by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Edgar_Herrera, VoroneTZ, Akow), 973 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 30 1 2 3 4 29 30
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #309394
02/09/10 01:41
02/09/10 01:41
NJ
S
SirCamaris Offline
SirCamaris  Offline
S

NJ
I also think the game should be 3D characters & combination of 2D/3D environments. I believe I can help with creating level geometry. Here are a few links to some of my work.VR Portfolio and Experimental games. Ganderoleg, I'm not sure if you already mentioned the amount of time you can put into this project, but you put forth some pretty impressive work already and I think you have a good sense on how the project artwork can be organized. Maybe you'd be up to being Artist Leader?

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: SirCamaris] #309399
02/09/10 02:54
02/09/10 02:54
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
Thanx SirCamaris for kind words- I checked your links & it all looks very nice. I like the geologist astronomer & timepiece the best.

I have made the EtherPad (it's on the first page in my first post) the same way that Firoball did in the previous topic to keep things visible, simple & editable.
I added the first three questions and added the artists from George's list with their, so far, expressed & posted opinions & artworks. I know that Txesmi also posted artwork (and it's very good) but he wrote that he is interested in texture making segment and the artwork he posted is not of that kind.

Question concerning the art team coordinator is also in EtherPad and every team member can say what he think is the best solution and put his choice. As for me- time would not be the problem smile

Last edited by Ganderoleg; 02/09/10 02:56.

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #309417
02/09/10 09:17
02/09/10 09:17
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
Artwork. Allright. Hm.
Besides the Concept Images I posted in the other thread, here goes:

Very old sketching: (2005?)
http://germanunkol.deviantart.com/art/Left-Handed-43258046

Static Modeling (was going to rig this but my hard drive died and now the model's gone.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-1tFxLroXw

Heads Up Display work:
http://img715.yfrog.com/img715/4324/layoutidea02.jpg

Random 2d work:
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5055/planettexture.jpg

Character scetching:
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/4984/12955685.jpg

Random 3d Work:
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6754/vrexwipback.jpg
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/6417/vrexwip18.jpg

Character Modeling:
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/7089/dude02png.jpg

Edit: Ganderoleg also has my vote for team leader...

Last edited by Germanunkol; 02/09/10 09:18.

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Germanunkol] #309450
02/09/10 13:55
02/09/10 13:55
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
These are great cool Concerning your 2D work you seem to have a very good eye for shadows(first image: hands), body proportion & colors(fifth image: girl). I had few doubts about proportion in your work when you posted earlier, in previous thread, but it looks like I was very wrong about it. Also your modeling(motorcycle) looks very professional.

As for textures, in my opinion, maybe planet wasn't the best choice since will probably need mainly seamless textures, and I would love to have seen some 2D environment(architectural or nature) but your here displayed artwork is very good. You could maybe also consider doing the No.8 / 2D panels & menus.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #309492
02/09/10 18:50
02/09/10 18:50
Hiporope and its pain
txesmi Offline
Serious User
txesmi  Offline
Serious User

Hiporope and its pain
TXESMI
many people calls me txes (it sounds like chess)

ARWORK EXAMPLES

1. 3d static enviroment modeling
CS:S Map video - CS:S Map download
art concept
lowpoly spaceship
lowpoly plane

2. 3D character modeling +
3. 3D animations

clip bug
lowpoly pelotagame player model - pelota gameplay video
lowpoly san fermin

4. 2D static environment drawing
linear drawing - more isometric linear drawing

5. 2D characters drawing & animating
old rpg style walking animations
code based character animations - character 1 - character 2 - character 3 - character 4

6. Texture making
texture 1 - texture 2 - texture 3 - texture 4 - texture 5 - texture 6

7. Lightning the 3D environment

8. 2D panels & menus
minimal style

9. General artworks not necessarily related to whats required for this project
my xoops theme (work in progress)
my game site (also my theme)

GAME DIRECTION

all game directions will be ok for me.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #309571
02/10/10 01:40
02/10/10 01:40
NJ
S
SirCamaris Offline
SirCamaris  Offline
S

NJ
Your welcome Ganderoleg. Thank you for your remarks. As for my projects, I'm not sure if you downloaded any of them, the only code I had in there was default.c. Also, I created those models before the 3ds/fbx import for WED was available so I used a level exporter with Truespace. It was limited in that it only exported convex objects. I haven't tried exporting curved objects with 3ds/fbx importer yet. I don't think the smooth option in Wed works with the Extra version, which is what I have. So far I've created two levels; one has staircases and ladders, the other has stones that drop from the ceiling in anticipation of using a Quake ability. I've only used George's model for both, but will need to know what type and size player model/s we will be using. It seems that the brother/sister theme is what others are leaning toward. The sooner this is decided (and there is no immediate rush), the sooner I can taylor level creation toward them.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: SirCamaris] #309581
02/10/10 03:12
02/10/10 03:12
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
@Txes(it's shorter smile )

I am really impressed with the artwork you presented, and, now, I also remember seeing your Pelota game some time ago on the forum. The only thing I couldn't check out is the CS map(level) since I uninstalled my copy of CS, and my cd is nowhere to be found. I did check the video & screens: they look very, very professional.
If I had to pick a favorite artwork among all of them it would be the clip bug grin
Also the code-based characters look real innovative and fun.

*I have changed your artwork-post link in EtherPad since it linked, for some reason, to one of my replies.

@SirCamaris

Yes I tried all of them & they all have very good & original feel.
As for our game levels- we shouldn't jump before we set the global game design & mood and, most importantly, the art pipeline. If there is to be 100 levels we need to make sure that we have all levels visually balanced. That's not so much question of geometry, if levels are full/partial 3D, but mainly question of unified textures & lightning, and, if we have no 3D geometry but only 2D images, mainly question of unified art style.

Last edited by Ganderoleg; 02/10/10 03:27.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Ganderoleg] #309626
02/10/10 12:15
02/10/10 12:15
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
Ganderoleg, I was going to add 8. 2D Panels and Menus as well, but I forgot. I added it to the list in my post above.

I think George's most recent posts leaned towards the sister+little brother idea, and I think that's the one most people are voting for atm. The initial idea went along with a dreamy/nightmare art-style. Since I've only seen people speak against "horror" theme, I'd say we should take out or limit the "nightmare" part, and focus on "dreamy" as a general art-direction.
Ratchet posted this link in the other thread:
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/219/reviews/943284_20080807_screen003.jpg
and while I, for some reason, dislike the foreground and player character, I really like the background on this one.

Recently Hummel posted light shafts (http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=307327#Post307327 ) on this forum which we could use; if not overdone, they could work nicely with a bright background and a darker foreground.
As George (and others) voted against horror/nightmare, I think we should not make the foreground black, but I wouldn’t mind a high contrast between beautiful colors in the background and a dark-ish/shadowy style for the foreground.

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Germanunkol] #309630
02/10/10 13:05
02/10/10 13:05
Ä°stanbul, Turkey
Quad Offline
Senior Expert
Quad  Offline
Senior Expert

Ä°stanbul, Turkey
wow it's really nice see community actually has some very talented artists. can't wait to see your contrubitions to the project guys(and girls).

*sorry for being kind of off topic.

Re: Untitled Platformer - Artists' corner [Re: Quad] #309633
02/10/10 14:06
02/10/10 14:06
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
@Germanunkol

Yes I was under the same impression about the sister/little brother & cutting out the horror parts. I, personally, would also include the dark divinity- that way we could have the bad guy in the game and have a cool dynamic when it comes to cut-scenes.

I think those light shafts would be interesting to have in some parts of outside levels or in inside levels coming out of the windows. I also wanted to implement Shade-C.

But I think we should consider all of this step by step. We haven't yet heard from all team members what they would like to do for the project or what they think the general 2D/3D game direction should be. We haven't even made an art pipeline yet and all of this should also be checked with programming team.
I think we should all be heard and that each step should be cleared with all of us through the voting process as we are doing with first three questions. We are all important parts of the team and each voice should be as loud as the other.
There is no need to speed things up by putting too many ideas and suggestions on the table since that will always end up in hundreds of different opinions and hundreds of posts leading to nowhere. I believe that when we clear up one step we then take another smile

Page 2 of 30 1 2 3 4 29 30

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de