by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (vicknick, 7th_zorro, 1 invisible), 890 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Re: Humble Bee Island [Re: sinnlos] #103597
12/29/06 16:14
12/29/06 16:14
Antwerp,Belgium
frazzle Offline
Expert
Happy Birthday frazzle  Offline
Expert

Antwerp,Belgium
Nice level design sinnlos
But what's the poly count ??

Cheers

Frazzle

Antec® Case
Intel® X58 Chipset
Intel® i7 975 Quad Core
8 GB RAM DDR3
SSD OCZ®-VERTEX2 3.5 x4 ; HD 600 GB
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 295 Memory 1795GB
Re: Humble Bee Island [Re: frazzle] #103598
12/29/06 16:29
12/29/06 16:29
Switzerland - Zurich
sinnlos Offline
sinnlos  Offline

Switzerland - Zurich
70k polys... with the plants counted in which u dont see on the rendering above...
aiming for about 100-120k polys inclusive plants and grass

Re: Humble Bee Island [Re: sinnlos] #103599
12/29/06 16:43
12/29/06 16:43
Europe
ShoreVietam Offline
Expert
ShoreVietam  Offline
Expert

Europe
Hey that's really neat, nice peaceful scenery.

My project Schlacht um Kyoto - Das Samurai Browsergame! (sorry, german only)
Re: Humble Bee Island [Re: ShoreVietam] #103600
01/02/07 16:46
01/02/07 16:46
Switzerland - Zurich
zwecklos Offline OP
zwecklos  Offline OP

Switzerland - Zurich
Heya there,
I think we were too optimistic about releasing a demo this week.
The multyplayer takes more time than expected.

so we thought, we make a little video of what we've got right now. In order to make you guys horny for the demo

Download here (AVI, zipped 70MB)

The demo itself will comming soon (approximately in 2 weeks).

We've planned to do something like this:
- single player mode (Race through gates with checkpoints)
- multy player mode (death-match air-combat)

Have you any other ideas for games, which you could implement into this scenery?
We looking forward to your ideas. Please feel free to post any suggestions.

cheers

Useless & Senseless
(Zwecklos & Sinnlos)

Re: Humble Bee Island [Re: zwecklos] #103601
01/02/07 18:25
01/02/07 18:25
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
well... games... HAven´t seen yet the video, right now downloading. 1min 22seconds...

Hmmm... Strange music. Game modes, death match, team death match, capture the flower, flower breeding*, last be(e) flying, KotHh*, honey masters*, bee boom*

*flower breeding: A big flower in the center of the map produces from time to time spores. The players can collect these spores and must bring it to their base. If a spore carrier gets shot by an opponent she drops the spore. They have to drop the spore over their base (by pressing the drop button or flying close over the base ground. After 10seconds the spore becomes a seed and so it gets a point for that player and can´t be stolen. The first player who gets 3 seeds(points) wins. While the spore isn´t a seed it can be stolen from the players base so he has to defend it. The bases and the big flower are all close together, not too far away from each other.

*King of the Honey hill (needs teams): On top of a rock or hill or roof or something a physic item gets placed. Team A has to keep it on top of the building the opponent team B has to get it down. The longer the game lasts the less fiction the physic item gets. As soon as it drops to the ground the round is over and the teams switch positions. Now team B must keep it on top as long as they needed to get it down when team A was defending it. The physic item could be a honey filled Bienenwabe.

*Honey masters (needs teams 4vs4 or something): Flowers are spread over the island. Each team has one mainbuilding at start. The bees have to fly to the flowers and collect honey and bring it to the mainbuilding. There they can buy buildings, units and weapons. The team whos main building or players gets destroyed loses.
Buyable stuff:
Buildings: defence buildings A,B,C
defence building A, shoots semi fast big balls towards the enemy (only fast and not close bees can avoid getting hit)
defence building B, shoots explosive balls towards the enemy (ball explodes where the bee was when the ball was shot or when it hits something)
defence building C, shoots fast tranquilizer spores (enemy, gets slower and his view gets blurred or something)
Weapons:
Units (different Insects which are locked to the main bee):
Moskito - shoots into the direction in which the bee is shooting like a machine gun medium small balls
Bee Drone - (armor)
small Bug - shoots in the direction the Player bee is shooting, explosive small balls
other small Bug - shoots towards opponent when it gets shot
big Bug - like a drop bomg, damages everything around it in a huge area, can be detonated by the player, the closer something is the more damage, espacially useful to destroy the opponents main building
Hornet - shoots homing missles which slightly move towards the enemy

*bee boom (multiply players needed, must be played inside the house, with some obstacles): Game starts like death match. BUT when the first players health drops to 0 he becomes a bee bomber. But no one knows who it is except the one who is the bee bomber (and maybe the one who shot him, but he can´t be sure because everyone was shooting everyone). Now no one can get shot anymore and all have to run away from each other because they don´t know who will detonte. They all just hear the countdown while the bomber is hunting/sneaking into them until he detonates. After the countdown is over all can shoot again till the next countdown starts (the next player is hit to 0 hp). If someone got hit by the detonated bee his hp gets lower. If it should get to 0 the next countdown starts. If multiple bees get their hp to 0 by the detonation they are all explosive bees and detonate at 0. The last bee who survives wins the round.

*bee boom 2: in this mode the explosive bees are visible. They spread spark particles and glow or make a noise or something.

:L
Re: Humble Bee Island [Re: EX Citer] #103602
01/03/07 14:58
01/03/07 14:58
Switzerland - Zurich
sinnlos Offline
sinnlos  Offline

Switzerland - Zurich
Thx for the nice ideas.
We definatly will have a closer look on them.

we especially like the bee bomb idea (humble bomble bee)

cheers

Sinnlos

Re: Humble Bee Island [Re: sinnlos] #103603
01/04/07 10:17
01/04/07 10:17
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
Looks great!!

I like those ideas Ex citer had ...

My idea:
Suicide mode:
Bees die when they sting someone once, right? You could have a game mode where the goal is stinging the opponent. Then you die too, but you win anyways ...
just an idea... if you're using bees maybe you should use their real weapon, stinging someone, as well as others...:)

Uhm... one thing I noticed: When you fly through the broken glass or through other small holes like the fence, the camera goes into the fence etc for a short time, showing only some polygons...
Maybe you can do something like camera collision, it would be great.
Also, I'd change the shading of the bee a bit. The surrounding is a bit darker than the bee, it looks a tiny bit to bright an perfect for my taste... that's just my opinion though...

Other than that: Looking great! I like the island... looks very cool
And the game idea's great as well^^

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Re: Humble Bee Island [Re: Germanunkol] #103604
01/04/07 10:45
01/04/07 10:45
Switzerland - Zurich
zwecklos Offline OP
zwecklos  Offline OP

Switzerland - Zurich
THX Germanunkol,
The suicide-mode would also bring a lot of fun I think
I especially like the idea of stinging down your buddies in Multyplayer-mode

Camera-Collision is already implemented in the latest version and yes you are right, the shading of the bee and of some plants need a little overwork.

thx again for your input it is a great help to hear other opinions from people that are not involved in the project.

cheers

zwecki

Re: Humble Bee Island [Re: zwecklos] #103605
01/04/07 11:05
01/04/07 11:05
broozar Offline
Expert
broozar  Offline
Expert

i'd sooo love to see the video, but 70 MB is much too heavy. won't it be possible to scale it down to, say, 30? thanks.

Re: Humble Bee Island [Re: broozar] #103606
01/04/07 11:33
01/04/07 11:33
Switzerland - Zurich
zwecklos Offline OP
zwecklos  Offline OP

Switzerland - Zurich
Hi DaBroOzar,
We have a problem finding a good compression. We are using Cinepak Codec by radius. Its the best compression we've found so far, it safes a bunch of MB without loosing too much quality.

Do you or any other fellows knowing a better compressor? Would be great if we could crunch down the video some more

cheers

PS We will put the video on google or youtube in a couple of days.

zwecki

Last edited by zwecklos; 01/04/07 11:35.
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de