and thought the use of geometry was really clever. The application of textures and mood set by the lights was neat too. For some reason though, none of the models were present so I couldn't play the level; I don't know if anyone else had that problem. Good work though.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: SirCamaris] #311285
02/19/10 12:29
02/19/10 12:29
Hiporope and its pain
txesmi Offline
Serious User
txesmi  Offline
Serious User

Hiporope and its pain
Hi team!
I've uploaded my little girl run animation. I think i got it! It takes me around 8 hours.

@Bug
I got same problem as SirCamaris.

@Guardian
Will you animate those characters? They has very good feeling but they are hard to animate.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: txesmi] #311347
02/19/10 15:52
02/19/10 15:52
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
@Txes
Girl animation looks really, really good cool I am very impressed with how clean her movement is. There is no unnatural hight changes while running. Very good work.

@Guardian
I almost missed out on those characters. You should announce on the forum your uploads to SkyDrive so that we don't have to check folders.
They are very good looking. Will you try animating them or is this character concept?

As for me- I have finally finished my two level-style proposals: one 2D level & one 3D level, castle theme. They are created in a bit of a hurry since I had some virus troubles and couldn't start working until 3 days ago frown

I also added a small Lizard warrior 2D animation(it was originally made for my Dark Divinity character but since that is out...) and it's placed inside 2D level. You will see it when you reach for diamond There is also the folder with his work-files.

In a next few days I will be focusing on player-character animations. I will do the 2D & 3D versions and then update my zip.

NOTES:

I am using GS Commercial 7.50 & WED V6.875 so it may be possible that you will not be able to run levels from your WED or SED without some issues. Therefore I have also compiled exe that should work fine in case there are some troubles with work-files. Maybe you should even try the exe file first and then the other things later.

I use mainly C-Script so I was not able to use my fire effect in Lite-C. This is the reason you will see that terrible-looking fire sprite in the second level grin instead of nicely-looking fire effect.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Before you open my zip scan it for infections. I am still not sure that my OS is completely virus-free.

Last edited by Ganderoleg; 02/19/10 15:53.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #311353
02/19/10 15:58
02/19/10 15:58
Norfolk,England
mikaldinho Offline
mikaldinho  Offline

Norfolk,England
your sig is massive and the game idea is great

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: mikaldinho] #311395
02/19/10 17:23
02/19/10 17:23
Hiporope and its pain
txesmi Offline
Serious User
txesmi  Offline
Serious User

Hiporope and its pain
@Ganderoleg
I loved your 3D level. Plenty of shaders. Good work!

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: txesmi] #311411
02/19/10 18:16
02/19/10 18:16
Norfolk,England
mikaldinho Offline
mikaldinho  Offline

Norfolk,England
nice work

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: mikaldinho] #311448
02/19/10 20:56
02/19/10 20:56
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
@Mikaldinho
Thanx for checking out the Blade Of Power from my sig smile
…and by the game idea I guess you mean Sorcerers? It was "massively" rejected as a project idea grin I'm afraid it was my fault for not making enough effort in creating the game-play concept more interesting & functional.

@Txesmi
Thanx smile
I had many problems with 3D level. I have almost no experience in this camera perspective since I've only done first person projects so far.

For instance: There was almost no visible difference between 512/512 and 128/128 textures, so, instead of having a huge number of separated textures I could of consolidated them into one big texture with Blender & had much more functional model.

Also I had a big issue with shaders. If you click twice on 0 during the game and get closer to the level geometry you will see that walls have really good shader, that you couldn't notice from a distance, but you will also notice that everything else has terrible-over-shiny shader, that looked just fine a moment ago from a distance grin If the game had zoom in/zoom out option this would have been a problem.

Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de