by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (dr_panther, 7th_zorro), 1,203 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Develop a 3 level racing game like(racer demo) [Re: Carloos] #78539
06/20/06 20:08
06/20/06 20:08
Brazil
Carloos Offline
User
Carloos  Offline
User

Brazil

You must supply all well commented source code, all design files including comments and compiling instruction. I will compile the source myself and test functionality.

I expect a draft demo within a week.

Within two weeks I should have minimum of 2 levels completed with most functionality

Within 3 weeks I must have all 3 levels with all functionality including split screen.

Within 4 weeks all bugs, problem, issues reported must be fixed.

Must supply all art and source code every week so I can compile and test myself.

All payment will be provided at the end of the project with all deliverables supplied. But if I see excellent progress within 2 weeks I will release some payment so we are on good terms.

________________________________________________________________________________

You must be joking.

Re: Develop a 3 level racing game like(racer demo) [Re: Carloos] #78540
06/22/06 21:30
06/22/06 21:30
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

All payment will be provided at the end of the project with all deliverables supplied. But if I see excellent progress within 2 weeks I will release some payment so we are on good terms.

Sure you will ... This smells funny or is it just me ... ? Apart from that, the timeframe is highly unreasonable, unless you want us to make a 2D racing game ...

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Develop a 3 level racing game like(racer demo) [Re: Carloos] #78541
06/22/06 22:36
06/22/06 22:36
U.S.
Nadester Offline

Expert
Nadester  Offline

Expert

U.S.
I agree with Ventilator. You can't really get this done with one person at the quality you want. If you increase the budget a little bit, my team and I could get it done in that amount of time specified. But it would take fulltime work, and for only $1000, we can't really live on that between 2-3 people for a month. If you're interested though, email me surrealeric_at_gmail_com.

Edit: Also, my team works at 10% up front, 30% half way through development cycle, and the remaining 60% upon completion. That's pretty much the standard with most developers.

--Eric
Re: Develop a 3 level racing game like(racer demo) [Re: Nadester] #78542
06/23/06 18:22
06/23/06 18:22
A
anam Offline OP
anam  Offline OP
A

Hello All, I got a number of proposals below 1000$ (also as high as 7,500$). I agree the spec is a bit high for one month but I am pretty sure some requirements will be missed by the programmer anyway so made a bit high. Sorry about the time, there is no way to delay that. As I said this is for internal promotional use only for the company and the promotion begins 21th July.

About payment, that's the way it is, simple as that. I am not going to loose money again on programmers who never deliver taking money.

Re: Develop a 3 level racing game like(racer demo) [Re: anam] #78543
06/23/06 20:28
06/23/06 20:28
U.S.
Nadester Offline

Expert
Nadester  Offline

Expert

U.S.
Not to be so blunt but you're going to find that you're not going to get very good quality work. You're right, it sucks to lose money. But it sucks just as much for a programmer to lose hard work. That's why you have to compromise a little, and sign a legal binding document. Very few professional developers go all or nothing, only the ones who havn't gotten shafted by similiar jobs.

Re: Develop a 3 level racing game like(racer demo) [Re: Carloos] #78544
06/25/06 03:34
06/25/06 03:34
Michigan
ICEman Offline
Developer
ICEman  Offline
Developer

Michigan
oo an idea forms.

There should be a section or subsection of the forum to contract projects out.

I've come to the conclusion it might be easier to hire out things to dev teams these days then spending an eternity assembling a team what with all their "professional" reqs nowadays. (Not downing anyone who's a pro). Especially for simple projects.. a nice contract with quote.. payment.. and delivery seems great.

I'm ICEman, and I approved this message.
Re: Develop a 3 level racing game like(racer demo) [Re: ICEman] #78545
06/25/06 09:55
06/25/06 09:55
São Paulo SP Brazil
Marcio Esper Offline
Marcio Esper  Offline

São Paulo SP Brazil
I believe a game like that you propose in the e-mail with the time that you say, not for less than 10 times that you can pay and just to use for demo.

Make games is not make web pages!

Re: Develop a 3 level racing game like(racer demo) [Re: Marcio Esper] #78546
06/25/06 18:29
06/25/06 18:29
TheExpert Offline
Senior Developer
TheExpert  Offline
Senior Developer

"I said this is for internal promotional use only for the company and the promotion begins 21th July"

Strange ? can you give details on company , and promotion for what ?

a company that can put moeny to internal promotion doesn't mean to sell
or advertise a product that will make money.

So your company must have lot of meny to do that , and if it was serious they could have planned the demo from month not at last timeline

Strange , and for price they could even put more money; if they get guts to make internal promotion

ahhhahahahaa internal promotion let me laught
generally promotion is for clients !

Well i let the thread go , that's not my concern but it was really funny

Re: Develop a 3 level racing game like(racer demo) [Re: TheExpert] #78547
06/26/06 21:47
06/26/06 21:47
A
anam Offline OP
anam  Offline OP
A

TheExpert -> I don't know exactly what you mean and why you laugh. But it will not be sold, given or rented. It will run in PC kiosk in our office where clients (duh! yes ofcourse clients, not us!) can play while waiting.

Actually I have posted the project in rentacoder. Link:
http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/misc/BidRequests/ShowBidRequest.asp?lngBidRequestId=483262

If any of you have worked in rentacoder before then you know all money is escrows before project begins. So I will have to pay the whole money before you will start the project. Ofcourse you get none of it until you finish the work. This way both gets the security they want. I don't have any problem paying if get what I want in time.

Re: Develop a 3 level racing game like(racer demo) [Re: anam] #78548
06/27/06 16:01
06/27/06 16:01
Beverly, Massachusetts
Rhuarc Offline
Expert
Rhuarc  Offline
Expert

Beverly, Massachusetts
Quote:

TheExpert -> I don't know exactly what you mean and why you laugh. But it will not be sold, given or rented. It will run in PC kiosk in our office where clients (duh! yes ofcourse clients, not us!) can play while waiting.

Actually I have posted the project in rentacoder. Link:
http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/misc/BidRequests/ShowBidRequest.asp?lngBidRequestId=483262

If any of you have worked in rentacoder before then you know all money is escrows before project begins. So I will have to pay the whole money before you will start the project. Ofcourse you get none of it until you finish the work. This way both gets the security they want. I don't have any problem paying if get what I want in time.

You can ignore The Expert... he has a pretty one-track "I'm right, and you're an idiot" mindest sometimes..

Vince, whom I talked to you about on MSN has done games like this before, both with me, with other developers, and as a one man show. One was for GM, which is the one that I suggested he send you a demo of. He's good at what he does.

$1000 is not a poor budget for this project in the timeline. I did a complete 5 level kids game prototype for a guy in 2 weeks for $400 about a year ago. It was actually one of my best works I've done. Was it probably worth 5 times that? Oh yeah. I put at least 40 hours into it. But, the matter is that I enjoyed doing the project, it gave me valuable portfolio items, experience, and some cash on the side. It also got me better known, as he referred 2 of my other past clients to me.

I would probably charge about $1 grand if I were doing the project. It's about 20-30 hours of work, considering I already have a large amount of the code needed, and can produce the rest quickly. That translates to about $40 bucks an hour, pretty standard for small scale prototype contract development. A month is more than enough time for a project like this from an established developer that has resources readily available.

I'm working my ass off at a studio out here in MN now... so I'm not really taking additional contracts anymore... I really have to reccomend Vincent though- he does some damn good work.

-Rhuarc

I no longer post on these forums, keep in touch with me via:
Linkedin.com
My MSDN blog
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de