Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Blobsculptor tools and objects download here
by NeoDumont. 03/28/24 03:01
Issue with Multi-Core WFO Training
by aliswee. 03/24/24 20:20
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by Edgar_Herrera. 03/23/24 21:41
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 03/06/24 09:27
VSCode instead of SED
by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (degenerate_762), 1,098 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 2
Page 38 of 67 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 66 67
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Lukas] #241171
12/14/08 20:40
12/14/08 20:40
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
@smitty:

"We have Moses and the prophets"
"because God not man revealed it to me"

Once you claim Moses and the prophets revealed god, then you said that god himself did it.

Btw did god ever reveal himself to people who did not hear of him before? No. This imagination. They read the bible and imaginized that god was talking "through the soul" or whatever.

"You have much more to lose than me."
I'm richer that you and I could lose more money to the curch? laugh

(Funny btw that you are trying to convince me with a quote from someone who has the same name as me (Lukas = Luke in English) xD)

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Dan Silverman] #241172
12/14/08 20:42
12/14/08 20:42
Virginia, USA
Dan Silverman Offline
Senior Expert
Dan Silverman  Offline
Senior Expert

Virginia, USA
Quote:
My first bible inconsistence bases on the fact that there were no lightbulps yet. And such a placeholder light like in a modelling program sounds strange for me.

For fun, let's remove lightbulbs from the equation. What is "light"? Can light be derived from, say, energy that is released? Do we need a sun for this? So, if we assume the Bible story is true, then could not God have released some form of energy in the form of light and later replaced this general light with more specific ones (sun and stars)?

I am just having fun with this, mind you, but it is not really a Bible contradiction. People may not believe it, but that is different than a contradiction.

And, concerning modeling applications: this is how they work. If, for example, you start up 3D Studio MAX, you can see everything in your view port. If you create a sphere, for example, you can see it even if you have not added a light to the scene. Why? Well, if there were no general light illuminating everything then you could not see what you were making and this would force you to create a light source first. This general lighting is not very good. It does not cast shadows or do nice highlights and the like. So, you add a few lights later to make your scene look realistic.

Professional 2D, 3D and Real-Time 3D Content Creation:
HyperGraph Studios
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Dan Silverman] #241174
12/14/08 20:48
12/14/08 20:48
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
Hmm Dan, I think you became atheist. Then if you disagree, could you show me an example of a REAL bible inconsistence?

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Dan Silverman] #241175
12/14/08 20:50
12/14/08 20:50
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

God created a perfect world. He gave man free will. Man chose to sin. That is where evil comes from.

Mr. Silverman, I am not getting into any discussions with you about the bible. For 18 years you claimed you were a believer and taught the word of God. God will hold you even more accountable for being a false teacher.

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: smitty] #241176
12/14/08 20:55
12/14/08 20:55
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
Originally Posted By: smitty
God created a perfect world. He gave man free will. Man chose to sin. That is where evil comes from.

Then why is there suffering? And don't say because of sins because catastrophes where many innocent people die aren't caused by sins.

Originally Posted By: smitty
Mr. Silverman, I am not getting into any discussions with you about the bible. For 18 years you claimed you were a believer and taught the word of God. God will hold you even more accountable for being a false teacher.

He told that he really did believe in god, but then found out the truth. He did not lie.

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: smitty] #241177
12/14/08 20:58
12/14/08 20:58
Virginia, USA
Dan Silverman Offline
Senior Expert
Dan Silverman  Offline
Senior Expert

Virginia, USA
Quote:
Hmm Dan, I think you became atheist. Then if you disagree, could you show me an example of a REAL bible inconsistence?

I never claimed to be an atheist. I just claimed to not believe the Bible to be true. However, I want to be fair. I have seen too many slam the Bible and it seems obvious that they don't know what they are talking about (and I am not talking about anyone here on this forum).

Quote:

Well, that is an interesting statement. So I cannot say anything about the Bible. My views are completely invalidated because I no longer believe the Bible to be true. That is indeed interesting and very telling, if I do say so myself.

If that is the case, then I will just send my posts to someone else on this forum, like Lukas smile , and let him post them. Then you can answer him wink .

You know, whether you believe what I have to say or not is not the issue here. You stated something as fact that you cannot substantiate from the Bible or anywhere else. What you stated as a fact was a belief. You believe in seven dispensations, which is the typical dispensational teaching. I don't have to be a believer in the Bible to talk about this, by the way. But this belief (in seven dispensations) is not widely held among those claiming the title of Christian.

HyperGraph Studios
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Lukas] #241178
12/14/08 20:59
12/14/08 20:59
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

God used Moses and the prophets to write His word. The Holy Spirit is the One who reveals the truth of His word to us. smile Yes, God will reveal Himself to anyone who truly seeks Him. I did not understand the scriptures until I accepted Christ as my Saviour and was born again and sealed with the Holy Spirit. I don't have much money, and I really do not care. I don't know how much you have, and I really do not care. Yes, it is ironic that you have the same name as Luke.

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Dan Silverman] #241179
12/14/08 21:00
12/14/08 21:00
Virginia, USA
Dan Silverman Offline
Senior Expert
Dan Silverman  Offline
Senior Expert

Virginia, USA
Quote:
He told that he really did believe in god, but then found out the truth. He did not lie.

To be fair, Lukas, he did not say (here) that I was lying. He only said that I "claimed" I was a believer. That claim is true. I did claim this and I did believe it. I also acted on those beliefs. I no longer believe this way. That is also true. Changing one's beliefs does not make one a liar. I once believed that there was a Santa Claus that brought presents down my chimney. I stopped believing that as I grew older and no one claimed I was a liar for the first so many years of my life.

HyperGraph Studios
Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Dan Silverman] #241182
12/14/08 21:08
12/14/08 21:08
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

Yes, Christians disagree on many things, and as usual you are just trying sidestep the most important issues: Is God dead? Which you said He never was alive. Is the bible true? Which you say you no longer believe. Is Jesus Christ Jehovah God and the Saviour of mankind? You obviously do not believe that any more either. You said you believed all these things for 18 years and taught them and now you say you do not believe them. I say you never did believe them. It is a known fact that you have lied about this and other things. You have no credibility as far as I am concerned.

Re: Q: Should creationism be taught in shools? -- A: YES! [Re: Lukas] #241184
12/14/08 21:13
12/14/08 21:13
S
smitty Offline
smitty  Offline
S

suffering is a result of sin. There was no suffering until Adam disobeyed God and sin entered the world. Why does God allow it? My guess is to bring us to Him. I know that Mr. Silverman has lied about things.

Page 38 of 67 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 66 67

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite