Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, ozgur, AbrahamR, wdlmaster), 849 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
would you take somebody in a wheelchair as partner? #278362
07/13/09 09:57
07/13/09 09:57
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline OP
Expert
sPlKe  Offline OP
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
i assume that, if your current partner has an accident and needs a wheelchair, you wont leave him/her. i wouldnt.
no. this question is, would you take somebody as partner that is in a wheelchair when you meet him/her?

lets say, that woman/man is everything you ever hoped to be, but he/she sits in a wheelchair for the rest of her/his life.
everythign below the waist is dead.
he/she needs diapers, and you can never have sex with him/her because of that situation.
would you still take him/her?

i thought of this while watching columbo. at first i thought that wouldnt be a problem for me, but then i realized what that meant. complete restructure of living place. complete restructure of life style. cuddling together, bathing ect, everything becomes rather hard to do. even if the person wouldnt need diapers and could have sex, its hard.
think of it. moving, shopping, even trivial things like watching a movie gets harder without using your feet.
i came to the conclusion that no, i would not take that person as partner.

please, this is not about your current partner. dont talk about love and stuff. you just recently met that person. there is no love yet. this is about if youd allow it to become love.... dont talk about your current partner. and think of it. dont just write...

Last edited by sPlKe; 07/13/09 11:23.
Re: would you take somebody in a wheelchair as partner? [Re: sPlKe] #278365
07/13/09 10:21
07/13/09 10:21
Damocles_ Offline
Expert
Damocles_  Offline
Expert

Maybe people will answer differently to what they promise to do, than
what they would actually do in this case.

I doubt that most people would answer truthfully on that.
(you actually did state you would not want to, but
I suppose many would say: of course!, cause of love, dedication etc.. etc..)

Re: would you take somebody in a wheelchair as partner? [Re: Damocles_] #278372
07/13/09 11:07
07/13/09 11:07
take me down to the paradise c...
Cowabanga Offline
Expert
Cowabanga  Offline
Expert

take me down to the paradise c...
Why not?? Aren't they humans like us??

Re: would you take somebody in a wheelchair as partner? [Re: Cowabanga] #278374
07/13/09 11:09
07/13/09 11:09
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
Yes I would.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: would you take somebody in a wheelchair as partner? [Re: Joozey] #278386
07/13/09 12:44
07/13/09 12:44
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
i dont see a reason why not. life is a mess anyway, be greatful that you have found someone you want to share it with. its a gift and not a punishment!
and then it doesnt matter if your partner is handicapped, green or a lakers fan.

i go with the famous chinese saying: Its love, idiot!

and since i cant decide or pick who i am falling in love with, its not my choice anyway. brain has to shut up when the heart speaks wink

cheese

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: would you take somebody in a wheelchair as partner? [Re: Blattsalat] #278526
07/14/09 10:48
07/14/09 10:48
A
alpha_strike Offline
Serious User
alpha_strike  Offline
Serious User
A

Interesting question...

If I would talk in the "german tax law" speech,
I would say "es ist eine Einzelfallenscheidung".

It depends deeply on the life structure of "every special single" individuum.
For somebody who loves outdoor sports, parties, gang bangs, life on the move it would be a very hard decision.

Could he loose or change his life for somebody else in a wheelchair?

The question is simply...
Is the given worth for chainging identity high enough? Love could be.

The majority want to see a rhetorical, ethical
statement in this point. But I think, it would be much easier to think like nature would do.

Because if you think there is something which give us ethical mind, this ethic is even a law for nature.

It makes no sense to n o t kill what you kill, even a mind about something what kill your identity.

Donīt get me wrong - killing your identity is not bringing your identity to a higher level.

Me personal. No, I would / want not change my life.

Re: would you take somebody in a wheelchair as partner? [Re: sPlKe] #278544
07/14/09 12:14
07/14/09 12:14
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:
i assume that, if your current partner has an accident and needs a wheelchair, you wont leave him/her. i wouldnt.

When I'm dead honest I probably would leave my girlfriend if she would end up in a wheelchair. I wouldn't blame anyone leaving me if I would end up in a wheelchair either.

It would hugely limit and impact my life so much that I probably wouldn't be able to really deal with it. Let alone the fact that it would obviously feel like having lost someone. Obviously the person isn't the same as before, even though it would initially change nothing when it comes to love.

I think that if I would ever end up in a wheelchair, I would probably try to search for a new love who is also in a wheelchair. After all, they would understand best how life is changed in such cases.

Really, I wouldn't even want my healthy girlfriend to suffer from the fact that I am not as I used to be anymore. For someone in a relationship ending up in a wheelchair is probably worse than dying. It feels wrong to leave them, but it feels wrong to stick around too.

Quote:
lets say, that woman/man is everything you ever hoped to be, but he/she sits in a wheelchair for the rest of her/his life.
everythign below the waist is dead.
he/she needs diapers, and you can never have sex with him/her because of that situation.
would you still take him/her?

Hmm for me it's a contradiction in itself, as I wouldn't want someone that's in a wheelchair for the rest of her life. My answer would be no.

Quote:
The majority want to see a rhetorical, ethical
statement in this point. But I think, it would be much easier to think like nature would do.

Yup, but life isn't this simple when it comes to the moments where people do fall in love and this sort of things happen. I think people should get over the fact that certain things just wouldn't really work with idealistic, ethically correctness in mind. It shouldn't be shocking when I say I wouldn't ever engage in a serious relationship with someone in a wheelchair. Friendships are fine for sure and it's not like I do not what to interact with them in a normal way.

But in fact, there are many kinds of people I wouldn't ever want a relationship with. So ethical or not, making choices or having preferences isn't really the same as discriminating. People often forget that.

Quote:
and then it doesnt matter if your partner is handicapped, green or a lakers fan.

Being Lakers fan or being handicapped is hardly comparable.

Being in a wheelchair is more comparable to say someone who misses one eye and one leg or perhaps comparable to when someone has got some kind of syndrome.

You can't tell me that anyone would seriously consider a relationship with someone with the Down syndrome.

Quote:
i go with the famous chinese saying: Its love, idiot!

Very good saying, but it still doesn't really change someone's initial preferences when it comes to what someone considers extremely important things. Falling in love isn't as random as some people seem to believe.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: would you take somebody in a wheelchair as partner? [Re: PHeMoX] #278598
07/14/09 15:06
07/14/09 15:06
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
i state that you can not chose who you like or dislike. you can ruin love but you can not force it, or chose it, or change it for yourself.

you pick your partners based on comfort. this has nothing to to with ethical or not.
its just easier for you, thats all.
this might make life and relationship easier but for sure it doesnt make it better or happier.

if you exclude persons just because they dont match any fake and exchangable criteria you set up, you will miss a lot in live and in love.

viewing it from this point not the wheelchair is the handicap but someones attitude and mind.

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: would you take somebody in a wheelchair as partner? [Re: Blattsalat] #278610
07/14/09 17:48
07/14/09 17:48
S
Shadow969 Offline
User
Shadow969  Offline
User
S

most likely not.

Re: would you take somebody in a wheelchair as partner? [Re: alpha_strike] #278613
07/14/09 18:32
07/14/09 18:32
Ohio, U.S.A.
PigHunter Offline
PigHunter  Offline

Ohio, U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: alpha_strike
For somebody who loves outdoor sports, parties, gang bangs, life on the move it would be a very hard decision.

Hilarious!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de