Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by EternallyCurious. 04/25/24 10:20
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/24/24 20:04
M1 Oversampling
by Petra. 04/24/24 10:34
Zorro FIX plugin - Experimental
by flink. 04/21/24 07:12
Scripts not found
by juergen_wue. 04/20/24 18:51
zorro 64bit command line support
by 7th_zorro. 04/20/24 10:06
StartWeek not working as it should
by jcl. 04/20/24 08:38
folder management functions
by VoroneTZ. 04/17/24 06:52
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, SBGuy, Petra), 801 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea
19048 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: The Bible Mystery: Solved [Re: Irish_Farmer] #100827
12/12/06 01:43
12/12/06 01:43
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

I'm not specifically sure what you mean by 'church'. I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, I literally am not sure what you mean. Do you mean churches like church on the corner? Or the church as a whole, which just includes a metaphysical binding of all believers? Or the corporate existence of an entire church, ie the Catholic Church?

I meant Church, as in the 'institutions' throughout history (which obviously wasn't always the same). A bit depending on which part of history you're looking at, the Church as an institution has always very much influenced people.

In the old days it has been easy to take advantage of people who couldn't read, but it's also quite impossible to let people know what's in texts when you don't explain it to them. Thus as for the biblical message itself, Churches may not be that bad, however e.g. the 'donation box' (especially in the past) made certain Churches very very rich. Now where does that fit in with the biblical message?

Quote:

I did a quick search, and all I could find were sites outlining the debate between people who think any translation besides the KJV was written by Satan, and people who don't think that.

Okey, I'll see if I can find some articles for you on this. I'm starting to doubt a little bit though, perhaps I've read about it in a book or magazine instead, I tend to use all kinds of sources, which kinda makes it dangerous to claim 'articles can be found everywhere on the net', but I'd expect a handful at least.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: The Bible Mystery: Solved [Re: PHeMoX] #100828
12/15/06 00:19
12/15/06 00:19
Wisconsin
Irish_Farmer Offline
User
Irish_Farmer  Offline
User

Wisconsin
Quote:

I meant Church, as in the 'institutions' throughout history (which obviously wasn't always the same). A bit depending on which part of history you're looking at, the Church as an institution has always very much influenced people.

In the old days it has been easy to take advantage of people who couldn't read, but it's also quite impossible to let people know what's in texts when you don't explain it to them. Thus as for the biblical message itself, Churches may not be that bad, however e.g. the 'donation box' (especially in the past) made certain Churches very very rich. Now where does that fit in with the biblical message?

The catholic church, for instance, has gotten rich off of scaring people with their unbiblical doctrines of things like pergatory and so on.

But yeah, there are people out their who use the religious nature of the human species to their profitable advantage. John Popper (sp) comes to mind. As well as Benny Hinn.

I don't think its necessarily bad for a church to collect money, as long as they use it for missions, or helping needy, or building up their church to support the congregation and so on. But you're right, the greediness of certain charlatans has been an unfortunate consequence of many christians being, more or less, 'mindless.'

Quote:

Okey, I'll see if I can find some articles for you on this. I'm starting to doubt a little bit though, perhaps I've read about it in a book or magazine instead, I tend to use all kinds of sources, which kinda makes it dangerous to claim 'articles can be found everywhere on the net', but I'd expect a handful at least.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind reading on that. I can see some things, while studying the bible, that some people might object to. So I may already know what your sources are going to discuss. We'll see.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."
Re: The Bible Mystery [Re: jcl] #100829
02/22/07 14:00
02/22/07 14:00
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
ill bring back another topic:
adam and eve...

so they got two sons, who got themselves two women and...
wait...
what women? their mother?
no cant be incest is forbidden by god...

maybe eve had two daughters? ah.. inces is forbidden by god...

so the only conclusion is: they had sex with lilim, (children of lilith, first wife of adam who was kicked out of the paradise, google for her) who were demons, thus they created BAD people...

and this is stade where in teh bible??? nowhere? how come?-.-

Re: The Bible Mystery [Re: sPlKe] #100830
02/22/07 18:11
02/22/07 18:11
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
In a pure biological way, the bible has a problem anyways, since they define them as 'the first humans'.
The transition from asexual to sexual reproduction is what counts here, that transition has taken place way way way earlier than when the human species evolved into the ape-like creatures 'we' once were. It's questionable wether asexual reproduction (hermaphrodites) actually commit acts of incest (lol take snails as an example) , still when Adam and Eve (and Lilith lol) were just like us, then this probably wouldn't be relevant at all since they already were reproducing non-asexual for probably millions of years (you know, the pre-human species).

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: The Bible Mystery [Re: PHeMoX] #100831
02/22/07 21:39
02/22/07 21:39
Frankfurt
jcl Offline OP

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline OP

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
The usual (fundamentalist) answer on this is that Adam had also daughters that were just not mentioned in the bible. They interbred.

Re: The Bible Mystery [Re: jcl] #100832
02/22/07 22:24
02/22/07 22:24
Finland
Inestical Offline
Rabbit Developer
Inestical  Offline
Rabbit Developer

Finland
There is (at least) one mention of interbredding, man's two daughters (later born moabis and ammons) made their father drink wine and then had sex with him.

First Moses - 19:31-38

"Yesterday was once today's tomorrow."
Re: The Bible Mystery [Re: Inestical] #100833
02/23/07 00:45
02/23/07 00:45
Wisconsin
Irish_Farmer Offline
User
Irish_Farmer  Offline
User

Wisconsin
Yeah, brothers and sisters would have had to marry at first.

The anti-incest law God created wasn't a 'universal' law, per se. It was a law that was meant to be followed AFTER it was given. Likely, it was meant to protect people against the accumulation of harmful mutations or something along those lines.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite