by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Ayumi), 1,405 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
THIS is how you immerse a player [cod4mw[SPOILER]] #297416
11/07/09 12:35
11/07/09 12:35
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline OP
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
DO NOT WATCH THIS IS YOU KNOW YOUR GONNA BUY MODERNWARFARE 2 AND WANNA EXPERIENCE IT ALL BY YOURSELF OR HATE VIOLENT SCENES

-please also notice the disturbing content warning-

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxdZyGGE3T8[/video]

this is the terrorist mission from cod4 modern warefare 2...

my first comments, i think this mission is the most bad assed mission in any game yet, you like the mission, but you dont like whats happening, you actually DONT want to shoot... but you also do know its a game..

i played it and my thoughts while playing were:
-damn these guys are badasses
-i respect infinity ward for pulling off the feel of what crime is, too many games make it feel like a joke

what i also felt:
-damn, this is an airport
-its like killing someones mom/dad/brother/sister [its not a FUN mission but its a good mission]
-it makes you feel an hatred towards the team of terrorists

now some ppl can and will find this offensive and am here to flame you ass if you cant make a good comment as to why you dont like it wink

also, before you comment to say this is a bad scene, just make sure you say the same for the GTA series...

games do alot of civilian shooting but this game makes you actually feel like your doing something that you dont want to

[MAKAROV]

Last edited by darkinferno; 11/08/09 19:30.
Re: THIS is how you immerse a player [cod4mw[SPOILER]] [Re: darkinferno] #297422
11/07/09 13:22
11/07/09 13:22
NRW/Germany
alibaba Offline
Expert
alibaba  Offline
Expert

NRW/Germany
Yes i am fully agrred with you darkinferno.. O.o this is like... you do it really... or something. its really scary.. everyone is crying and you shoot all them down... boah this is horrible. and the allies are walking chilled and shoot everyone down.. that let me think twice about the terrorsm.

Professional Edition
A8.47.1
--------------------
http://www.yueklet.de
Re: THIS is how you immerse a player [cod4mw[SPOILER]] [Re: alibaba] #297424
11/07/09 13:43
11/07/09 13:43
Germany, Passau
AlexDeloy Offline
AlexDeloy  Offline

Germany, Passau
immersive indeed but how did you play it when global release is next tuesday ?

Re: THIS is how you immerse a player [cod4mw[SPOILER]] [Re: alibaba] #297426
11/07/09 14:02
11/07/09 14:02
T
the_clown Offline
User
the_clown  Offline
User
T

Originally Posted By: alibaba
Yes i am fully agrred with you darkinferno.. O.o this is like... you do it really... or something. its really scary.. everyone is crying and you shoot all them down... boah this is horrible. and the allies are walking chilled and shoot everyone down.. that let me think twice about the terrorsm.

Wouldnt recommend you to play it anyway, alibaba - there's a reason why its rated 18+...
However, it really is disturbing.
Lets ME think twice about playing it...

Last edited by the_clown; 11/07/09 14:02.
Re: THIS is how you immerse a player [cod4mw[SPOILER]] [Re: AlexDeloy] #297427
11/07/09 14:05
11/07/09 14:05
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline OP
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
Originally Posted By: AlexDeloy
immersive indeed but how did you play it when global release is next tuesday ?
went to an arcade, they had it on xbox, idc how they got it.. paid fa half an hour then yup..

Re: THIS is how you immerse a player [cod4mw[SPOILER]] [Re: darkinferno] #297428
11/07/09 14:21
11/07/09 14:21
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
I hope it's more disturbing to play than it was to watch.

Jibb

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: THIS is how you immerse a player [cod4mw[SPOILER]] [Re: AlexDeloy] #297429
11/07/09 14:36
11/07/09 14:36
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

I think Dark Inferno has got a non official copy !

But no games or movies, will bring you what you can really feel in a real situation ! Where you're in danger everywhere, where every second is lot more intense than just playing with your mouse behind your monitor laugh !
Or the horror of war you can see in real !

I hope Modern Warfare 2 to be fun , i don't want it to turn in a game make you have bad feelings or in a war horror documentary , there is movies and videos for that!

Have they forgotten the game goal was to be a fun game with fun gameplay not documentary or morale game !
This is not the type of scenes that will make me want to buy it; so why putting them ?
They want to make people aware of horror War ? make a movie instead, but let the game to be fun first of all.

Last edited by ratchet; 11/07/09 14:43.
Re: THIS is how you immerse a player [cod4mw[SPOILER]] [Re: ratchet] #297431
11/07/09 14:59
11/07/09 14:59
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline OP
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
Originally Posted By: ratchet
I think Dark Inferno has got a non official copy !

But no games or movies, will bring you what you can really feel in a real situation ! Where you're in danger everywhere, where every second is lot more intense than just playing with your mouse behind your monitor laugh !
Or the horror of war you can see in real !

I hope Modern Warfare 2 to be fun , i don't want it to turn in a game make you have bad feelings or in a war horror documentary , there is movies and videos for that!

Have they forgotten the game goal was to be a fun game with fun gameplay not documentary or morale game !
This is not the type of scenes that will make me want to buy it; so why putting them ?
They want to make people aware of horror War ? make a movie instead, but let the game to be fun first of all.

now, first of all, i dont know whats with that, I THINK DARK INFERNO HAS AN UNOFFICIAL COPY statement, i have no time to be playing games, i have my project working on, secondly, how would me lying about playing it at a game arcade benefit me in any way whatsoever?

and umm, yes, games should be fun but WAR isnt FUN, games shouldnt make war seem fun, if you are doing an unrealistic shooter, then sure, stuff as much fun elements in it as possible, if your making a shooter and using the REAL WORLD we live in, talking aout real soldiers and events then its disgusting to make it "fun"

war must feel tense, emotional, noone said it was a fun mission, noone will ever say it was a fun mission, it wasnt made to be fun..

so you want modern warfare to be a fun war game where you shoot mindless waves of enemies? umm.. sure

and games should aim for realistic graphics but not try to capture player emotions?

i'm tired of games where you run around shooting mindless enemies, COD gave the option to skip the mission, we know no game will ever make you feel like in the actual situation, so, does that mean they musnt try?

Re: THIS is how you immerse a player [cod4mw[SPOILER]] [Re: darkinferno] #297432
11/07/09 15:09
11/07/09 15:09
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
Originally Posted By: darkinferno

i played it and my thoughts while playing were:
-damn these guys are badasses
-i respect infinity ward for pulling off the feel of what crime is, too many games make it feel like a joke

what i also felt:
-damn, this is an airport
-its like killing someones mom/dad/brother/sister [its not a FUN mission but its a good mission]
-it makes you feel an hatred towards the team of terrorists

The base of your feelings are healthy relationships to your family and social environment.
What about people who don't have a firm and healthy base of their feelings like you? (What about people who instead actually hate their parents and social environment - and maybe, have good reason to do so?)
I don't know why the game making companies think that they have to provide violence in _all_ variations.

Re: THIS is how you immerse a player [cod4mw[SPOILER]] [Re: Pappenheimer] #297436
11/07/09 15:17
11/07/09 15:17
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline OP
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline OP
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
Originally Posted By: Pappenheimer
What about people who don't have a firm and healthy base of their feelings like you? (What about people who instead actually hate their parents and social environment - and maybe, have good reason to do so?)

i TOTALLY understand your comment, but what am saying, its best they stop making realistic like war games all together rather than making war games where you shoot meaningless dumb ai.. one man going around picking off 999 ai enemies, war is nothing like that..

the option to skip this mission is possible and yet everyone so far sits through it..

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  checkbutton, mk_1 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de