by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 946 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Medieval Broad Sword [FREE] #300717
12/04/09 17:53
12/04/09 17:53
Chicago
J
Jaeger Offline OP
Jaeger  Offline OP
J

Chicago
NOTE: This is a 'copy-over' from my contribution to the Visual3D.NET community, which is an engine designed for C#/.NET. It's a wonderful engine, and I suggest you folks check it out. However, I wanted to contribute this to all the great folks here in the 3DGS community, who were very helpful when I used to work with A7. Just take it as a token of my appreciation to you all! laugh If you don't like it, fine. You don't have to use it, and there's really no need to comment. wink If you do, great, and I hope to see it make it into a successful game! And yes, I realize the textures could be better, but I'm not at all a texture artist. But they should suffice for 99% of games. If you need better textures, templates are provided.

I figured there will be a lot of games which need swords, so that's what I decided to make. This is medium poly, and is just at 1728 tris. Definitely not too heavy, and not too low. You should be able to easily reduce or even smooth and further refine it to fit any specialized needs you might have.

[EDIT: Forgot to mention, I provided a skinning template for each part of the sword. It includes a .tga file of the UV edges, faces, and a "mask", which surrounds the UV coordinates to help you make neat, orderly looking skins. No coloring over the lines like in Kindergarten! Lol!]

Here are a few different renders I made of the sword:

This asset is totally FREE and CLEAR for all of you to use. That is, so long as you follow the simple terms provided in the license.txt file. Just to give you a brief idea of what the terms mean, "Don't rip people off who try to help", lol. I want people to enjoy it, and I hope to see it end up in at least one successful project. What I DON'T want to see is some clown trying to sell it on Turbosquid for beer money, lol. I'm sure you understand. If you see any flaw in the simple license or have questions, please ask. I DON'T want to restrict your project at all.

Have fun, and may the force be with you. Here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?55wuiukhndo

Enjoy!

P.S.- If you need anything extra for this (i.e., normal maps, specular maps, etc), feel free to ask!

Additional note: I intended for this sword to be realistic in design. It is modeled after a REAL sword I own, which is a modern remake of a knight's sword. It's NOT a "wall-hanger", but made of authentic materials and by a real blacksmith (a guy with a coal furnace and a big hammer). grin

Re: Medieval Broad Sword [FREE] [Re: Jaeger] #300740
12/04/09 19:44
12/04/09 19:44
E
Erick_Castro Offline
Erick_Castro  Offline
E

i deleted the link because i dont have animated weapons for FPS game
i asked for someone to help me with that. But nobody answer me about that
i only have three animated weapons.

i think if some one of you decide to help me designing a good world
and designing objets or characters i could concentrate my efforts in the
programming part. I think teamwork is the answer to advance in the knowledge of this excellent software.

Teamwork, friends.

Re: Medieval Broad Sword [FREE] [Re: Erick_Castro] #300769
12/05/09 00:20
12/05/09 00:20
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
That's a nice broadsword there, Jaeger.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: Medieval Broad Sword [FREE] [Re: Redeemer] #300793
12/05/09 12:17
12/05/09 12:17
Lübeck
Slin Offline
Expert
Slin  Offline
Expert

Lübeck
Very nice model, some normal and spec maps would actually be very cool wink

Moderated by  adoado, checkbutton, mk_1, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de