Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/20/24 01:28
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (kzhao, AndrewAMD, bigsmack), 824 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: darkinferno] #302779
12/22/09 02:11
12/22/09 02:11
Berlin, Germany
S
SchokoKeks Offline
User
SchokoKeks  Offline
User
S

Berlin, Germany
I'm also in for a multiplayer game, though I won't be able to commit much time. I'd also avoid a shooter game, with the same reasons as Germanunkol gave above.

A "click and go" type of game is fairly easy to programm, hack and slay action like diablo, or it could be more puzzle-oriented. It just happens that i'm currently programming a "click to walk" prototype which is developed into the MMORPG direction, but I could simply remove the login/account management code and we'd have some code to look at or even start from. I'm currently using the Anet plugin which we should not use as it's not free and we'd get into licencing issues. lets rather show what the native system can do. I've done it before in C-Script, maybe I can dust off that old code again and get it into lite-C. As said before, we could create the the basic level geometry from prefabs if its indoor, and then add details through models or decals. That's pretty much what my plan is for my current project, though tongue
you can check out my blog (see signature), but there isn't much info yet.

on the other hand: singleplayer can be a lot of fun, but telling a story can be really difficult, as we just can't compete with the AAA story titles. the game shouldn't take itself too serious.

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: SchokoKeks] #302781
12/22/09 02:47
12/22/09 02:47
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
we can keep going back and forth here, but we dont seem to be getting too far. the way it looks, we are pretty divided. everyone knows where i stand, and we all have to be willing to work on the project even if it was not our choice of projects. thats going to be the key to it, actual commitment. so, lets ask George what he thinks, and let's move ahead. i think if we look at what each of us has to offer, then decide on how our workflow should go, we should be able to knock this out in no time with minimal effort. the reality is, it's not all about AAA graphics or competing with other games, its about fun and showing 3D Gamestudios ability to make a fun game that could be commercial quality, isn't it? with the tools and the talent, we can make some great games here. look at what realspawn and spike was able to do, not to mention the great David Lancaster and mp_developer with preva, and a host of others, here is our chance!

My Famous Quotes: "Hip hop is like a virus, infecting everyone and everything around it. Every form of media has some way,shape or form, assimilated hip hop into it." It has also mutated into other strains like, trip hop, house, rap, gangster, and conscious forms. Once you are infected with it, its with you for life."
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Blink] #302784
12/22/09 02:56
12/22/09 02:56
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
I was just thinking the same thing, Blink.

George, you're the arbiter here. Everyone who's interested in this idea has already pitched their ideas, so go ahead and choose...

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Redeemer] #302787
12/22/09 06:19
12/22/09 06:19
Australia
EvilSOB Offline
Expert
EvilSOB  Offline
Expert

Australia
Choose or Poll, whatever.
Im not fussed which as long as we start going forwards...

"There is no fate but what WE make." - CEO Cyberdyne Systems Corp.
A8.30.5 Commercial
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: EvilSOB] #302794
12/22/09 08:58
12/22/09 08:58
USA
Guardian Offline
Serious User
Guardian  Offline
Serious User

USA
I thought it would be fun to do an adventure game as Odysseus or Hercules fighting the Minotaur with the maze and all those cool ancient creatures and such. Someone here did a mini back alley fighting game some time ago that was real fun to play and the Ideas of ring or cage fighting sound fun as well.

I guess what I’m getting at is what kind of game art style should we do? Dark, Light and upbeat, comic? I basically agree its time to get down to it, at least that’s my vote.

Also if this is going to be sold, it might be a good Idea to look at the marketing side of things in an equally serious way.

Just my last two cents

Guardian

Guardian

Game Models
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Guardian] #302831
12/22/09 16:08
12/22/09 16:08
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
I think we are actually getting somewhere, cause the "divided" part you mention, Blink, is, I believe, just what george was waiting for: Some ideas that crystalize out from the others. (Is that even proper english? O.o)

As for where I stand: I'll gladly help with a game even if it does not go into the direction I'd vote for.

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Germanunkol] #302840
12/22/09 17:44
12/22/09 17:44
Latvia
MTD Offline
MTD  Offline

Latvia
If it's possible to join, then I'm in (Can do what needs to be done, except producing music smile )

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

My little idea

It's a stealth + action + "puzzle" + more interesting things smile

We are 1 person, who fights for honesty in the town.
We can control up to 4 team members and give them commands what to do (alert if something is coming or something else)
There is a possibility to talk to pedestrians and maybe giving money(if he accepts the deal) give some commands what to do.
One secret person will give information to us and we will equip our team and go for the goal+(Making a plan how to do it - stealth or action)

-Demo Level
<
We need to get documents from a person in the 4th floor
There are some possibilities how to do it (During the game you can think what to do or how to mix it up)
Some of the possibilities:
- Get on the roof and by the house side get in the room
- Be a delivery boy and knock out the bad guy by a sleep pica that he will eat
- Jump from side building roof to the room where is the bad boy(your team members can help you by alarming if he is near the window or someone can ring at the door while we are jumping in the room)

And of course there comes the getaway to the bus station grin
>

That's only a rough idea wink
(Sorry if the text contains grammar errors)

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: MTD] #302864
12/22/09 22:04
12/22/09 22:04
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
I think this is a great idea and no matter what type of game you choose, with so many serious GS users involved in development, it will surely be very representable project. One thing to keep in mind is that everyone will expect, maybe not big, but surely complex game that will use all of the GS advance features. This could be GS project that gives a good impression on what can be done with A7.

My friend and me (Blade Of Power team grin ) would like to be a part of this project if you find our abilities to be sufficient. We can offer help in four segments: leveling (designing,modeling and shadowmapping), character models (designing and animating), music and sound effects.
I have uploaded the examples of our work at FileFront here:

http://www.filefront.com/15196129/Examples.zip/

In example ZIP you can find clips of animated characters from Blade Of Power, that doesn't really represents my animating abilities anymore but can be a global guideline, and one exe file: two-room level that is taken from a new project not related to Blade Of Power. This level also contains music and audio effects originally composed or recorded by my friend.

There is also important ReadMe file placed in ZIP that explains all modeling, animating and audio-related limitations.

That's all. I hope you like our work and consider us for some segment of this project. Thanx.

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Ganderoleg] #302874
12/23/09 02:06
12/23/09 02:06
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
ok, now we are pulling things together. we have modellers, scripters, and a general idea of what type of game. most seem to like the idea of a 3rd person action/adventure puzzle game(maybe when this game is completed we can step up an tackle a multiplayer project, let's crawl before we walk). and i think we should maybe combine story plots, like my idea along with other story ideas, chasing your future self through different periods in time, and add a puzzle every level that only your character can solve because your "future" self created the puzzle. add some stealth in there (we can't really be seen, can we? we might have to knock out a guard or two now and again)and some much need action(after all, your future self isn't going to want to be stopped,eh? so he will probably assume a position of power to be able to alter history), and now we have a hot game. lot's of fun, challenging puzzles, some danger, what a wild ride!

My Famous Quotes: "Hip hop is like a virus, infecting everyone and everything around it. Every form of media has some way,shape or form, assimilated hip hop into it." It has also mutated into other strains like, trip hop, house, rap, gangster, and conscious forms. Once you are infected with it, its with you for life."
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Blink] #302878
12/23/09 05:09
12/23/09 05:09
Van Buren, Ar
Gordon Offline
User
Gordon  Offline
User

Van Buren, Ar
don't forget I offered to do seamless textures.

Our new web site:Westmarch Studios
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de